The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:46:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822524 times)
Tom, west stand oap and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #29440 on: October 08, 2021, 22:43:55 pm »

Awesome post Thanks Steve

Anyone notice some of the prominent posters are here NOT answering my question

Manwork, Singcobb, Hammy, Deepcut, Carton, Whitedogdo, Everbrite, Teachers pet, Coolcat, Steve Massey and all you others, in principle, would you contribute a small monthly amount to go towards an infrastructure project?

If you can't be bothered to read my response don't ask the fúcking question.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #29441 on: October 09, 2021, 08:47:32 am »

They don’t need to submit planning for the stand as it already has it from DC times. The more learned amongst us could tell me how long approved planning is valid for?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3086

« Reply #29442 on: October 09, 2021, 09:29:58 am »

They don’t need to submit planning for the stand as it already has it from DC times. The more learned amongst us could tell me how long approved planning is valid for?

3 years.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29443 on: October 09, 2021, 10:24:30 am »

I have the utmost respect for all members of the Trust especially those who put many hours and dedication into essentially trying their best to protect our beloved club.

As an outsider, Ive read the many well written pages and paragraphs from either the main players or those closely connected and I assume from the content professional people with lots of experience. It has also been discussed at length the possibility of a Trust or fans run club, and if we are to believe others were indeed  "waiting in the wings" to take over the club then certainly they must be of some wealth, influence or at least capable businessmen?

For me personally, there could not be a better statement of intent than the building of a Trust or fans stand. Incorporated within this stand the Trust administration and meeting rooms, a true home and focal point to be proud of which would in turn generate valuable income for the club.

If within the Trust and associates there is not the wherewithal to raise £2-3m for such an exciting and palpable community construction project, I doubt they could support the club itself?

Pick a big project and pull it off. You don't know until you try.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29444 on: October 09, 2021, 11:07:28 am »

Thanks for the support Guys, it really is appreciated.

Obviously I have hit a nerve with some of my 'foes' which I think says more about them as NTFC fans than it does me

It's not about me or the Trust, its about NTFC and moving forward.

Obviously some of those have a hidden agenda. My argument all along is why would you not want a better experience supporting your club than we currently, sorry I just don't understand.

I suggest us ALL doing something together ie: making the stadium / facilities better (I mean our owners have no intention of doing so) and you get abuse like that from a moderator of this board.

Deepcut does the fact you don't live in Northampton and don't go to many games have any bearing on your attitude??? or is it that you are in the pockets of the owners?

Because as a Cobblers fan I cannot believe how you would not support, in principle, the idea of fans raising funds to improve 'something' at our stadium.

Yes I get that the Trust have raised money before and you haven't seen anything much tangible although they have funded quite a few projects over the years, including £1000's to the Women's football team.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29445 on: October 09, 2021, 11:08:34 am »

I did answer, I said yes if certain other numbers committed to a two year standing order.
Still, you crack on moaning about people not answering questions...
You're the master of that game 😆

Thanks, sorry I missed it, having been travelling at times and checking in on mobile, which sure you know isn't the best
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29446 on: October 09, 2021, 11:11:29 am »

Thanks for including me in your communication, I'm flattered   Kiss

The only problem is I lost interest in this subject a long time ago. I just find it very boring  Sad

No problem, you are and the 1000's of silent others are far more important to the future of NTFC than myself, Hammy, Deepcut and BOTN who are constantly on this thread.

If / When something gets of the ground, bearing in mind the Trust will now have strategic planning councillors at a meetings, I hope you will re-engage and get involved somehow, no matter how small. UTC
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29447 on: October 09, 2021, 11:12:43 am »

If you can't be bothered to read my response don't ask the fúcking question.

Sorry Singcobb I genuinely missed your reply. Can you remind me how much you pledged  Grin. Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #29448 on: October 09, 2021, 11:44:44 am »

No problem, you are and the 1000's of silent others are far more important to the future of NTFC than myself, Hammy, Deepcut and BOTN who are constantly on this thread.

If / When something gets of the ground, bearing in mind the Trust will now have strategic planning councillors at a meetings, I hope you will re-engage and get involved somehow, no matter how small. UTC

I'll have you know I've supported the team for over 40 years and a good majority of those are as a season ticket holder. I have been a member of the Trust but not any more. So, over the years I have done my fair share for the club etc.

I also contribute to this forum on a regular basis but I'm fed up of this particular thread because it goes round and round in circles, same people moaning and getting nowhere.

I do want the stand to be finished and the ground to be improved but I'm tired of false dawns.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29449 on: October 09, 2021, 12:42:26 pm »

Obviously I have hit a nerve with some of my 'foes' which I think says more about them as NTFC fans than it does me

Obviously some of those have a hidden agenda. My argument all along is why would you not want a better experience supporting your club than we currently, sorry I just don't understand.

I suggest us ALL doing something together ie: making the stadium / facilities better (I mean our owners have no intention of doing so) and you get abuse like that from a moderator of this board.

Deepcut does the fact you don't live in Northampton and don't go to many games have any bearing on your attitude??? or is it that you are in the pockets of the owners?

Because as a Cobblers fan I cannot believe how you would not support, in principle, the idea of fans raising funds to improve 'something' at our stadium.

Yes I get that the Trust have raised money before and you haven't seen anything much tangible although they have funded quite a few projects over the years, including £1000's to the Women's football team.

Grin Grin I'm currently on The Trust bus about five miles from Hartlepool. Prior to the Pandemic I went two seasons without missing an away game, including mid-week games. All from my home 'living outside of Northampton'.
I have never met or even conversed with any of our owners, either current or previously.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29450 on: October 09, 2021, 13:13:31 pm »

I’m genuinely trying to be constructive when I say this but you simply have to stop picking fights with people who share a different point of view to you. It is counter productive and at best achieves nothing.  IMO the Trust board should be looking at bringing the supporters together not instigating division and conflict, especially with people such as Deepcut. You might not share his point of view, but he is widely respected by many on here and his opinion is always worth listening to. What would you rather, to be surrounded by like minded people or evaluate and draw conclusions from a wide range of perspectives. Someone once said suppressing discussion doesn’t solve the problem, it is the problem.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest1269

« Reply #29451 on: October 09, 2021, 14:56:48 pm »

I’m genuinely trying to be constructive when I say this but you simply have to stop picking fights with people who share a different point of view to you. It is counter productive and at best achieves nothing.  IMO the Trust board should be looking at bringing the supporters together not instigating division and conflict, especially with people such as Deepcut. You might not share his point of view, but he is widely respected by many on here and his opinion is always worth listening to. What would you rather, to be surrounded by like minded people or evaluate and draw conclusions from a wide range of perspectives. Someone once said suppressing discussion doesn’t solve the problem, it is the problem.

Melly- I’m getting so frustrated with this - 100% agree but I’m no longer going to bother to justify my thoughts as too many people on here seem incapable of even acknowledging  any different point of view - but worst if you do then you are labelled in the owners pocket, antitrust or not wanting the best for the club- I’m convinced this is not the way forward and will no longer contribute to this thread - additionally I had given serious consideration in making a proposal to apply to join the trust board but on reflection working with intransigence from several individuals (on both sides) tells me this is not a situation where I can contribute in a meaningful manner.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29452 on: October 09, 2021, 15:50:53 pm »

You did see his post that i was responding to above? I will remind you.....
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29453 on: October 09, 2021, 15:51:28 pm »

I was not going to respond to your question but out of courtesy I will, something that you have a history of being reluctant to do yourself.
I assume that you are going to organise/manage this project in coordination with/of The Trust?
If so, I would not contribute a single penny of my hard earned salary and pension, either now or in the future, towards any organisation or group that has elected (or not, as the case may be) you as a Board member.

There you go, now WHO started it
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29454 on: October 09, 2021, 16:00:24 pm »

I am trying to **** bring people together and all you get some certain people is **** abuse

Where was your post to Deepcut when he **** says he wouldn't contribute 1p **** penny to anything I was involved with?Huh???

Have a **** go at him first, what you your response be?  I have **** tried to include all and The Trust have given both you and Cobblerwatch time to air your views to move forward. But no the very 1st post I moan at someone you are both on here have a **** go at me saying I should work with these people FFS. WHAT THE **** DO YOU WANT BE SAY OR DO THAT WOULD MAKE ONE BLIND BIT OF DIFFERENCE TO THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE SO ENTRENCH IN THEIR VIEWS OF THE TRUST, THAT WOULD EVER CHANGE??

I have asked for help, your thoughts, what you want, blah **** blah, but nothing every comes back, you just sit there and **** pick holes on trying to move forward.

In the meantime we have owners who have been here 6 years and achieve absolutely **** all for us as a club, but not one single word against them or asking for better.

YES I AM **** ANNOYED.

the **** begins with F
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29455 on: October 09, 2021, 16:10:15 pm »

Grin Grin I'm currently on The Trust bus about five miles from Hartlepool. Prior to the Pandemic I went two seasons without missing an away game, including mid-week games. All from my home 'living outside of Northampton'.
I have never met or even conversed with any of our owners, either current or previously.  Cool

Why are you on the Trust bus?  You know you are giving money to them to spend on anti-KT presentations

I was actually asking a genuine question, we are all fans, we have all gone over and above in our support for NTFC.

But it seems the more vocal supporters on here questioning the Trust, almost all live outside the County and some outside of the Country, just thought it was interesting. Perhaps its that you don't have to put up with Northampton as a whole and the lack of development around the whole town. Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29456 on: October 09, 2021, 16:14:22 pm »

I am trying to **** bring people together and all you get some certain people is **** abuse

Where was your post to Deepcut when he **** says he wouldn't contribute 1p **** penny to anything I was involved with?Huh???

Have a **** go at him first, what you your response be?  I have **** tried to include all and The Trust have given both you and Cobblerwatch time to air your views to move forward. But no the very 1st post I moan at someone you are both on here have a **** go at me saying I should work with these people FFS. WHAT THE **** DO YOU WANT BE SAY OR DO THAT WOULD MAKE ONE BLIND BIT OF DIFFERENCE TO THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE SO ENTRENCH IN THEIR VIEWS OF THE TRUST, THAT WOULD EVER CHANGE??

I have asked for help, your thoughts, what you want, blah **** blah, but nothing every comes back, you just sit there and **** pick holes on trying to move forward.

In the meantime we have owners who have been here 6 years and achieve absolutely **** all for us as a club, but not one single word against them or asking for better.

YES I AM **** ANNOYED.

the **** begins with F

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a member of our supporter's trust board.  Roll Eyes

Seriously mate, you would do well to listen to the advice Deepcut gave you. You'll get nowhere on your own. People currently don't agree with you (at least not fully). You need to get them on board. There are many ways of doing this, but none of them involve generally being abrasive, shouting people down, telling them they are wrong, talking down to them or losing your shìt at them.

Timing is also important. While the rest of us were talking about the game taking place, you're on this thread starting fights... it kind of shows where your priorities are.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest168

« Reply #29457 on: October 09, 2021, 16:15:50 pm »

I'll have you know I've supported the team for over 40 years and a good majority of those are as a season ticket holder. I have been a member of the Trust but not any more. So, over the years I have done my fair share for the club etc.

I also contribute to this forum on a regular basis but I'm fed up of this particular thread because it goes round and round in circles, same people moaning and getting nowhere.

I do want the stand to be finished and the ground to be improved but I'm tired of false dawns.

Hi

i wasnt questioning your commitment, I totally get why you are tired of false dawns, I and the Trust feel exactly the same.

Do you think we should wait for KT or start trying to make things happen ourself?? Hence why I was asking for feedback re Infrastructure Foundation
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29458 on: October 09, 2021, 16:24:20 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a member of our supporter's trust board.  Roll Eyes

Seriously mate, you would do well to listen to the advice Deepcut gave you. You'll get nowhere on your own. People currently don't agree with you (at least not fully). You need to get them on board. There are many ways of doing this, but none of them involve generally being abrasive, shouting people down, telling them they are wrong, talking down to them or losing your shìt at them.

Timing is also important. While the rest of us were talking about the game taking place, you're on this thread starting fights... it kind of shows where your priorities are.

Thanks BOTN, funny how you never post any to me unless you are criticising and telling me how i should be. Never any constructive comments. As i was writing i was thinking now who will be 1st to respond saying just what you said. You won - congratulations

and again it was Deepcut, just had to say no thank you not at this time, but no he had to get a dig in. Still like you, he wants to make me the scapegoat and take focus away from NTFC & the owners

Tell me BOTN, we are now 14th L2, lowest scorers, £7m in debt, squad value of £1.50 and a packet of pork scratchings, who is the real villain here. - KT or myself Huh??
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29459 on: October 09, 2021, 16:48:43 pm »

Thanks BOTN, funny how you never post any to me unless you are criticising and telling me how i should be.

Maybe show a little more courtesy, humility and politeness in your public posts then maybe I won't feel the need to?

We had a perfectly civil exchange of views via PM the other day, so I struggle to understand why you are so volatile in public.

Not everyone that doesn't agree with you has a hidden agenda or is in KTs pocket!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: