The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:47:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820012 times)
Barty and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #29480 on: October 10, 2021, 15:14:26 pm »

I remember a few drunken experiences in Big Hand Mo’s after having a few decent nights in the Rover which was better.  Equally I remember the Malt Shovel being Barney Rubbles unless I’m mistaken?  I think these nights often ended up in the Stars & Stripes or Top of the Town or most likely barred so had to go to Panache.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3429

« Reply #29481 on: October 10, 2021, 15:33:26 pm »

Thanks Zen, Of course having Cobblers shirts on the wall was better than baseball gloves FFS!

I'm sure I would've picked you up, dusted you down and make you look respectable again before hopefully pointing you in the right direction, as was my job sir.

I left the brewery over the Mos debacle, they gave it to a guy from Peterborough  Wink

Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #29482 on: October 10, 2021, 18:30:17 pm »

Just wanted to speak to the silent majority out there, I hope you are able to see that my only concern is to make NTFC better and move us forward away from owners whose only focus is land development.

The Council believe that the Trust is relevant, and as they hold the freehold to the development land, they are the important ones.

Others will mock and try to derail any progress for whatever their own personal reasons are - our owners have had 6 long years and we are going nowhere on the pitch and nowhere off it, they have had long enough.

Either build the East stand like you said, out of your own funds, or do a deal that involves others and move on. Stand first or Infrastructure Foundation, its up to you KT / DB.

Time for action, action that involves investment, hence why I am at least trying to come up with some ideas that will move the redevelopment forward.

I am proud to be involved with the Trust and I am proud to be one of those who are looking at the Infrastructure Foundation.

I was voted supporter of the Year, I have earned and save the club tens of thousands, I have helped many many supporters on matchdays in the past etc etc etc

I want a better NTFC and I do not apologise for that, and I won't let the naysayers win.

If anyone wants to speak with me directly, to either support or complain, then please PM and i will give you my number, be very happy to talk and listen.

Fine words and I admire your passion even if I don't always agree with everything you say.

However I really think you need someone from the Trust to shout out this message in public and to the wider fan base.
I'm afraid constantly berating us few old crusties on this forum ain't getting you anywhere.

All Cobblers fans dream of a brighter future so I wish you well.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29483 on: October 10, 2021, 18:55:19 pm »

Why not approach the Trust for the grand? How much £ is in the reserves?

They did....and it was agreed by The Trust Board that they would pay their proposed share of the costs of producing detailed drawings and for the feasibility study. It all sort of fell down when one of the other parties did not wish to partake, indeed they presented their own vision of their own fans village as part of their East Stand plans......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29484 on: October 10, 2021, 18:59:13 pm »

They did....and it was agreed by The Trust Board that they would pay their proposed share of the costs of producing detailed drawings and for the feasibility study. It all sort of fell down when one of the other parties did not wish to partake, indeed they presented their own vision of their own fans village as part of their East Stand plans......
Oh dear, so the club put the stop on the fans wanting to improve sixseats.
There you have it our progressive chairman in action.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29485 on: October 10, 2021, 19:21:00 pm »

I was the last landlord of The Red Rover when under Scottish & Newcastle so I can confirm how much was to be made from The Saints.

When I ran the place I had free reign as it had been destined to an ill-fated redevelopment by upper management in Nottingham so therefore could run it as I wished. I separated the bar to Cobblers and the lounge to The Saints, we even sold programmes on match days. Sadly I only had Saints players come to visit me Paul Grayson, who left me his soiled shorts to put up, Tim Rodber, Harvey Thorneycroft and the like.
Were you ever known as "Spud"? Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #29486 on: October 10, 2021, 19:37:59 pm »

"The bird s*** on the seats really should be cleaned".

Sorry mate but you are going to have to be a bit more detailed than that because you are making it sound like the club(KT) killed the plans.  That's not the impression anyone from either side gave when they made their public statements. 

How much did the Trust agree to contribute and did they actually hand it over?  How much were the club asked for and what was their actual response?  Was anyone else chipping in?  Did the club reject the proposals in favour of their own East Stand Plans?  When you say they did not wish to partake what do you mean....at all, just financially or plans wise.  What did they ACTUALLY say when it was presented to them?

The club said at the time they released their East Stand Plans....

"It was decided that any capacity increases would be more prudent at the North or South ends of the stadium and with this in mind we look forward to furthering discussion with The New Hotel End project being introduced by the fans."

Was that a blatant lie?

I ask all this because it's important.  Because the very next post after yours unsurprisingly says "Oh dear, so the club put the stop on the fans wanting to improve sixseats.  There you have it our progressive chairman in action."

And with that it becomes yet another "fact" that will get repeated ad infinitum.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29487 on: October 10, 2021, 20:31:56 pm »

Oh dear, so the club put the stop on the fans wanting to improve sixseats.
There you have it our progressive chairman in action.

No I don't think you can really say that.

The Trust certainly agreed to pay around £1k I believe, but as GPC said, it got "shelved" for the time being as the the club launched it East stand development day and the relationship between the club and the Trust worsened.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29488 on: October 10, 2021, 20:52:04 pm »

"The bird **** on the seats really should be cleaned".

Sorry mate but you are going to have to be a bit more detailed than that because you are making it sound like the club(KT) killed the plans.  That's not the impression anyone from either side gave when they made their public statements. 

How much did the Trust agree to contribute and did they actually hand it over?  How much were the club asked for and what was their actual response?  Was anyone else chipping in?  Did the club reject the proposals in favour of their own East Stand Plans?  When you say they did not wish to partake what do you mean....at all, just financially or plans wise.  What did they ACTUALLY say when it was presented to them?

The club said at the time they released their East Stand Plans....

"It was decided that any capacity increases would be more prudent at the North or South ends of the stadium and with this in mind we look forward to furthering discussion with The New Hotel End project being introduced by the fans."

Was that a blatant lie?

I ask all this because it's important.  Because the very next post after yours unsurprisingly says "Oh dear, so the club put the stop on the fans wanting to improve sixseats.  There you have it our progressive chairman in action."

And with that it becomes yet another "fact" that will get repeated ad infinitum.

The Trust were asked for £750 + VAT (£900) and agreed by vote at a monthly board meeting that they would pay..... the money did not change hands though. The club was asked for the same, and as far as I know it was not paid., nor was it agreed to be paid.

The club also said
"• Potential Fan Zone
Space for a Fan Zone project has been earmarked behind the new East Stand and further consultation would be planned to decide on the best usage. More discussions are also planned with the New Hotel End project to ensure that the potential Fan Zone areas behind the East and North End complement each other."

The project coordinators and KT will know what was said, if any money was offered, or indeed if there have been any further discussions.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3359

« Reply #29489 on: October 11, 2021, 07:22:24 am »

I thought the New Hotel End, and some of the other discussions on here were going to be fan funded?
Surely this is a great opportunity to test the fan base and start a crowd funding process to get formal drawings etc done? A venture that is part Trust funded and part Fan funded would certainly be an exciting prospect and get me interested. As stated previously, its something I would pay towards.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29490 on: October 11, 2021, 08:10:07 am »

I thought the New Hotel End, and some of the other discussions on here were going to be fan funded?
Surely this is a great opportunity to test the fan base and start a crowd funding process to get formal drawings etc done? A venture that is part Trust funded and part Fan funded would certainly be an exciting prospect and get me interested. As stated previously, its something I would pay towards.
I think that was the idea, but if it was as been reported, that the main beneficiaries NTFC, declined to get the ball rolling with a £900 donation, that's a strange decision. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29491 on: October 11, 2021, 08:36:54 am »

I think that was the idea, but if it was as been reported, that the main beneficiaries NTFC, declined to get the ball rolling with a £900 donation, that's a strange decision. 
I thought the main beneficiaries were the fans? I share the disappointment and surprise the club didn't contribute but that's after knowing that was the plan. Honestly I thought it would all be fan funded. Things like this happen because clubs cant or wont do them, so seems strange to shelve it because the club wont support.
A project like this, that has clear and obvious benefits (although some over reach like I said before with the more extravagant festivals etc), might just be the kick up the ass the owners need to show what fans want and what benefit it can bring.
I'll chuck in £50 now if there was a crowd funding to get the feasibility completed and professional drawings.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29492 on: October 11, 2021, 08:49:11 am »

With all respect, if a project needed £900 (from the club) to get it going and has ultimately stopped it starting I doubt there is the appetite from anyone to make it happen.
Unless the club not donating was enough to put the individuals/Trust off. The way the landscape is now there is no way the club/Trust can work together on something of that nature.
Maybe something for the new fans rep?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #29493 on: October 11, 2021, 09:25:14 am »

With all respect, if a project needed £900 (from the club) to get it going and has ultimately stopped it starting I doubt there is the appetite from anyone to make it happen.
Unless the club not donating was enough to put the individuals/Trust off. The way the landscape is now there is no way the club/Trust can work together on something of that nature.

If I was running the project and the main beneficiaries declined to invest £900 in something that could make them a lot of money I would ask myself why could this be ? Possible answers: A/ Don't think it will work ? B/ Want to be in control of all development at Sixfields ? or C/  Don't want fans involved ?
   Anyone got any better answers ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29494 on: October 11, 2021, 09:28:17 am »

My guess would be A. That the cost of investment wont be paid back through fans using it. All the more reason to prove them wrong. Something that has been paid for by the fans is more likely to used by the fans.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29495 on: October 11, 2021, 10:52:32 am »

If I was running the project and the main beneficiaries declined to invest £900 in something that could make them a lot of money I would ask myself why could this be ? Possible answers: A/ Don't think it will work ? B/ Want to be in control of all development at Sixfields ? or C/  Don't want fans involved ?
   Anyone got any better answers ?

I doubt they put too many sums behind it but I think they’ve had enough time to demonstrate that they are not in it to ‘speculate to accumulate’, outside of the debt they’ve racked up so far running the club.
Any tangible development/improvements are probably reliant on a longer term model for the benefit of the fans, sadly by the fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #29496 on: October 11, 2021, 11:02:53 am »

I doubt they put too many sums behind it but I think they’ve had enough time to demonstrate that they are not in it to ‘speculate to accumulate’, outside of the debt they’ve racked up so far running the club.
Any tangible development/improvements are probably reliant on a longer term model for the benefit of the fans, sadly by the fans.
I know what you're saying but £900 is a very small drop in the ocean, I doubt that they didn't give them the grant because they couldn't afford the money.
They could have just made the debt £7,000,900  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29497 on: October 11, 2021, 15:09:51 pm »

My guess would be A. That the cost of investment wont be paid back through fans using it. All the more reason to prove them wrong. Something that has been paid for by the fans is more likely to used by the fans.
What £900, the fans were going to pay for the stand, this was the feasibility study.
I think the gesture says more about KT than the £900.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #29498 on: October 12, 2021, 07:33:28 am »

What £900, the fans were going to pay for the stand, this was the feasibility study.
I think the gesture says more about KT than the £900.
If the fans are going to pay for the venture, we should pay for the venture.
The club are never going to pay for it so its a false start by asking them. The project needed to prove to the club it would work and then maybe go to the club after its up and running to maybe fund some of the more extravagant touches or pay for some integration, maybe a ticket barrier into the fan park or something like that to keep it integrated.

Several of us stated we would pay towards something tangible. This is something tangible. Its also a low amount of money so it would be a quick win to show that the fans can make a difference and fans like you can use it to shame the current owners if you so wish
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29499 on: October 12, 2021, 08:09:57 am »

If the fans are going to pay for the venture, we should pay for the venture.
The club are never going to pay for it so its a false start by asking them. The project needed to prove to the club it would work and then maybe go to the club after its up and running to maybe fund some of the more extravagant touches or pay for some integration, maybe a ticket barrier into the fan park or something like that to keep it integrated.

Several of us stated we would pay towards something tangible. This is something tangible. Its also a low amount of money so it would be a quick win to show that the fans can make a difference and fans like you can use it to shame the current owners if you so wish
Do you know what Woody, I have absolutely no wish to shame our owner what so ever.
The trust and fans could probably spend £10k getting drawings and plans created only for the club to turn around and go thanks for that we will think about it.
There has to be buy in from the owner, it’s him that has the lease hold after all.
For what it’s worth before the L1 play off final to get into the Championship the council announced that if we win the north stand would have been extended.
I believe there are plans to extend the north as per the West Stand, the foundations are already in the ground, this was a future proofing feature of Sixfields built by BN.
So in a nutshell there are already foundations in place and plans to put on the “top tier” to match the west.
Last time I looked it’s about £1000 per seat for a stadium so the stand would cost between £1.1m and £2m depending on who built it. Back in the day Bobby McAlpine was so cheap it was ridiculous.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: