The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:58:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822567 times)
Another Pedj (+ 1 Hidden) and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29500 on: October 12, 2021, 08:14:52 am »

If the fans are going to pay for the venture, we should pay for the venture.
The club are never going to pay for it so its a false start by asking them. The project needed to prove to the club it would work and then maybe go to the club after its up and running to maybe fund some of the more extravagant touches or pay for some integration, maybe a ticket barrier into the fan park or something like that to keep it integrated.

Several of us stated we would pay towards something tangible. This is something tangible. Its also a low amount of money so it would be a quick win to show that the fans can make a difference and fans like you can use it to shame the current owners if you so wish
Look at it another way, say you needed a conservatory on your house and it was going to cost £20K, a friend said he'll build it for you if you get the drawings done, which will cost £200, why would you turn him down ? You are getting your property improved at virtually no cost to you and added value for when you sell the property.
     There is more than the £900 behind the refusal, what could be the reason ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29501 on: October 12, 2021, 08:22:02 am »

Look at it another way, say you needed a conservatory on your house and it was going to cost £20K, a friend said he'll build it for you if you get the drawings done, which will cost £200, why would you turn him down ? You are getting your property improved at virtually no cost to you and added value for when you sell the property.
     There is more than the £900 behind the refusal, what could be the reason ?
Can I flip your analogy to one I think is more closely aligned.
Your builder mate tells you that building a conservatory will add value to your house and make it easier to sell when the time is right. You don't believe him. He's so confident he's right so he pays for the drawings to be done, gets his estate agent mate to value the house with and without the conservatory to prove you wrong. He then shows you. You are amazed and admit you were wrong. You then agree to getting the work done and you hug and embrace and go skipping off in to the sunset together.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29502 on: October 12, 2021, 08:40:36 am »

Can I flip your analogy to one I think is more closely aligned.
Your builder mate tells you that building a conservatory will add value to your house and make it easier to sell when the time is right. You don't believe him. He's so confident he's right so he pays for the drawings to be done, gets his estate agent mate to value the house with and without the conservatory to prove him wrong. He then shows you. You are amazed and admit you were wrong. You then agree to getting the work done and you hug and embrace and go skipping off in to the sunset together.
Sounds like a condom advert.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29503 on: October 12, 2021, 09:47:21 am »

Sounds like a condom advert.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #29504 on: October 12, 2021, 11:24:29 am »

Sadly from what I've been told the Supporters Trust or more accurately the Suporters Trust Board effectively killed the New Hotel End project.  By announcing their withdrawal of support for the East Stand development and essentially severing the remaining relationship they had with the club and it's owners they created an environment that realistically no fan led project was likely to succeed in.  Particuarly one that the Supporters Trust were backing.

They also never contributed the £900 or covered the whole amount required for the drawings of this fan led project.

Quite sad really that the first tangible supporter led project in years got "shelved" in this way.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:27:02 am by MCHammer » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29505 on: October 12, 2021, 11:55:01 am »

Sadly from what I've been told the Supporters Trust or more accurately the Suporters Trust Board effectively killed the New Hotel End project.  By announcing their withdrawal of support for the East Stand development and essentially severing the remaining relationship they had with the club and it's owners they created an environment that realistically no fan led project was likely to succeed in.  Particuarly one that the Supporters Trust were backing.

They also never contributed the £900 or covered the whole amount required for the drawings of this fan led project.

Quite sad really that the first tangible supporter led project in years got "shelved" in this way.
So our owners refused the FANS money and chance of rebuilding the north stand improving THEIR assets because the Trust?
Are you seriously expecting people would believe your made up version of events? The trust has 700+ members we have nearly 3000 season ticket holders and regularly get the best part of 5000 home fans.
If the club embraced this project it would be a massive tick in the box for our owners fan relationship and would be seen favourably by the council.
Your bitterness and hatred of the trust is your problem but don’t make out it’s their fault the club ended the fan’s participation in trying to better the clubs infrastructure.
Quite sad really.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29506 on: October 12, 2021, 12:09:43 pm »

So our owners refused the FANS money and chance of rebuilding the north stand improving THEIR assets because the Trust?
Are you seriously expecting people would believe your made up version of events? The trust has 700+ members we have nearly 3000 season ticket holders and regularly get the best part of 5000 home fans.
If the club embraced this project it would be a massive tick in the box for our owners fan relationship and would be seen favourably by the council.
Your bitterness and hatred of the trust is your problem but don’t make out it’s their fault the club ended the fan’s participation in trying to better the clubs infrastructure.
Quite sad really.

He hasn't actually said that?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
KeithB

View Profile
« Reply #29507 on: October 12, 2021, 12:13:31 pm »

I'm not sure who told you what you're spreading on here, but here are some facts.

The New Hotel End project was not a Trust-initiated project.  It started without the Trust and there was nothing to prevent it from continuing either with or without Trust involvement.  I was asked to be involved and had a couple of phone calls with one of the project leaders but was never asked to do anything.  Following a presentation to a board meeting the Trust Board agreed to contribute the money to get the ball rolling towards a vision we could hopefully all get behind (maybe even the owners - imagine that!), but WAS NEVER ASKED TO PAY IT.  We would still pay if the project was re-started.

The decision of the project organisers to put it on hold was nothing to do with the Trust or the Trust Board.  I personally see no reason why building the vision and progressing with planning could not have continued, but as I say it was not a Trust project and therefore not a decision we were involved with.  Even more so given the current poor relationship between the Trust and the owners has been significantly contributed to by their own failure to come up with any visions at all.  What better time for supporters to work together?

A very misinformed post.  
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29508 on: October 12, 2021, 12:18:48 pm »

He hasn't actually said that?
No but he inferred it mate.
I think Keith has put that right.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29509 on: October 12, 2021, 12:53:35 pm »

No but he inferred it mate.
I think Keith has put that right.

Exactly, but your initial response didn't help... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #29510 on: October 12, 2021, 13:05:48 pm »

Im looking at this outside in..

So. Its going to cost circa 1800quid to do a feasibility study or whatever you want to call it, in order to put together plans/drawings etc for this newly designed north stand/village/arena?

In order for it to then be able to go back to the club for discussions to start in terms of the legalities of it, how it would all work, would it be leased back to the club etc etc?

I was pretty excitied about this idea, the main driver of it would vouch for that. I do recall a rather vague statement about it being shelved, and since then I've had no contact/information as to the real reasons why.

Like I said. On the face of it, a real shame. I had my differences of opinions about the details of it, but those details would have been discussed in the open across the board further down the line and once the ball had got rolling. Im sure then the plans would have evolved in which ever direction had the most appeal etc, and only once consultation had occurred would the answers be known to that!

Id be surprised if it had anything to do with the club not being prepared to pay money towards these plans. TBH, I would be surprised if they were asked to. It was a fans initiative and would surely have stayed that way throughout the initial (at least) stages. I was also VERY supportive of it because ultimately it would have proven one way or t'other where we stand long term with the whole ground redevelopment thing. Are the owners up for it? Do the supporters want it? You know, a lot of questions would have been answered along the lines....

Finally, I'm struggling to see how the supporters trusts involvement in anything or otherwise, would have anything to do with it. I was still involved with the trust early summer, and I can vouch it was a totally non trust related project. Unless things changed thereafter, I cant comment on that because I don't know the answer!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29511 on: October 12, 2021, 13:22:35 pm »

so the new stick to beat the Trust with is the New Hotel Project

As been clearly stated the Trust board supported the request for some funds to get some plans etc done.

After speaking with the club the project was put on hold by the organisers.

Why not ask the club or wait and speak with the club's supporters rep.

It was in the early stages of an idea, I think it was based around using the banking at the back of the North stand as an amphitheatre and hold live events etc there. sorry I don't have any more details.

I believe the club were planning a fans village in the East stand so it wasn't a priority to them.

It does show that us as fans, do want something better from our club, just we have to pull together and focus on developing a better club / stadium .

Why can no longer sit back and do nothing, waiting / expecting our owners to do it for us.

KT for me fair to him has said NTFC isn't worth developing. I suppose it doesn't make sense for him as he has no long term interest

Expect his sole focus is getting money for DB and possibly the Chinese
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29512 on: October 12, 2021, 13:31:30 pm »

As been clearly stated the Trust board supported the request for some funds to get some plans etc done.

It was in the early stages of an idea, I think it was based around using the banking at the back of the North stand as an amphitheatre and hold live events etc there. sorry I don't have any more details.

I believe the club were planning a fans village in the East stand so it wasn't a priority to them.

It does show that us as fans, do want something better from our club, just we have to pull together and focus on developing a better club / stadium .

Why can no longer sit back and do nothing, waiting / expecting our owners to do it for us.

KT for me fair to him has said NTFC isn't worth developing. I suppose it doesn't make sense for him as he has no long term interest

You need to read more of the posts. I think there was only 1 that possibly angled towards the Trust.
The rest if anything were anti club / disappointment to the club.
This was supposed to be a fan supported initiative but the fans (outside of the Trust) havent been given the opportunity to back it.

My hope is those involved see some of the comments on here. Confirm with the Trust they are still happy to support (which sounds like they are) and the start a crowd funding for the rest
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29513 on: October 12, 2021, 14:11:58 pm »

You need to read more of the posts. I think there was only 1 that possibly angled towards the Trust.
The rest if anything were anti club / disappointment to the club.
This was supposed to be a fan supported initiative but the fans (outside of the Trust) havent been given the opportunity to back it.

My hope is those involved see some of the comments on here. Confirm with the Trust they are still happy to support (which sounds like they are) and the start a crowd funding for the rest
I'd quite like to hear what the organisers of this north stand project have to say for themselves and why they have placed their project on hold (,if indeed it is on hold). Not sure if you'll get an honest and frank answer from them but if they are truly independent I don't see why not?
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #29514 on: October 12, 2021, 14:23:35 pm »

Quite sad really.

As Deepcut rightly pointed out I didn't say that at all and I didn't even infer that.  I didn't mention anything about the owners refusing money to the fans or this being the reason if he did refuse and bear in mind that's a bif IF because you don't know that either.

I haven't made anything up I'm simply stating facts.  Keith didn't resolve this with anything he said...he simply did what you have done and said a lot of stuff that was in response to something I didn't actually say.

You are the one who was told a rumour that the club declined to partake in the project and have turned that into the club killing the project.  
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29515 on: October 12, 2021, 14:46:18 pm »

Even if you don't read other peoples posts or opinions, can I suggest that you read your own Trust Board colleagues posts before you decide to post?
Report Spam   Logged

MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #29516 on: October 12, 2021, 14:48:57 pm »

I'm not sure who told you what you're spreading on here, but here are some facts.

The New Hotel End project was not a Trust-initiated project.  It started without the Trust and there was nothing to prevent it from continuing either with or without Trust involvement.  I was asked to be involved and had a couple of phone calls with one of the project leaders but was never asked to do anything.  Following a presentation to a board meeting the Trust Board agreed to contribute the money to get the ball rolling towards a vision we could hopefully all get behind (maybe even the owners - imagine that!), but WAS NEVER ASKED TO PAY IT.  We would still pay if the project was re-started.

The decision of the project organisers to put it on hold was nothing to do with the Trust or the Trust Board.  I personally see no reason why building the vision and progressing with planning could not have continued, but as I say it was not a Trust project and therefore not a decision we were involved with.  Even more so given the current poor relationship between the Trust and the owners has been significantly contributed to by their own failure to come up with any visions at all.  What better time for supporters to work together?

A very misinformed post.  

Appreciate the reply Keith but you've completely misrepresented what I said and that's now being repeated by others which is unfair.  I'm not "spreading" anything.  I'm stating facts based on the events as they happened as informed by those involved.

If I'm misinformed then feel free to point of where what I have said previously is incorrect.

You should also clarify what you have said as I never stated it was a Trust initiated project and never stated the Trust Board made or was involved in the decision not to go forward with the project.  
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29517 on: October 12, 2021, 15:01:39 pm »

I'd quite like to hear what the organisers of this north stand project have to say for themselves and why they have placed their project on hold (,if indeed it is on hold). Not sure if you'll get an honest and frank answer from them but if they are truly independent I don't see why not?

It's pretty much all in here. No idea of any updates. Could be that these things take time and Keith (quoted/misquoted as being one of the three on the working group) would know if it had moved on.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/the-new-hotel-end-cobblers-fans-launch-ambitious-project-to-create-landmark-safe-standing-end-at-sixfields-3272334

The Trust offered to pay to get it going, so seems unfair to start dragging the club into it. With the rocks that have been thrown at the club, I'm sure we would have heard about it if they'd blocked it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29518 on: October 12, 2021, 15:07:06 pm »

To be fair to the Trust, someone's interpretation of what may or may not have happened post the withdrawal isnt the Trust's fault. I understand the thought process but to shelve the project because of it for me is very short sighted.
It seems the owners opinion of the Trust has been caused by an 'agenda' they have about fan ownership and some of the lines of questioning from the Trust. I would have thought that something tangible, with fan backing, that isnt the Trust would have every opportunity for successes regardless of the Trust
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #29519 on: October 12, 2021, 15:24:20 pm »

It's pretty much all in here. No idea of any updates. Could be that these things take time and Keith (quoted/misquoted as being one of the three on the working group) would know if it had moved on.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/the-new-hotel-end-cobblers-fans-launch-ambitious-project-to-create-landmark-safe-standing-end-at-sixfields-3272334

The Trust offered to pay to get it going, so seems unfair to start dragging the club into it. With the rocks that have been thrown at the club, I'm sure we would have heard about it if they'd blocked it.

One of the organisers posted on Twitter in August that they had put the project on hold as they were disappointed (can't remember the exact wording) with the Trust/club spat. That was it, blink and you would have missed it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: