The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:35:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821558 times)
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29520 on: October 12, 2021, 15:37:59 pm »

Sadly from what I've been told the Supporters Trust or more accurately the Suporters Trust Board effectively killed the New Hotel End project. 
  Posted by MC Hammer at 15.48

" I never stated it was a Trust initiated project and never stated the Trust Board made or was involved in the decision not to go forward with the project."

So are there 2 MC Hammers on here ?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29521 on: October 12, 2021, 15:42:41 pm »

" I never stated it was a Trust initiated project and never stated the Trust Board made or was involved in the decision not to go forward with the project."

Why is everyone looking for a fight on here all the time. Add the next sentence to the one you have quoted and it adds the context that it was the perceived environment created by the withdrawal not an actual decision by the Trust.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29522 on: October 12, 2021, 15:43:30 pm »

It's pretty much all in here. No idea of any updates. Could be that these things take time and Keith (quoted/misquoted as being one of the three on the working group) would know if it had moved on.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/the-new-hotel-end-cobblers-fans-launch-ambitious-project-to-create-landmark-safe-standing-end-at-sixfields-3272334

The Trust offered to pay to get it going, so seems unfair to start dragging the club into it. With the rocks that have been thrown at the club, I'm sure we would have heard about it if they'd blocked it.
Thanks CT, I had seen the release describing what had been proposed (and I applauded the idea at the time) but I hadn't seen the names involved.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29523 on: October 12, 2021, 15:45:20 pm »

But this all shows how its possible for 3-4 people to all interpret something that is written in black and white in different ways and why written answers are not always the right way to go and that verbal discussion is needed to add context and clarity  Wink Cool
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29524 on: October 12, 2021, 15:47:42 pm »

But this all shows how its possible for 3-4 people to all interpret something that is written in black and white in different ways and why written answers are not always the right way to go and that verbal discussion is needed to add context and clarity  Wink Cool

You mean like a Zoom call? (Sorry, I'll put my wooden spoon away now.  Evil)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #29525 on: October 12, 2021, 15:57:15 pm »

Not like you to completely miss the point....actually it's very much like you.

Maybe I missed it....where did I say it was a Trust initiated project?  Where did I say the Trust Board made or was involved in the decision not to go forward with the project?

As Woody so eloquently explained my point wa smade quite clear if you care to quote more than just one sentence.  And even that one sentence doesn't say what you seem to think it does.  That's not a me problem that's one for you to resolve in your own head.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29526 on: October 12, 2021, 15:59:45 pm »

I think misinterpretation of the written word, of which I'm not good, is more down to bad grammar.
Innit.
Why else do you think people put their names in writing (or not) to anything?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29527 on: October 12, 2021, 16:01:46 pm »

As Deepcut rightly pointed out I didn't say that at all and I didn't even infer that.  I didn't mention anything about the owners refusing money to the fans or this being the reason if he did refuse and bear in mind that's a bif IF because you don't know that either.

I haven't made anything up I'm simply stating facts.  Keith didn't resolve this with anything he said...he simply did what you have done and said a lot of stuff that was in response to something I didn't actually say.

You are the one who was told a rumour that the club declined to partake in the project and have turned that into the club killing the project.  
Do you read your own posts? You said it was the trust involvement that curtailed the initiative.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #29528 on: October 12, 2021, 16:02:40 pm »

Not like you to completely miss the point....actually it's very much like you.

Maybe I missed it....where did I say it was a Trust initiated project?  Where did I say the Trust Board made or was involved in the decision not to go forward with the project?

As Woody so eloquently explained my point wa smade quite clear if you care to quote more than just one sentence.  And even that one sentence doesn't say what you seem to think it does.  That's not a me problem that's one for you to resolve in your own head.
So McH, if you aren't in any way blaming the Trust, why did you mention them in the first place?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29529 on: October 12, 2021, 16:09:37 pm »

...and in my experience if it is written in the Chron black and white you can't assume it is fact.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29530 on: October 12, 2021, 16:11:35 pm »

...and in my experience if it is written in the Chron black and white you can't assume it is fact.
Grin
Nothing's ever a fact, only a theory waiting to be disproven.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29531 on: October 12, 2021, 16:14:33 pm »

Sadly from what I've been told the Supporters Trust or more accurately the Suporters Trust Board effectively killed the New Hotel End project.  By announcing their withdrawal of support for the East Stand development and essentially severing the remaining relationship they had with the club and it's owners they created an environment that realistically no fan led project was likely to succeed in.  Particuarly one that the Supporters Trust were backing.

They also never contributed the £900 or covered the whole amount required for the drawings of this fan led project.

Quite sad really that the first tangible supporter led project in years got "shelved" in this way.

Ok sorry so you framed it by saying what you have been told.

So you are saying that owners will cut their nose off to spite their face ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29532 on: October 12, 2021, 16:16:00 pm »

So McH, if you aren't in any way blaming the Trust, why did you mention them in the first place?

Exactly, especially when you and your friends have to defend the statement and say everyone but them misread it
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29533 on: October 12, 2021, 16:18:53 pm »

Even if you don't read other peoples posts or opinions, can I suggest that you read your own Trust Board colleagues posts before you decide to post?

why what did i say incorrect now DC?

Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #29534 on: October 12, 2021, 17:54:50 pm »

I am blaming the Supporters Trust Board.  Go back and read my original post.

As I made clear the Supporters Trust Board (note the distinction here between board and membership) withdrew support for the East Stand Development deal.  This was done two days before the club were due to present plans at their open day. 

Meanwhile you have supporter led New Hotel End Project (backed by the Trust NOTE THERE'S A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BACKED AND LED OR INITIATED FOR THE HARD OF READING) had been gaining some publicity and traction and was even positively mentioned by the club in the info released on it's open day.  Both the club and the project leaders had publicly said there had been positive discussions and would work together to ensure both projects could compliment each other.

The Trust Board withdrawal of their backing inevitably signalled the end of the relationship between Club and Trust.  Some back and forth with open letters from staff and Trust and hey presto relationship not only dead but well and truly buried.

New Hotel End Project announce in that environment and with the relationship between Trust and Club as it is they were shelving plans.

You'd have to ask them why the didn't just press on regardless but think about this logically.  The main partners in this project would have been the supporters and the club.  How can that project progress in an enviromment where the main supporters representative group, who as I mentioned are backing this project verbally and financially, and the club don't even have a relationship.

A final point and here's what I find most interesting with what has happened with this discussion and maybe why people need to address their own critical thinking about what they get told (Woody and Deepcut excluded).  I make a post blaming the Trust based on a factual sequence of events that actually occurred and get misquoted, misrepresented, called a liar, trust hater etc.  Where were all these questions when a RUMOUR is posted and starts to be presented as fact essentially saying KT killed the project when he wouldn't stump up £900?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29535 on: October 12, 2021, 18:46:33 pm »

As I made clear the Supporters Trust Board (note the distinction here between board and membership) withdrew support for the East Stand Development deal.  This was done two days before the club were due to present plans at their open day. 

Meanwhile you have supporter led New Hotel End Project (backed by the Trust NOTE THERE'S A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BACKED AND LED OR INITIATED FOR THE HARD OF READING) had been gaining some publicity and traction and was even positively mentioned by the club in the info released on it's open day.  Both the club and the project leaders had publicly said there had been positive discussions and would work together to ensure both projects could compliment each other.

The Trust Board withdrawal of their backing inevitably signalled the end of the relationship between Club and Trust.  Some back and forth with open letters from staff and Trust and hey presto relationship not only dead but well and truly buried.

New Hotel End Project announce in that environment and with the relationship between Trust and Club as it is they were shelving plans.

You'd have to ask them why the didn't just press on regardless but think about this logically.  The main partners in this project would have been the supporters and the club.  How can that project progress in an enviromment where the main supporters representative group, who as I mentioned are backing this project verbally and financially, and the club don't even have a relationship.

A final point and here's what I find most interesting with what has happened with this discussion and maybe why people need to address their own critical thinking about what they get told (Woody and Deepcut excluded).  I make a post blaming the Trust based on a factual sequence of events that actually occurred and get misquoted, misrepresented, called a liar, trust hater etc.  Where were all these questions when a RUMOUR is posted and starts to be presented as fact essentially saying KT killed the project when he wouldn't stump up £900?
Yes, but are you blaming them or simply explaining why the HE initiative hasn't progressed?
Do you think the Trust board deliberately withdrew their backing of the east stand so that the new HE north stand couldn't go ahead.
I don't think you are but its coming across like that, you see.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29536 on: October 12, 2021, 18:49:51 pm »

Also makes you realise how dependant these alternative supporters groups are on the Trust and how little thanks they get for their support.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29537 on: October 12, 2021, 19:03:06 pm »

The owners ended the relationship by refusing to answer questions THEY asked for and the led a shameless campaign to undermine the one true voice of Northampton fans THE TRUST.
Like most things our owners do it’s turning out to be another spectacular disaster for them.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29538 on: October 12, 2021, 19:48:22 pm »

They might be your voice Manwork, but the Trust are certainly not my voice.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29539 on: October 12, 2021, 19:57:48 pm »

The owners ended the relationship by refusing to answer questions THEY asked for and the led a shameless campaign to undermine the one true voice of Northampton fans THE TRUST.
Like most things our owners do it’s turning out to be another spectacular disaster for them.
The owners ended the relationship the day they took over, the trust were aware and obliged.

That much IS fact and has been acknowledged by both parties.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: