The Hotel End
December 05, 2021, 01:29:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 ... 1533   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1183881 times)
random

View Profile
« Reply #29680 on: October 13, 2021, 22:10:04 pm »

I agree and you are actually making my exact point for me.  If we want to apply that level of expectation to provide evidence/proof to the owners I think it's perfectly fair to have that expectation of the Trust.  That way everyone operates under the same rules.  Genuinely, imagine if the Trust operated under these rules it would absolutely show a clear distinction in expected and actual behaviour between the supporters and owners.  Thanks for supporting my view.

RE the other point about not getting sued being proof what you said is true.  I get the point you and others have made when saying this but it's not really the way the world works is it.  I mean think about this logically.  If I called you a w****r and you didn't sue me does that mean you are w****r?

Another example using that logic.  Nobody from the Trust has taken legal action against me for what I said yesterday...does that mean I'm right?  What if you state something that's true but without the full context or detail.  Like people did when they said the Trust gave up it's seat on the board.  It's a fact.  They technically did but you and I know that only tells a fraction of the whole story of why that happened.

Funny enough it was actually mentioned between us

Not exactly the same either is - one is “accusing” someone of receiving a payment of £6.68m from a vague Chinese source for basically nothing, as the shares were “re-acquired”

The other is you v The Trust stating we killed a fan-led initiative

As Carton says, do you know anything about our owner? Do you what he did / does?
Report Spam   Logged
random

View Profile
« Reply #29681 on: October 13, 2021, 22:17:16 pm »

Sorry MC, whilst you can keep shouting “look over here” but

We at the Trust have our eyes firmly fixed on what has and is happening to our football club

Still not had a reply from Tcobb so I will ask you the same question. Have a think about...... 

What league we will be in, how much will our squad be worth and how will the stadium look, IF KT/DB are still here in 3 years ?

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #29682 on: October 13, 2021, 23:44:09 pm »

Random. The answer to all three question is, i dont know, i dont know, i dont know, nobody does. Now you tell me, because if you know the answer, you are the best clairvoyant ever known.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #29683 on: October 14, 2021, 00:07:05 am »

Sorry MC, whilst you can keep shouting “look over here” but

We at the Trust have our eyes firmly fixed on what has and is happening to our football club

Still not had a reply from Tcobb so I will ask you the same question. Have a think about...... 

What league we will be in, how much will our squad be worth and how will the stadium look, IF KT/DB are still here in 3 years ?

The moment you answer my questions I'll answer yours.
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Massive Massey

View Profile
« Reply #29684 on: October 14, 2021, 07:58:11 am »

OK, so I started going in 1981 we were an average 4th Division side in a average 4th Division ground, In 2021 we're...

I'll hazard a stonking guess but ..... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359
« Reply #29685 on: October 14, 2021, 09:21:16 am »

Its almost as if some are wanting the owners to sue for libel so they can use it to show how bad they are. I hope that isnt the case.

For me the China thing.... I have no reason to doubt that they sold the club. I havent seen the proof but people a lot more involved on here seem to have and it would be a very strange thing to make up or even exaggerate. But that seems to be the extent of fact. We dont know how much KT/DB made, if anything. I know the same people will mention the sale value, the breakdown etc but we dont know what legal fees they had, what international trading fees they had, what the agreed buy back price was and what fees that would have included.
If you don't believe they incurred any and are £6m richer or whatever the value is, do you truly believe that a Chinese company who have made that amount of money and decided to buy an English football club, regardless of what intentions you believe they have, would willingly lose £6m and just put it down to a bad day at the office?

From what I have read, and I am no expert, the Trust nor anyone associated with it have said anything libelous. They have made insinuations but never crossed that line. I would expect that if they had the club for sure would at least issue some sort of cease and desist letter. But the whole they havent denied it so it must be true approach only applies to a fart in the playground.
Report Spam   Logged
WhiteDogDo

View Profile
« Reply #29686 on: October 14, 2021, 09:37:07 am »

Random. The answer to all three question is, i dont know, i dont know, i dont know, nobody does. Now you tell me, because if you know the answer, you are the best clairvoyant ever known.
😂👍
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29687 on: October 14, 2021, 09:57:15 am »

Its almost as if some are wanting the owners to sue for libel so they can use it to show how bad they are. I hope that isnt the case.

For me the China thing.... I have no reason to doubt that they sold the club. I havent seen the proof but people a lot more involved on here seem to have and it would be a very strange thing to make up or even exaggerate. But that seems to be the extent of fact. We dont know how much KT/DB made, if anything. I know the same people will mention the sale value, the breakdown etc but we dont know what legal fees they had, what international trading fees they had, what the agreed buy back price was and what fees that would have included.
If you don't believe they incurred any and are £6m richer or whatever the value is, do you truly believe that a Chinese company who have made that amount of money and decided to buy an English football club, regardless of what intentions you believe they have, would willingly lose £6m and just put it down to a bad day at the office?

From what I have read, and I am no expert, the Trust nor anyone associated with it have said anything libelous. They have made insinuations but never crossed that line. I would expect that if they had the club for sure would at least issue some sort of cease and desist letter. But the whole they havent denied it so it must be true approach only applies to a fart in the playground.
THE TRUST HAVE THE PROOF.
WHY DONT YOU ASK THEM.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #29688 on: October 14, 2021, 10:01:19 am »

WHY DONT YOU ASK THEM.

I've asked representatives of the Trust several times and been roundly ignored on each occasion.

Edit: I've only asked them on here, so I assume you'll tell me I need to write an email (or arrange a Zoom call?  Wink).
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #29689 on: October 14, 2021, 10:05:43 am »

I've asked representatives of the Trust several times and been roundly ignored on each occasion.

Edit: I've only asked them on here, so I assume you'll tell me I need to write an email (or arrange a Zoom call?  Wink).

In any case, you miss the point. Maybe the majority on here aren't excited enough to actively seek out the proof themselves, and the only way to get people on board is to proactively show them something that makes them sit up and listen.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359
« Reply #29690 on: October 14, 2021, 10:22:48 am »

https://www.newhotelend.com/what-next

Very disappointed by this. Maybe my thoughts on what a fan led initiative is are different to other peoples.
Essentially all that has happened is they have made up some drawings, made up some scenarios and said over to you NTFC / Trust.
What happened to the further investigations that were mentioned? It didnt say anything about asking the club to run with it or even the Trust.
I appreciate its peoples times etc but to blame the club and the Trust for it being shelved isn't fair on either. If they had completed all the investigations and passed on something more than a back of an envelope concept then maybe.

This came with a very professional feel, a lot of fan fare with articles in the Chron and also from the club I think but essentially was no substance and not even slightly fan led.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359
« Reply #29691 on: October 14, 2021, 10:32:10 am »

WHY DONT YOU ASK THEM.
DONE
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29692 on: October 14, 2021, 10:40:37 am »

WHY DONT YOU ASK THEM.

Why should the ordinary members have to request in order to 'pull' the information into the public domain, shouldn't The Trust be 'pushing' the information?
Or is it on a 'need to know/limited distribution', therefore the ordinary members shouldn't be provided with the information, even if it's individually requested?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29693 on: October 14, 2021, 10:56:45 am »

Why should the ordinary members have to request in order to 'pull' the information into the public domain, shouldn't The Trust be 'pushing' the information?
Or is it on a 'need to know/limited distribution', therefore the ordinary members shouldn't be provided with the information, even if it's individually requested?
I would have thought information like that isn’t for the public domain, not to mention most aren’t interested.
The trust have evidenced it so there you go, the smoking gun.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29694 on: October 14, 2021, 10:57:23 am »

DONE
WELL DONE WOODY, WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29695 on: October 14, 2021, 11:07:27 am »

In any case, you miss the point. Maybe the majority on here aren't excited enough to actively seek out the proof themselves, and the only way to get people on board is to proactively show them something that makes them sit up and listen.
That’s because I’m a bit thick 😉 I think at this point in time further trying to alienate the current owners from the fan base is counterproductive, we need a solution to this impasse unfortunately one side wants to eat all the cake so it needs arbitration.
Taking the arrogant egotistical personalities out of this would be a major step forwards to a conclusion.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #29696 on: October 14, 2021, 11:10:02 am »

I'm not sure what 'proof' the Trust are holding but it clearly isn't anything illegal...unless of course they are instructing a legal entity to take action, hence why they won't share it.
If it's nothing illegal then it means very little, as apart from a photo in the tunnel the Chinese had little to do with NTFC.
If someone managed to bag £6m for effectively nothing I'd respect them a bit more, rather than resent them.
I totally understand where some are going with this and that any money should be offset against the debts. If only life (and business) was so easy!
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29697 on: October 14, 2021, 11:45:53 am »

I'm not sure what 'proof' the Trust are holding but it clearly isn't anything illegal...unless of course they are instructing a legal entity to take action, hence why they won't share it.
If it's nothing illegal then it means very little, as apart from a photo in the tunnel the Chinese had little to do with NTFC.
If someone managed to bag £6m for effectively nothing I'd respect them a bit more, rather than resent them.
I totally understand where some are going with this and that any money should be offset against the debts. If only life (and business) was so easy!
Emmmm I’m not so sure I would respect someone more for that action, how would you feel if it was your £6m?

What’s a bit rich is then claiming you’ve pumped £xm + into an organisation when in real terms you have had income from a defaulted transaction.
Is that someone you would want to do business with?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359
« Reply #29698 on: October 14, 2021, 11:51:57 am »

ref new hotel end...
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
1. Initial funding roadmapping with Dave Boyle of the Community Shares Company

2. Pre-Feasability and Feasability Studies with Mott Macdonald.

3. Capital raise (Tifosy/Community Shares Company) or alternative funding options.

No mention of asking the club for money. Surely step 3 is when we would have been asked to contribute (although would have to support 1 and 2)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY FAN-LED?
While Northampton Town FC have given their blessing to the early exploration of the project they have asserted their belief that the New Hotel End project be driven by supporters.

The only funding so far has been from Northampton Town Supporters’ Trust and we thank them for their valued support in exploring a project which has the potential to benefit the club and supporters alike.
So the clubs position was known from the outset, and the same from the Trust.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #29699 on: October 14, 2021, 11:54:34 am »

Emmmm I’m not so sure I would respect someone more for that action, how would you feel if it was your £6m?

What’s a bit rich is then claiming you’ve pumped £xm + into an organisation when in real terms you have had income from a defaulted transaction.
Is that someone you would want to do business with?

Not saying I'd want to do business with them but I don't have much empathy with a Chinese company I know nothing about, if they were silly enough to part with it.
If it's true then it's an absolute masterstroke and I'll perhaps use them if I wanted to make some easy cash. Not sure I'd consult with them on how to run a success football club though. They all have their strengths. Wasn't Dozey into cemeteries? These wheeler dealer types always have an angle for their next buck.
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 ... 1533   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: