The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:00:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820631 times)
guest3429

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #29760 on: October 28, 2021, 13:07:56 pm »

Has anyone on here considered that the owners may be content to make their profit from the land sale and aren’t interested in spending money on schemes such as this.

Again there are a lot of ideas but has anyone actually approached the owners for their opinions , this may come as a shock to some but it is their opinion that counts and as of yet I’ve not seen anyone approach them for comment.

It’s as if the fan base are full of ideas but unwilling to run them past the owners.

It doesn’t matter one jot how much support is garnered for an idea if the owners aren’t onside

Can I respectfully ask that before any more is posted on this issue we can at least gauge David’s feelings towards it , that way we can ascertain if it’s a great idea or a waste of time

Nothing can be done without David’s agreement.
Who has asked him??

When the business plan is finished we will contact them.

Until then, you're privvy to a few snippets but any questions on the proposal are welcome.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29761 on: October 28, 2021, 13:12:13 pm »

When the business plan is finished we will contact them.

Until then, you're privvy to a few snippets but any questions on the proposal are welcome.
Will you be stocking Singha as well as the microbrewery beer?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29762 on: October 28, 2021, 13:34:50 pm »

Grin Hopefully! If I can strike a deal here.

Also depends on who has the supply contract but should be able to supply bottles.

I'm drinking our stuff though, really missing a decent pint.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29763 on: October 28, 2021, 14:03:04 pm »

Grin Hopefully! If I can strike a deal here.

Also depends on who has the supply contract but should be able to supply bottles.

I'm drinking our stuff though, really missing a decent pint.
I’ll sink one for you on Satdy, any preference?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29764 on: October 28, 2021, 14:35:03 pm »

Meanwhile our egg chasing neighbours down the road push on with improving their facilities.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/saints-bid-to-build-new-training-facility-3435667
I would have thought with our egg chasing neighbours being sooo successful, they would need less training facilities!   Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #29765 on: October 28, 2021, 15:45:13 pm »

I'd rather have Tiger.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29766 on: October 28, 2021, 15:55:40 pm »

I’ll sink one for you on Satdy, any preference?

You're too kind, thank you!

A Black Sheep or even better a Jennings Cumberland from our Cumbrian friends to rub in the 3 points! Poured respectfully into a Nonic glass if you can find one, and pause just a moment to let it settle wondering at the golden haze as it reveals a clear elixir of life. As you slowly kiss the glass for your first sip, take in that glorious aroma for a second...before diving it.  Tongue

We will of course be providing our own superb range of craft beers, naming them could be fun. However for a full all day venue as this, providing all the usual demand products required we also need a major brewery tie up which could be some fun negotiating with the plans we have. The tech services package and the supply an installation of the in house brewery would all be important factors. They pay for all of this.

We were toying with ideas tonight and one proposal is to sub the coffee section to Starbucks or the like. Its worked at one place here as the lost revenue from supplying in-house is more than supplemented by the fixed income and the draw of a large name. You feed from that and can concentrate on delivering a high quality product yourself. The in house restaurant gains more covers from the exposure gained from coffee visitors. Unless Evers is a barista?

Although preliminary and experimental, what we have so far stacks up (as a venue) so it should make interesting viewing when completed.

Enjoy that pint!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29767 on: October 28, 2021, 18:12:43 pm »

I'm with you all the way on atmosphere Beds, but it don't pay the bills, this plan is all about maximum yield.

KT, the club can decide what they wish with the lower north tier, this venture will not affect its normal use. Alterations to the rear will be necessary but wont affect the club or its revenue stream in any way during construction.

The upper tier will be 12' higher than the existing lower tier and the design absolutely needs seats in this area, there is an exciting twist to this which I cant reveal.

The atmosphere will come from the upper tier being 100% full for every game.
I'll take one of those seats on the row at the back if that's OK with you Steve 😀
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #29768 on: October 28, 2021, 19:09:56 pm »

I want to be a positive half full type of person, I really do. But.
The problem I have is not the idea and concept but the reality of the location of Sixfields. It’s in the arse end of nowhere. Only reason I go there is for football so not sure a venue however good is going to be a draw during the quieter times of the week. If our ground was centrally located liked in Abington Ave for instance then bang on.
Maybe I’m wrong and Sixfields Tavern and Walter Tull do reasonable trade during daytime weekdays.
Minimal change would be to swap it round for South Stand if incorporating a coffee shop like Starbucks. Away fans ca n have the North.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3429

« Reply #29769 on: October 29, 2021, 07:13:26 am »

Hi Zen, I'm surprised you have optimism left?

As I mentioned it will be very difficult for me to give an accurate impression until the visuals are available. All I can say if we pull it off you will be visiting a lot more often, certainly the residents of Upton, shoppers and cinema goers will be using the venue.

With regards to location, using the north we want to use the land to its optimum, the south end of the ground could be developed a great deal more if someone has the vision later as its not hemmed in. We are not looking to inhibit KT or anyone in their plans or ownership only provide them and more importantly the club with an extra revenue stream without having to effect budgets or future plans.

As a guide, stand on the north stand car park and look at the footprint. Our development will swallow up the north car park and extend to the full width of the pitch utilising this space to its absolute optimum.

The group I'm in discussion with are all at the top of the entertainment venue, licenced or hotel trade, finding a footprint of this size in a town/city centre location would be cost prohibitive and impossible in many ways, the brewery plans for one, noise, other businesses and residents. This has none of those restrictions. What could be created on this footprint, the commercial potential is quite staggering if you know what you are doing.

We own this site, it was developed for us and the community at large to use and for their benefit, its simply not being used as such.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29770 on: October 29, 2021, 07:34:03 am »

Sorry to lob another spanner in the works Steve but are you sure the club own the north car park??
They obviously didn’t own the south car park as it was sold and David decided not to buy it for the club.

Just trying to help.
Good luck.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29771 on: October 29, 2021, 08:01:50 am »

Sorry to lob another spanner in the works Steve but are you sure the club own the north car park??
They obviously didn’t own the south car park as it was sold and David decided not to buy it for the club.

Just trying to help.
Good luck.

Yes, thank you, we need as many spanners as possible so keep throwing them, when they stop flying we have won. Very early days.

Clarification on the boundaries would help if you or any Trust members have access to the lease, it should be available, boundaries etc. FOI.

If the north car park is not under the club or DB ownership that should be deemed a potential benefit.

Do you like bowls? (On the green variety, not the noisy American thing. Just to clarify!)
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29772 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:29 am »

I want to be a positive half full type of person, I really do. But.
The problem I have is not the idea and concept but the reality of the location of Sixfields. It’s in the arse end of nowhere. Only reason I go there is for football so not sure a venue however good is going to be a draw during the quieter times of the week. If our ground was centrally located liked in Abington Ave for instance then bang on.
Maybe I’m wrong and Sixfields Tavern and Walter Tull do reasonable trade during daytime weekdays.
Minimal change would be to swap it round for South Stand if incorporating a coffee shop like Starbucks. Away fans ca n have the North.

It's funny how we see the town differently. For me Abington Ave is more "in the arse end of nowhere" and a nightmare to access. Sixfields (for me) has always been a prime spot, next to the M1 and on a dual carriageway, not too far from the train station and regular public transport to get there. The Five Guys about to open there will be an absolute gold mine and despite the prices being twice as much, the cinema is always rammed compared to the town centre one. The town centre needs that much regeneration that I'm not sure it would be flogging a dead horse to spend too much money there, hence the old bus station footprint remaining desolate for years.
The Macdonald's at Sixfields is also by far and away the busiest one in Northampton. The area sees a lot of visitors, especially for the right outlets and entertainment. It'll probably never happen or work but the best thing would be to use the plot to level Sixfields and do a ground share with the Saints. Something a bit like those rogues have down the road. I was there to eat last week and that whole stadium area is just buzzing. Not sure I'd want to be rattling around a 30k all seater though.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29773 on: October 29, 2021, 08:44:25 am »

Yes, thank you, we need as many spanners as possible so keep throwing them, when they stop flying we have won. Very early days.

Clarification on the boundaries would help if you or any Trust members have access to the lease, it should be available, boundaries etc. FOI.

If the north car park is not under the club or DB ownership that should be deemed a potential benefit.

Do you like bowls? (On the green variety, not the noisy American thing. Just to clarify!)
Hi Steve.

I think the best way forward is to present your plans to Tom cliffe the fans rep and let him raise it with the board.
Tom could come back to you with the pros and cons such as land boundaries etc.

Oh and not a bowls player myself  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #29774 on: October 29, 2021, 09:02:40 am »

You're too kind, thank you!

A Black Sheep or even better a Jennings Cumberland from our Cumbrian friends to rub in the 3 points! Poured respectfully into a Nonic glass if you can find one, and pause just a moment to let it settle wondering at the golden haze as it reveals a clear elixir of life. As you slowly kiss the glass for your first sip, take in that glorious aroma for a second...before diving it.  Tongue

We will of course be providing our own superb range of craft beers, naming them could be fun. However for a full all day venue as this, providing all the usual demand products required we also need a major brewery tie up which could be some fun negotiating with the plans we have. The tech services package and the supply an installation of the in house brewery would all be important factors. They pay for all of this.

We were toying with ideas tonight and one proposal is to sub the coffee section to Starbucks or the like. Its worked at one place here as the lost revenue from supplying in-house is more than supplemented by the fixed income and the draw of a large name. You feed from that and can concentrate on delivering a high quality product yourself. The in house restaurant gains more covers from the exposure gained from coffee visitors. Unless Evers is a barista?

Although preliminary and experimental, what we have so far stacks up (as a venue) so it should make interesting viewing when completed.

Enjoy that pint!

Although they're are not a major brewery, what about trying to get Phipps on board Steve? I must admit I've never had a bad pint in the Albion Bar, also would we really need a major brewery if we were selling a good selection of Craft Beers? Just a suggestion mate, it would also be good to have a local brewery on board. I'll have a pint for you as well tomorrow, and a big thanks for the updates.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29775 on: October 29, 2021, 09:15:55 am »

I think a world renowned brewer whether it be beer or lager would be much more beneficial.
They could even sponsor the shirt…..

If only Northampton had a major worldwide brewing brand in the middle of town.

Oh hang on  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29776 on: October 29, 2021, 09:45:07 am »

Hi Steve.

I think the best way forward is to present your plans to Tom cliffe the fans rep and let him raise it with the board.
Tom could come back to you with the pros and cons such as land boundaries etc.

Oh and not a bowls player myself  Grin

Absolutely will but only when when the business plan and presentation are so solid it would be hard to reject from any party, council or club.

I want them scratching heads looking for a way to turn it down when there isn't one. Pressure from the community aspect combined with it being a new stand puts a wholly different aspect to this proposal as currently this plot will not be used for anything other than football when indeed it has been deemed a community space.

The NHE plan being released was the reason I wanted to make just a few here on the forum aware of a scheme we have been playing with for a while. You are my guinea pigs. The NHE is a welcome step however narrow in focus, our plans make the space a vibrant, welcoming all weather, any event 365 day family and community venue that generates significant profit.

The essential difference here is that we would never get such an opportunity in the town centre and this venue has the advantage of stepping into two seperate worlds as it has 2000 plus seats on the "roof", accessible most time of the year. You could meet for coffee in the morning, have a few frames of snooker, take lunch, arrange a private meeting room or co-working space, enjoy a pint and if you fancy take it either outside to the front balcony or even upstairs and enjoy it from inside the stand itself, an elevated vantage position to gaze over over the pitch, Sixfields area and town itself. Then find your seat for the live bands in the evening, all on a Friday in June.

Not bowls then? How about Archery? Snooker will be available. I have visions of you in a bow tie.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29777 on: October 29, 2021, 10:00:19 am »

Although they're are not a major brewery, what about trying to get Phipps on board Steve? I must admit I've never had a bad pint in the Albion Bar, also would we really need a major brewery if we were selling a good selection of Craft Beers? Just a suggestion mate, it would also be good to have a local brewery on board. I'll have a pint for you as well tomorrow, and a big thanks for the updates.

There's some fun to be had here, but no, we will absolutely reach out for help but will set up our own brewery and take them all on, maybe even steal some of their staff.

A jobs a job and we are there to develop and sell our own products. We will have the most locally prominent, front page venue to show case our own beers. We have a huge advantage and what makes this opportunity so special. How many new businesses/brewers have a ready made club of 1000s of supporters before they have even begun?

We will tie with a major supplier for all the other demand drinks, spirits, mixers, and so on, also tech services etc. The Cobblers beer will be available on draft and on the shelves of supermarkets.

Possibly the best clubhouse in the world...
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29778 on: October 29, 2021, 10:07:04 am »

Hi Steve
I’m sure I’m a sceptical old bugger but you seem confident that there is no way for the club to turn this down….
I’m not so sure that David and friends won’t find a way to do just that….

My scepticism stems from my self imposed exile of many seasons waiting for the east stand redevelopment to start…
Does anyone on here realistically think that it will be finished and I will be returning to sixfields next season..
Would anyone on here bet money on work actually STARTING on the east stand redevelopment next season??

I now have many years experience sitting on my sofa on Saturday afternoons waiting for the work to start.

I actually think that grandiose ideas for a north stand redevelopment are admirable but I’d temper them with a dose of reality and look at the state of the east stand.

That redevelopment hasn’t got off the ground after nearly a decade so please excuse my scepticism if I’m expected to believe that this idea will start this century  Roll Eyes

I think that’s a fair point.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29779 on: October 29, 2021, 10:28:30 am »

Agree with getting Phipps on board, builds that link with the town and entices people out to have a few beers. I know Oakham ales do something similar and they are usually popular places. Would also be one less thing you have to start from scratch.

Shoemaker, I agree with you, and im usually one of the more positive people on here  Grin. What hopefully this will do is pick up where the NHE started and push through with it. There are many on here who share the same opinion of you about the owners and their desire, or lack of, to develop the ground. The truth is until now we haven't really had anything to test them with. Yes the east stand debacle but there has always been a lot of reasons why for them to put forward (an less than adequate structure, land overlapping, who owns what, order of approvals etc) and without going over all that again, agree or disagree with the severity, they exist.

Hopefully this proposal wont have the same complications and although im sure will have some challenges (car park ownership for example) will be a much more straight forward decision and show exactly what the owners intentions are.  Hope that ramble makes sense!! Essentially I hope that finally we will have something tangible for fans to get behind, and hopefully owners (and council) to back.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: