The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:30:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 [1490] 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820700 times)
guest3429

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #29780 on: October 29, 2021, 10:58:35 am »

Agree with getting Phipps on board, builds that link with the town and entices people out to have a few beers. I know Oakham ales do something similar and they are usually popular places. Would also be one less thing you have to start from scratch.

Sorry woody I wasn't clear before, having a centerpiece and striking brewery in full public gaze, we would of course embrace the counties breweries of every size.

We would to hope to host many a beer festival and help promote small businesses and producers throughout the county.

Its events and attractions such as this the whole project is about as part of a thriving 365 day business. Community is the beating heart of this proposition.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29781 on: October 29, 2021, 10:59:52 am »

It all sounds good and you can count me in. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29782 on: October 29, 2021, 11:01:09 am »

Sorry woody I wasn't clear before, having a centerpiece and striking brewery in full public gaze, we would of course embrace the counties breweries of every size.

We would to hope to host many a beer festival and help promote small businesses and producers throughout the county.

Its events and attractions such as this the whole project is about as part of a thriving 365 day business. Community is the beating heart of this proposition.
You had me at beer festival!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29783 on: October 29, 2021, 11:48:43 am »

Agree with getting Phipps on board, builds that link with the town and entices people out to have a few beers. I know Oakham ales do something similar and they are usually popular places. Would also be one less thing you have to start from scratch.

Shoemaker, I agree with you, and im usually one of the more positive people on here  Grin. What hopefully this will do is pick up where the NHE started and push through with it. There are many on here who share the same opinion of you about the owners and their desire, or lack of, to develop the ground. The truth is until now we haven't really had anything to test them with. Yes the east stand debacle but there has always been a lot of reasons why for them to put forward (an less than adequate structure, land overlapping, who owns what, order of approvals etc) and without going over all that again, agree or disagree with the severity, they exist.

Hopefully this proposal wont have the same complications and although im sure will have some challenges (car park ownership for example) will be a much more straight forward decision and show exactly what the owners intentions are.  Hope that ramble makes sense!! Essentially I hope that finally we will have something tangible for fans to get behind, and hopefully owners (and council) to back.
1) I agree with the idea 100%

2) I don’t think it should be for the fans to finance adding value to an asset for the current owners to sell on for a larger profit unless David decided to invest his money into it as well.

3) I’m sceptical for the reasons stated above.

I’d absolutely love David to embrace this idea and bankroll it along with fans donations but let’s not delude ourselves, just look at the east stand…. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29784 on: October 29, 2021, 13:13:12 pm »

1) I agree with the idea 100%

2) I don’t think it should be for the fans to finance adding value to an asset for the current owners to sell on for a larger profit unless David decided to invest his money into it as well.

3) I’m sceptical for the reasons stated above.

I’d absolutely love David to embrace this idea and bankroll it along with fans donations but let’s not delude ourselves, just look at the east stand…. Roll Eyes

1. Good, together we can. This is in no way connected to the east stand and any other current planning consideration.

2. It’s a wider community project first and foremost, on community land, its not all about football. The problem with the east stand and the football club is that is a 23 day plus only operation with little or no benefit to anyone other than football fans. You're coming from the wrong angle.

There will be investor opportunities within the development, the brewery, the bar and the business itself. I’m confident the package will be attractive enough not just for us the supporters to invest in, but many others from the wider county and possibly beyond, even the Far East? Why shouldn’t we be allowed to buy a superb facility for the town? Wait for who?

To pledge £1500 over a 12 month period with £500 the first installment may sound a lot, but if it doesn't frighten me and I wont be alone when the plans are completed. For this not only do you have your name associated and displayed you enjoy huge benefits within the 2000 Club. Privileged access to events, concerts, discounts on food, products and services. If a headline act does perform, you get to meet them or front row. Neil Diamond is smaller than you think. The only concession from the club we would ask that 2000 Club members get first refusal on tickets for the Upper tier before going on general sale.

This is a unique opportunity, separate from the club but seamlessly connected, paid for by the people it is ring fenced, cannot be sold on or flattened without an adequate replacement found, it will add huge kudos and value to the club and make it attractive to further investment. I doubt David will mind too much as he gets greater revenue for club matters.

There is one other small matter, it pays for better players. The circle is completed. We build it, we employ the correct management and enjoy the benefits for a generation.

3. Scepticism can be serious if not treated, definitively get some cream.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29785 on: October 29, 2021, 14:36:58 pm »

Look upon this opportunity as the ultimate season ticket. Offered to Trust members, supporters, the wider Northamptonshire public first and then beyond.

The club may not be able to sell season tickets for the Upper Tier but they can offer them for general sale if the Club 2000 member does not respond or reserve 14 days before the match.

The club has an extra 2000 seats to sell, nothing changes to the normal operation of the club, season ticket sales, promotions and so on. They can sell them for whatever price they like, same as the upper west.

For £1500 you not only build the most wonderful and exciting clubhouse any football team has seen, usable every day of the week, as warm and inviting as a coffee shop with its zones, relaxing and inviting throughout the year. You buy a golden ticket to its success and benefit in every way.

Your family Sunday lunch will be cheaper, the kids will definitely get that ticket to the gig and be wifi digital nomad friendly, granddad gets to play bowls, and when Manchester United next come for a spanking, Dads guaranteed a ticket. Worth it from my point of view and I think a few of us exiled supporters might be interested.

The first £500 (£1,000,000) buys a seat at the table and an audible voice, the interest on the first installment used for our negotiations. I hope the Trust have a decent accountant, all funds at this stage with a caveat of return if no progress and successful agreement between all parties.

The business plan on the venue is workable, our small group of current professionals in F&B retail, festival and venue management has a combined experience of nearly 400 years, which made us all a bit upset. We have all made successes of locations without any of the huge benefits laid on here nor a 46,000 customer head start.  Attaching this to a football club is the stroke of genius and we can’t think of another club more suitable or in need of a little repair in the wider community after recent events. We cant find another club it fits better.

Have a lap of the north car park tomorrow and imagine a structure similar in design as the West stand yet higher covering the entire car park, stretching to the ends of the pitch so wider than the north stand. The façade higher and with much more glass but with doors allowing access to a large balcony, the brewery stands proud to the left covering both floors. My description is utterly useless, sorry, you will have to wait for the plans!

The only thing the football club has to lose is the roof off the north stand. I wont miss that.
Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #29786 on: October 29, 2021, 16:30:02 pm »

A man with a vision, fantastic idea.
Can we have pool tables rather than snooker please.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #29787 on: October 29, 2021, 16:58:47 pm »

A man with a vision, fantastic idea.
Can we have skittle tables rather than snooker please.

Made a slight amendment to make it more Teyn
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29788 on: October 29, 2021, 19:23:34 pm »

Yes, thank you, we need as many spanners as possible so keep throwing them, when they stop flying we have won. Very early days.

Clarification on the boundaries would help if you or any Trust members have access to the lease, it should be available, boundaries etc. FOI.

If the north car park is not under the club or DB ownership that should be deemed a potential benefit.

Do you like bowls? (On the green variety, not the noisy American thing. Just to clarify!)
Singularly the best line posted on here regarding any proposal. Everyone take note.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #29789 on: October 29, 2021, 19:55:39 pm »

This thread has now reached hallucinogenic levels not seen since Jefferson Airplane shared an omelette.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29790 on: October 29, 2021, 19:58:43 pm »

There’s a lot of talk but it’s up to David.
Let’s see what he thinks and if it’s a yes we can all get behind the idea.

Personally the more it’s ramped up the more people may be disappointed.
Take a leaf out of KTs book

Promise little , deliver big.

Any timescale on when the plans may be put before David for his evaluation of the project.

Are we talking a few months or a few years….
Who is drawing up the plans for David to look at and whose paying for them?

To be fair Steve if you are paying for this out of your own pocket you have my upmost respect as it’s a risk and you are putting your money where your mouth is so fair play to you.

Will you be posting the plans on here prior to showing them to David to gauge fan response.

Keep it up
Your hearts in the right place.
Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #29791 on: October 29, 2021, 23:30:14 pm »

This thread has now reached hallucinogenic levels not seen since Jefferson Airplane shared an omelette.

Its moved to a Jefferson Starship level now..

But..Dare to dream..

Im a believer in this potential project.

Great work and thoughts, by Mr Massive
Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #29792 on: October 29, 2021, 23:33:05 pm »

Made a slight amendment to make it more Teyn

You bugger..The last skittle table I saw was in the Crown Weston around 1982..Id have no chance now, unless there's 6X beer.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29793 on: October 30, 2021, 00:00:19 am »

You bugger..The last skittle table I saw was in the Crown Weston around 1982..Id have no chance now, unless there's 6X beer.
Gardeners Arms, or they did have the last time that I popped in. Good choice of beer by the way.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29794 on: October 30, 2021, 00:19:22 am »

Bar billiards anyone?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3429

« Reply #29795 on: October 30, 2021, 01:34:23 am »

I think I had better outline some of the activities on offer before I let you absorb the last few pages. I’ve got a day job too!

The lower concourse level, directly behind the existing north stand would contain a long but relatively narrow approx 50m x 5m multi-purpose sports hall, something for everyone in the local area.

Inside would house one full size bowling rink which when not in use covered with the purpose built floor to allow for a variety of activities, archery, the smaller version in darts, or with the goal in place a room for shooting practice. The take on Super Sam shoot out penalty competition is born! On match days the goal takes priority.

There would also be two full size snooker tables in their own area, you can’t be moving those around.  Skittles, hell yes, this is Northamptonshire. There will be a claret baize pool table for use on the Upper Tier main concourse.

On entrance to the lower concourse there would be a reception foyer to assist with the booking and rental of these rooms and of course the Northampton “Clubhouse” would be the only place in town to watch major TV sports events, Euros, World Cup, even those dull Premier League games on at odd times. Where shall we meet to watch it? Won’t be a question any more.

Enjoy the game, 3 points and a walk around the north car park.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #29796 on: October 30, 2021, 08:20:01 am »

I think I had better outline some of the activities on offer before I let you absorb the last few pages. I’ve got a day job too!

Skittles, hell yes, this is Northamptonshire. There will be a claret baize pool table for use on the Upper Tier main concourse.

How about an Aunt Sally for those of us from the South of the county?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29797 on: October 30, 2021, 08:37:16 am »

I can hardly wait to return when the east stand is full of executive boxes and the north stand is a huge home end with its in built brewery and great atmosphere  Shocked

Il hardly recognise the place  Wink

I hope it won’t take too long  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29798 on: November 01, 2021, 07:52:13 am »

There’s a lot of talk but it’s up to David.
Let’s see what he thinks and if it’s a yes we can all get behind the idea.

Personally the more it’s ramped up the more people may be disappointed.
Take a leaf out of KTs book

Promise little , deliver big.

Any timescale on when the plans may be put before David for his evaluation of the project.

Are we talking a few months or a few years….
Who is drawing up the plans for David to look at and whose paying for them?

To be fair Steve if you are paying for this out of your own pocket you have my upmost respect as it’s a risk and you are putting your money where your mouth is so fair play to you.

Will you be posting the plans on here prior to showing them to David to gauge fan response.

Keep it up
Your hearts in the right place.

Thank you, but we will not be speaking with David just yet.

There is nothing in law that prevents me making plans to build over, on or around your house. That’s for me and indeed my plans are my property. I do not need to discuss my plans with you. If I do knock at your door and offer you twice the market value, its then up to you to be stubborn or not!

We are coming at this project with the greatest respect for Kelvin and David, we are all painfully aware of the immense problems left in the wake of the Cardoza era and their support at a crucial time has been vital, I was present at the RCJ for the first petition reading. It is our intent to support the current owners in every way possible but our foremost mission is to the future of Northampton Town Football Club and the broader local community. We are not totally sure if the club is for sale so there is a question over our future again, this is a direct response to that uncertainty.

We all walk quite happily into any chain restaurant without consideration of where the profits go. The substantial profit from this venture will be spent on direct benefits for the residents of Upton the wider Northamptonshire community and invested with Jon Brady to expand the academy and bring in new exciting players. Back this plan and we keep Ivan Toney for longer and we will see Northampton sign a £1m player. It has been mentioned seats don’t buy a better team, well in this instance they will.

We have nothing to discuss with the club owners or council until we are ready. They will be very aware of our plans and will have no doubt read the full prospectus on social media, in the papers or even seen it on TV who knows the interest? They can even become Club 2000 member if they wish.

All Club 2000 subscribers will be totally aware we have not yet spoken to either club or council when asking for our initial £500 pledge, our clear aim is to raise £1 million first with the further £2m pledged before we enter the meeting.

Members can pay the first installment of £500 minimum or any amount they wish. Personally I will purchase 3 seats outright and the first name will be Brian Lomax, he will have the first seat in this stand. It’s often said on here what a catchment area we have and the potential, well let’s firmly put it to the test.

When “the meeting” is finally scheduled they will know every detail of our plans and how we intend to finance this community project. No, “nice plan but how do you intend to pay for it?” The emphasis (and cameras) will firmly be on elected council members to their response and to make it happen or not. In all honesty we’re only asking to put up a community sports pavilion on an unused car park what’s the harm in that?

This meeting will be screened live for all Club 2000 members and of course the wider public, they are the financiers so they have a right to be present, transparency all the way and we are now in a new world of online conference. If they don’t answer the door to us we send in Dom Littlewood. If for any reason the club owners/ council cannot find it within themselves to grant this public paid development all funds will be returned. At least their reasons will be public.

This may seem a little anarchic to some but nobody enters a meeting without having everything fully prepared and costed, our preparation is public and nothing we can do about that.

Why should the costs of a “Northampton Town” Football Club be met wholly by an individual and not be part of a true modern co-operative?

You have two options. Save up £500 in time for next summer and join the club or continue your self-imposed exile, which do you think will have the most impact?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29799 on: November 01, 2021, 08:59:31 am »

In answer to your question Steve
Out of the two options I will continue my self imposed exile until the east stand is built.

The reason for this is however good am idea I think redeveloping the north actually is , it is my opinion that

1) I don’t think the owners will be interested in it (although I’d love to be wrong) hence why I keep banging on about first seeing how the land lies with David before getting well down the ideas stage only to find out it’s over before it’s begun.

2) I think starting this scheme  is the right idea at the wrong time and dilutes from the main issue which is the failed east stand redevelopment.
I think fans should be pressurising to get this issue sorted before diluting that pressure by starting another campaign.

Imo the fans should be doing something to get the east stand redevelopment back on track.

I did by deciding years ago that all didn’t seem right to me due to the timescales and lack of progress.
Time has proved me right whatever spin is put on it and I don’t regret staying away one bit.

Whilst the money continues to come through the turnstiles there is no urgency for anything to progress , it’s just one year after year of the same old story.

In no way am I knocking the principle of your idea , I just think it’s better to target one issue before moving onto the next.

I think that is a fair point.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 [1490] 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: