The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:45:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819711 times)
WestHaddonCobbler, E-Cobbler and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #30600 on: December 07, 2021, 19:48:00 pm »

'it's all about the money'.
Exactly CJ. Doesn’t fit some agendas on here though.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #30601 on: December 07, 2021, 20:04:00 pm »

Exactly CJ. Doesn’t fit some agendas on here though.

That would be agendum.
It's always about the money. We don't have any, The Trust don't have any and it would appear that the mysterious local consortium don't have any.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #30602 on: December 07, 2021, 20:08:43 pm »

Yes but the financial structures are the same. All designed to avoid tax and transparency.
To not be transparent in all your transactions and affairs is tax evasion. So if that’s the case they had better change that structure. Just saying.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #30603 on: December 07, 2021, 20:28:18 pm »

That would be agendum.
It's always about the money. We don't have any, The Trust don't have any and it would appear that the mysterious local consortium don't have any.
It might be at NTFC.
I have a 97 year old aunt who lives in a care home. The home changed ownership recently. For the new ownership it's all about the money. It wasn’t for the previous ownership.
Football clubs can be like that.
It's called social responsibility.
Comprendez?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #30604 on: December 07, 2021, 20:52:24 pm »

It might be at NTFC.
I have a 97 year old aunt who lives in a care home. The home changed ownership recently. For the new ownership it's all about the money. It wasn’t for the previous ownership.
Football clubs can be like that.
It's called social responsibility.
Comprendez?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ya Ich weis,
What fúcking planet have you just landed from?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #30605 on: December 07, 2021, 20:57:47 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ya Ich weis,
What fúcking planet have you just landed from?
Erdschnake.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #30606 on: December 10, 2021, 19:09:34 pm »

Erdschnake.

Sexy.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #30607 on: December 11, 2021, 03:34:26 am »

Morning Derek, I know we keep going round in circles but the same point needs to be emphasised. You say you and others want more but how exactly are you going to get it. The current owners move on, fine. They either develop the stand, fine, or walk without doing so, fine. The club currently loses around 1 million per season and the division 2 average is £800k. What is the plan to increase the revenue to address that short fall and provide funding to take us to the next level?

Ive not heard of anything too Melly but fortunately I have the solution printed out next to me. Unfortunately I cant post it or reveal certain details as they are other peoples property so I will have to continue to read this thread through gritted teeth for a while longer.

Nobody on here can see the wood for the trees. The land, the east stand, the Chinese, its all a revolving door in which everyone is seemingly trapped as if in a Laurel and Hardy sketch.

"We want catering, we want bars and hospitality," I hear, well who in their right mind would spend on kitchens bars and restaurants then open for just 60 days a year? Utterly ludicrous.

"We need a rich individual" no we don't, as they will only get richer.

Everyone step out of football for a moment, the solution is to create a thriving business that is not reliant on football for its success but gets a whopping regular bonus from it.

Stop thinking of how few a percentage of the population attend the football and focus on the population that doesn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #30608 on: December 11, 2021, 03:44:31 am »

Ive not heard of anything too Melly but fortunately I have the solution printed out next to me. Unfortunately I cant post it or reveal certain details as they are other peoples property so I will have to continue to read this thread through gritted teeth for a while longer.

Nobody on here can see the wood for the trees. The land, the east stand, the Chinese, its all a revolving door in which everyone is seemingly trapped as if in a Laurel and Hardy sketch.

"We want catering, we want bars and hospitality," I hear, well who in their right mind would spend on kitchens bars and restaurants then open for just 60 days a year? Utterly ludicrous.

"We need a rich individual" no we don't, as they will only get richer.

Everyone step out of football for a moment, the solution is to create a thriving business that is not reliant on football for its success but gets a whopping regular bonus from it.

Stop thinking of how few a percentage of the population attend the football and focus on the population that doesn't.
The answer is out there somewhere Steven, that I do know. Hopefully you have it in your hands as we speak.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3429

« Reply #30609 on: December 11, 2021, 07:37:31 am »

The answer is out there somewhere Steven, that I do know. Hopefully you have it in your hands as we speak.

OK I have an idea. This thread needs some new scenery and as its the right time of year I propose we play T.H.E Redevelopment Pantomime. (No it wont, yes it will, KTs behind you!!!

The proposal is for a venue providing multiple year round benefits under one roof to the locality including employment, a true community asset and while I cant post the actual business plan now, without upsetting anyone I can break each component down into bite size chunks, explore each aspect and how they link together, hopefully we can soon join the dots. 

Information is easily to hand and why we have so many doctors amongst us! If I give a hint of each aspect of this multi business you can discuss the merits and perform the SWOT analysis, maybe by the time we can release the business plan it may have been written here!

For this exercise we will assume the Trust bought a lucky dip and now have just £3m in the bank, what are they going to do? I only say this as I don't want early bickering over cash, lets just focus on each aspect of this combined venture and see how they not only work individually but also link seamlessly together.

The rules are there are no rules however any unnecessary sniping, ungentlemanly conduct or referring to people by their first names will mean you have to spend Christmas Day dinner with Evers.

What do fellow Hotel Enders know about Micro-Breweries producing up to 15,000 barrels annually? How do they perform? What obstacles do they face in establishing themselves? What is the market share of craft beer? What do they need to succeed post covid?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #30610 on: December 11, 2021, 07:44:08 am »

OK I have an idea. This thread needs some new scenery and as its the right time of year I propose we play T.H.E Redevelopment Pantomime. (No it wont, yes it will, KTs behind you!!!

The proposal is for a venue providing multiple year round benefits under one roof to the locality including employment, a true community asset and while I cant post the actual business plan now, without upsetting anyone I can break each component down into bite size chunks, explore each aspect and how they link together, hopefully we can soon join the dots. 

Information is easily to hand and why we have so many doctors amongst us! If I give a hint of each aspect of this multi business you can discuss the merits and perform the SWOT analysis, maybe by the time we can release the business plan it may have been written here!

For this exercise we will assume the Trust bought a lucky dip and now have just £3m in the bank, what are they going to do? I only say this as I don't want early bickering over cash, lets just focus on each aspect of this combined venture and see how they not only work individually but also link seamlessly together.

The rules are there are no rules however any unnecessary sniping, ungentlemanly conduct or referring to people by their first names will mean you have to spend Christmas Day dinner with Evers.

What do fellow Hotel Enders know about Micro-Breweries producing up to 15,000 barrels annually? How do they perform? What obstacles do they face in establishing themselves? What is the market share of craft beer? What do they need to succeed post covid?

12,000 pints a day. Jeez.
I propose we burn down the Tull and Sixfields for a start.
It's happened before it can happen again.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30611 on: December 11, 2021, 12:25:29 pm »

I get it to 10,000 pints a day based on 365 days, a bit optimistic but I love MR Massey’s ideas.
We need to maximise the non match day revenue that’s clear, and I think this is a good barometer of our current owners interest in our club that we do fûck all outside of matchday.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #30612 on: December 11, 2021, 13:26:47 pm »

I get it to 10,000 pints a day based on 365 days, a bit optimistic but I love MR Massey’s ideas.
We need to maximise the non match day revenue that’s clear, and I think this is a good barometer of our current owners interest in our club that we do fûck all outside of matchday.
I agree, it's a fantastic idea. I've said so previously. I'm just not sure how feasible it is for the Trust to be successful with it?
It's difficult enough trying to run a community village shop, let alone something with the turnover that this would require to be successful.
10,000.. 12000 pints, it makes zero difference really.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30613 on: December 11, 2021, 14:57:44 pm »

I agree, it's a fantastic idea. I've said so previously. I'm just not sure how feasible it is for the Trust to be successful with it?
It's difficult enough trying to run a community village shop, let alone something with the turnover that this would require to be successful.
10,000.. 12000 pints, it makes zero difference really.
Depends if your drinking them.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3429

« Reply #30614 on: December 11, 2021, 23:37:23 pm »

Thanks, please do keep looking into the viability of our own brewery. The more of you interested and talking about it is exactly whats needed.

Obviously there is development period and we would not be producing at capacity from day one but the £1.5m annual deficit in the club will not be plugged by whist drives or washing cars. We need a pint of Sixfields Starling available in as many pubs as possible and on the supermarket shelves so our first target in 2 years would be 13-15,000 barrels annually.

Now focus on the location. This visible brewery will be sat on over 200m2 in the far north east corner behind the existing wall, toilet block area, not tucked away on a farm or industrial estate. Affiliated to the towns football club and highly visible in location and media provides a huge head start.

So you want to sell craft beer, lots of it. What do you suppose would be major benefits to a new start up brewery? What would be the best way to showcase your new beer?

That leads us to the next aspect of our business..

Think hard chaps!!

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #30615 on: December 12, 2021, 08:27:59 am »

Free beer on match days to Season Ticket holders!
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #30616 on: December 12, 2021, 12:27:36 pm »

Am I reading somebody's A-level buisness studies coursework?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #30617 on: December 12, 2021, 13:02:29 pm »

Am I reading somebody's A-level buisness studies coursework?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3429

« Reply #30618 on: December 12, 2021, 23:23:17 pm »

I sincerely apologise if my attempts to simplify aspects of the plans and stimulate some discussion have been misplaced!

The group who have enabled this business plan have all been intrinsically involved in opening hundreds of pubs, clubs, restaurants and hotels, you all will have visited a pub group or concept they have been involved in. I'm the only Cobblers fan amongst us sadly.

For me to continue to bastardise their work by posting poorly explained snippets is probably not the best course of action so I will wait until they can clear any information and data involved, complete the graphics and make it available in entirety.

Since KT threw the gauntlet and openly welcomed discussions furthering on from the NHE Project over a north stand area development, what options have been discussed by Trust members and those who actively wish to provide the club with future stability?

We should welcome any ideas tabled as ideas are where it all comes from and currently the options as I see it are,

a) do nothing.
b) moan about nothing happening.
c) moan about the east stand,
d) all the above ad infinitum.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #30619 on: December 13, 2021, 05:26:07 am »

I sincerely apologise if my attempts to simplify aspects of the plans and stimulate some discussion have been misplaced!

The group who have enabled this business plan have all been intrinsically involved in opening hundreds of pubs, clubs, restaurants and hotels, you all will have visited a pub group or concept they have been involved in. I'm the only Cobblers fan amongst us sadly.

For me to continue to bastardise their work by posting poorly explained snippets is probably not the best course of action so I will wait until they can clear any information and data involved, complete the graphics and make it available in entirety.

Since KT threw the gauntlet and openly welcomed discussions furthering on from the NHE Project over a north stand area development, what options have been discussed by Trust members and those who actively wish to provide the club with future stability?

We should welcome any ideas tabled as ideas are where it all comes from and currently the options as I see it are,

a) do nothing.
b) moan about nothing happening.
c) moan about the east stand,
d) all the above ad infinitum.

I can't  wait to see the plans and how we can help make it happen.
Genuinely....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: