The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:26:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819566 times)
west stand oap (+ 1 Hidden) and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3481

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30640 on: December 15, 2021, 09:32:45 am »

Not sure how you arrive at that conclusion as home attendances have in some Matches exceeded 4000. Would not surprise me if Sat game exceeds well over 4000?
4000 is for unseated venues, 10,000 is for seated venues.
Unless there is more detail I have missed.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #30641 on: December 15, 2021, 09:37:03 am »

Some positive news about Sixfields capacity.... we wont need a Covid Passport to attend  Wink Grin

(Will for Swindon on New Year's day though)

To be honest, the seemingly arbitrary figures for having or not having to produce the Covid Passport appears random?
Why shouldn't we all be asked to provide proof of not having the Virus when in 'congested areas', in order to protect everyone, irrespective of the numbers?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #30642 on: December 15, 2021, 10:00:14 am »

Yes, thank you Lord Thomas for keeping the capacity below 10,000!  Grin
Though in seriousness, hardly an issue showing your NHS QR codes as proof of vaccination - think the term 'Covid Passport' rather misleading.

See Carlisle United might be the first, have announced a ground capacity at Brunton Park of 9,999!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #30643 on: December 15, 2021, 11:46:01 am »

Is it not possible to generally be supportive of the chairman without loving him and be slightly critical of the Trust without hating them? There seems to be a tendency for extremes in this social media driven instantaneous world.

Generally I think we have a good chairman, he's not one to take us to the heights we all want but I'm not sure he has ever claimed to be. I feel he has at times hidden behind all the land issues, council delays etc when he could have progressed the club but equally many would have walked away from the mess they came into. I know he did to some extent when they officially put the club up for sale and sold in secret but they have also kept investing in the squad, topped up the staff's pay during covid, etc. I have contacted him personally on both the good and the bad and he has always replied and been gracious when I have met him in person. I haven't always agreed with him but can at least understand his position.

Generally I think we have a Trust who are passionate about the club and want the best for the future of the club and the fans but they have let passion boil over and become 'unprofessional' in some of their correspondence. I feel they have lost their way and have come up with lots of criticism without offering any solutions or being clear what it is they do want, "a stand finished to the highest standards" is very ambiguous. I must admit I haven't contacted the Trust directly and maybe that should be my next step as they may be doing thigs in private. Having said that I don't feel compelled to, and it is sad to see the replies the Trust get on Facebook, Twitter etc that are not positive. They seem to have made great strides both on here and with the tone of the communications but I think they need to do more to get back to truly representing the fan base. I've seen Trust members point to the membership numbers as proof they do... The Labour Party has more than twice the membership of the Conservative party but have had no power for 11 years

Happy Wednesday everyone

Brilliantly put.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #30644 on: December 15, 2021, 11:50:29 am »

4000 is for unseated venues, 10,000 is for seated venues.
Unless there is more detail I have missed.

Understood….now Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30645 on: December 15, 2021, 12:03:04 pm »

Is it not possible to generally be supportive of the chairman without loving him and be slightly critical of the Trust without hating them? There seems to be a tendency for extremes in this social media driven instantaneous world.

Unfortunately, that hardened perspective of others is lost amongst many on here. 
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #30646 on: December 15, 2021, 12:23:52 pm »

Empty vessels make more noise.
https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/how-to/how-to-deal-with-people-who-think-they-know-everything/
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #30647 on: December 15, 2021, 12:56:33 pm »

I agree that we need a balance view, also worth bearing in mind that NTFC have a full time team of several people pumping out various stories all the time, to expect the same from the Trust is not a balanced view.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #30648 on: December 15, 2021, 12:57:54 pm »

It should also be possible to be critical of the club in a constructive way and not be judged for that, and at the same time to be understanding of the Trusts concern over the long term future of the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #30649 on: December 15, 2021, 15:15:59 pm »

It should also be possible to be critical of the club in a constructive way and not be judged for that, and at the same time to be understanding of the Trusts concern over the long term future of the club.
Atkins has just joined the trust board of directors./
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #30650 on: December 15, 2021, 16:44:19 pm »

To be honest, the seemingly arbitrary figures for having or not having to produce the Covid Passport appears random?
Why shouldn't we all be asked to provide proof of not having the Virus when in 'congested areas', in order to protect everyone, irrespective of the numbers?

Don't think they are random at all. Personally I don't think the figures go far enough - down that is. For instance our capacity 7500+ saves us from passports. For me it is idle for people to suggest that open air stadiums are relatively safe which is a somewhat naïve assumption given the Omicron 2day/or less infection...around.  Perhaps much lower rates should be applied now, by 30% reduction on current capacity. I also think the Conservative protest last night was woefully out of tune with general public opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #30651 on: December 15, 2021, 16:48:07 pm »

Atkins has just joined the trust board of directors./

The new manager of Northampton (Trust) FC. Be prepared for some boring football  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30652 on: December 15, 2021, 16:52:19 pm »

It doesn’t fit with their agenda though, and having a different view makes you and I quote, “a twat, mentally ill or for some wishing you dead”.
A good dose of the truth does bring out the worst in some people, especially if that’s coupled with limited mental capacity.
Tel and his little group of cronies really are taken with a few words from the important man in the suit.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30653 on: December 15, 2021, 17:01:05 pm »

Don't think they are random at all. Personally I don't think the figures go far enough - down that is. For instance our capacity 7500+ saves us from passports. For me it is idle for people to suggest that open air stadiums are relatively safe which is a somewhat naïve assumption given the Omicron 2day/or less infection...around.  Perhaps much lower rates should be applied now, by 30% reduction on current capacity. I also think the Conservative protest last night was woefully out of tune with general public opinion.

I think that you are agreeing with what i have said... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #30654 on: December 15, 2021, 17:51:31 pm »

The ones who will look pathetic are the ones who still supported our chairman until the bitter end.
I have to say it beats the shît out of me the love in with Thomas and the hatred for the Trust, utterly bizarre.

I reckon I’ll carry on judging each aspect of his tenure on its individual merits or failings. I’m not one for pathological hatred  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #30655 on: December 15, 2021, 18:00:28 pm »

Of course it should. As far as I’m concerned both the club and the Trust Board are entitled to their perspectives. I’m not sure either of them worry too much about the support though.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30656 on: December 15, 2021, 19:00:28 pm »

I reckon I’ll carry on judging each aspect of his tenure on its individual merits or failings. I’m not one for pathological hatred  Grin

I must say I’ve noticed your impartial view when it comes to posting about the Trust 😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #30657 on: December 15, 2021, 19:18:41 pm »

I think that you are agreeing with what i have said... Wink

Not about the term ‘random’.
Report Spam   Logged

Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #30658 on: December 15, 2021, 19:43:21 pm »

The new manager of Northampton (Trust) FC. Be prepared for some boring football  Tongue

Best manager Ive seen..route one works...as long as the left back has a premier left foot ie Duncan Spedding or numerous other full backs..
So close but so far from the championship, his work should be respected.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #30659 on: December 15, 2021, 19:50:08 pm »

I read that, but it obviously doesn't apply to you.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: