The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:42:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820820 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #30660 on: December 15, 2021, 21:39:33 pm »

I must say I’ve noticed your impartial view when it comes to posting about the Trust 😂

Well… You’d be a bare face liar, if you notice my discontent on anything that what I see as there lack of engagement with their members. Other than that, they have, and will always have my support. You need to be careful who you listen to. You’re already starting to sound like the other Lemmings to the puppet master.

Where as I can’t think of one constructive thing you have managed to spout about KT. So I would rank my views considerably more balanced than yours, across a significant spectrum.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #30661 on: December 15, 2021, 21:43:50 pm »

Well… You’d be a bare face liar, if you notice my discontent on anything that what I see as there lack of engagement with their members. Other than that, they have, and will always have my support. You need to be careful who you listen to. You’re already starting to sound like the other Lemmings to the puppet master.

Where as I can’t think of one constructive thing you have managed to spout about KT. So I would rank my views considerably more balanced than yours, across a significant spectrum.
The only constructive comment I can make is for KT to leave. Tel I have an opinion and I have the bollox to stick by my convictions.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #30662 on: December 16, 2021, 04:04:55 am »

The only constructive comment I can make is for KT to leave. Tel I have an opinion and I have the bollox to stick by my convictions.
and your tangible alternative to KT's ownership is?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 11:06:05 am by Risdene » Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #30663 on: December 16, 2021, 11:27:06 am »

and your tangible alternative to KT's ownership is?
There is minimal alternatives whilst the club is saddled with £7M debt. Pretty much the same as when KT first looked to buy the club only to find a £10M debt, from which he, rightly, walked away.
    Am I the only one who thinks that we need a radical shake up to do something about the average £1M loss per year ?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #30664 on: December 16, 2021, 11:40:37 am »

I’ll never see it but it would be interesting to see how the debt was accumulated?
How much on fixed costs such as utilities? Stadium infrastructure etc.
How much on playing budget per season? I’d expect the JFH period may have blown a big hole in that years accounts
How much on severance payments?
Non match day staff
Temp match day staff
Flights from the USA?
Senior staffing costs.
Directors renumeration?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30665 on: December 16, 2021, 11:42:27 am »

I’ll never see it but it would be interesting to see how the debt was accumulated?
How much on playing budget per season? I’d expect the JFH period may have blown a big hole in that years accounts
Non match day staff
Temp match day staff
Flights from the USA?
Senior staffing costs.
Directors renumeration?
A very good question indeed mate, I think some of the director loans might shock a few.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #30666 on: December 16, 2021, 11:54:25 am »

Non match day staff
Temp match day staff
Flights from the USA?
Senior staffing costs.
Directors renumeration?

It is a fair question and also how do we compare to the other clubs in league two?
I’m sure GPC has it on a spreadsheet to hand  Grin
It’s probably a debt indicator as our assets don’t take long to work out  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #30667 on: December 16, 2021, 12:09:56 pm »

There is minimal alternatives whilst the club is saddled with £7M debt. Pretty much the same as when KT first looked to buy the club only to find a £10M debt, from which he, rightly, walked away.
    Am I the only one who thinks that we need a radical shake up to do something about the average £1M loss per year ?
As has been mentioned elsewhere the loss isn't that crazy in comparison to others. The whole 'industry' needs a radical shake up but I have no idea what can be done to get it back anywhere close to a normal industry. Luckily there are people much wiser than me (and Gary Neville) looking into it.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30668 on: December 16, 2021, 19:57:14 pm »

Then I’m sure you will endeavour to value that others…
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #30669 on: December 18, 2021, 04:00:10 am »

I read with interest KTs comments regarding the clubs stance over the fan led review in the Tracy Crouch report. KT has indicated that the club had already instigated fan involvement at a level greater than other clubs. Whilst that may be the case, I would argue that the supporters ability to influence and control the direction of the club is still no where near adequate. Additionally whilst greater financial controls and greater distribution of wealth has been welcomed, again I am concerned the measures may end up not going far enough. Clubs budgets should not be allowed to exceed income, it’s that simple. Whilst our club has no external debt we shouldn’t be under any illusion that there remains a risk. Our current committed budget far exceeds income. To that end I would ask Kelvin Thomas the same question I would ask any investor owner. In the event your outside business interests ran into serious financial trouble, what would happen to the club? To that end to varying degrees a club with a 125 year history may be at the mercy of the business or the associated industry fortunes of a short term investor, relatively speaking. Dress it up how you like, but that is the reality. The Tracey Crouch report presents a rare opportunity to address footballs financial shortcomings and we should make the most of it while we can.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 10:33:14 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30670 on: December 18, 2021, 08:35:04 am »

As I said AT THE TIME OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT the appointment of a supporters representative on the board was effectively to get ahead of the game. Now…. Regardless of all of the concerns raised around that appointment, it was a fully democratic process. It will also be in line, or above what the proposed guidelines are for supporter representation at board level. So that only leaves the establishment of transparent feedback on subjects raised by the support.

There has to be some consensus going forward on the best way to use Tom's position. We have already seen some rather puerile attempts to undermine his role already. Albeit from the same source. There is no way he can spend all of his time fielding multiple questions from a plethora of origins. Plus it needs to be said, that dressing up the same question in as many guises as possible needs to be stopped. I’m sure as things pan out we will start to see some clarity on how the club and the supporters democratically appointed representative ensure appropriate engagement and candour
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30671 on: December 18, 2021, 11:47:19 am »

As I said AT THE TIME OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT the appointment of a supporters representative on the board was effectively to get ahead of the game. Now…. Regardless of all of the concerns raised around that appointment, it was a fully democratic process. It will also be in line, or above what the proposed guidelines are for supporter representation at board level. So that only leaves the establishment of transparent feedback on subjects raised by the support.

There has to be some consensus going forward on the best way to use Tom's position. We have already seen some rather puerile attempts to undermine his role already. Albeit from the same source. There is no way he can spend all of his time fielding multiple questions from a plethora of origins. Plus it needs to be said, that dressing up the same question in as many guises as possible needs to be stopped. I’m sure as things pan out we will start to see some clarity on how the club and the supporters democratically appointed representative ensure appropriate engagement and candour
I’ve heard from various sources that you like to run and tell KT and JW all that’s going on, especially on this forum so you could proof the questions for the owners?  Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #30672 on: December 18, 2021, 12:25:28 pm »

It’s not different when big organisations scrambled to put (non unionised) consultative employee bodies in place before it became the law. Some will be effective, many will be ticking a box. The fan rep role will be the same and Tom seems the ideal bloke, so let’s hope it adds tangible value.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #30673 on: December 18, 2021, 13:04:04 pm »

It is a fair question and also how do we compare to the other clubs in league two?
I’m sure GPC has it on a spreadsheet to hand  Grin
It’s probably a debt indicator as our assets don’t take long to work out  Tongue

Never be able to find that sort of stuff out from the abbreviated accounts that are published.

A look at the last set of filed accounts though does show that "staffing costs" were in the region of £4m...... so when you think that our playing budget (Players wages etc) only takes up half that, perhaps not even that, it does suggest that a lot of money is paid out elsewhere.

Staffing costs of £4m on a company turnover of £5.3m is too high surely? There are a great many other costs involved and not a lot of money left to pay those costs by the look of it.

The accounts also show a figure of £1.1m in "administrative expenses"...... again, surely too high? How can you have admin expenses running at 20% of total turnover?

Kelvin stated yesterday that if we ran the club "in a sustainable way" then we would have the lowest or second lowest wage budget in the league? Is he being serious? We would be below the likes of Sutton, Barrow, Harrogate, Crawley or any other the other League 2 heavyweights?. That statement alone tells me there needs to be a complete overhaul of the club and its finances. We are haemorrhaging money somewhere! We get the same money in from the EFL and Sky as the others do, we don't pay anything to rent the ground, we don't own it and we spend precious little maintaining it, so I struggle to see where the drain on finances is. We don't have a particularly big squad, we only have a modest wage bill.....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30674 on: December 18, 2021, 13:38:15 pm »

Never be able to find that sort of stuff out from the abbreviated accounts that are published.

A look at the last set of filed accounts though does show that "staffing costs" were in the region of £4m...... so when you think that our playing budget (Players wages etc) only takes up half that, perhaps not even that, it does suggest that a lot of money is paid out elsewhere.

Staffing costs of £4m on a company turnover of £5.3m is too high surely? There are a great many other costs involved and not a lot of money left to pay those costs by the look of it.

The accounts also show a figure of £1.1m in "administrative expenses"...... again, surely too high? How can you have admin expenses running at 20% of total turnover?

Kelvin stated yesterday that if we ran the club "in a sustainable way" then we would have the lowest or second lowest wage budget in the league? Is he being serious? We would be below the likes of Sutton, Barrow, Harrogate, Crawley or any other the other League 2 heavyweights?. That statement alone tells me there needs to be a complete overhaul of the club and its finances. We are haemorrhaging money somewhere! We get the same money in from the EFL and Sky as the others do, we don't pay anything to rent the ground, we don't own it and we spend precious little maintaining it, so I struggle to see where the drain on finances is. We don't have a particularly big squad, we only have a modest wage bill.....
I think it’s pretty obvious where it’s going……
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #30675 on: December 18, 2021, 13:45:57 pm »

If you assume £2m goes on support staff, if there were 50 people that’s an average fully costed head of £40k.
No idea how many people are employed and know it was discussed in the past. Prem clubs can have up to 1,000 behind the scenes. Regardless it’s difficult to see how we are getting value for that sort of spend.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #30676 on: December 18, 2021, 13:57:58 pm »

Looking back at the last few sets of accounts the number of staff employed according to the 2017 set of accounts was 173, in the 2020 accounts this number is now 287.

I assume that most of the difference is the result of bringing the catering back "in house" but then those extra employees wouldn't be placing a major burden on wage bills.... a few hours every other week is not going to amount to much.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #30677 on: December 18, 2021, 14:00:34 pm »

Whilst I’m not automatically in agreement with Manny’s conclusion it’s certainly clear these figures don’t seem to add up compared with comparative or even lower net revenue clubs - unless of course there is a director’s salary in that £4m wage bill - nothing illegal or even wrong in that and as a private company NTFC under no obligation to publish more information on their accounts, but transparency and detail seem do seem somewhat opaque.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30678 on: December 18, 2021, 14:45:40 pm »

So Kelvin and David are loading the club with debt while seemingly taking money out, it’s a smart move because it will save them 38.1% dividend tax assuming they earn over £150k in the UK when they come to sell just leaving CGT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #30679 on: December 18, 2021, 14:47:15 pm »

It is all very puzzling isn't it?
Almost as much as this assertion that an average league two club has to lose 800k per annum and an equivalent league one club 2 million in order to tread water.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: