The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:32:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819578 times)
Poggy and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30700 on: December 20, 2021, 08:45:16 am »

I find it amazing that any group or individual can conclude anything, with the peripheral level of information they have at their disposal. In terms of the council v Cardoza debacle, we have some of the finest forensic accountants and fraud squad detectives, working away for years now.

I've had the unfortunate experience of learning about one of the most heinous (and sustained) crimes you could imagine. The perpetrator was cleared (i.e. not even charged) due to unobtainable evidence, you can probably guess and he was guilty in every sense apart from the in the eyes of the law. An extreme case that links to the very relevant point above. In the financial world there are so many nooks and crannies, loop holes and ways to deal with money, ask any self employed person!
If they haven't cracked the last case, then it's almost futile to try and approach how the current owners are running the books.
We just seem to spend a lot of money for little return. 

Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #30701 on: December 20, 2021, 14:00:05 pm »

Grass isnt always greener

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/16/daryl-morey-crypto-nfts-english-soccer/

No puke emoji for me to put at the end of that sadly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59701285
One a bit closer to home. A new noisy neighbour?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #30702 on: December 20, 2021, 14:19:15 pm »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59701285
One a bit closer to home. A new noisy neighbour?

I don't think there is too much to worry about at the moment.

"Any pressure they may now be feeling will not have eased following Saturday's 6-1 defeat by Northampton Sileby Rangers, which left Bedford seventh in the table."  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #30703 on: December 21, 2021, 15:22:02 pm »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59742923  Shocked Shocked
"Oldham Athletic ban three fans for three years for 'promoting dislike' of club"

Thankfully this board is only full of praise and love for the club so wont see something similar  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #30704 on: December 21, 2021, 21:41:54 pm »

I don't think there is too much to worry about at the moment.

"Any pressure they may now be feeling will not have eased following Saturday's 6-1 defeat by Northampton Sileby Rangers, which left Bedford seventh in the table."  Grin

Thats ambitions ..will Bedfords cobblers be leaving us for the promised land?
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #30705 on: December 22, 2021, 17:51:29 pm »

"Oldham Athletic ban three fans for three years for 'promoting dislike' of club"

Thankfully this board is only full of praise and love for the club so wont see something similar  Grin

Unless the comments from the three were libellous (in which pursue them legally) totally out of order by Oldham - lots of stuff said for and against NTFC in the last few years, some I agree others I don’t but providing comments maintain a degree of respect and posters understand they are more about opinion than fact long may we preserve free speech.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #30706 on: December 23, 2021, 08:59:44 am »

Unless the comments from the three were libellous (in which pursue them legally) totally out of order by Oldham - lots of stuff said for and against NTFC in the last few years, some I agree others I don’t but providing comments maintain a degree of respect and posters understand they are more about opinion than fact long may we preserve free speech.
Spot on Peter, when I see this sort of thing going on the owners are not long before they leave and rightfully so.
Oystons @ Blackpool
Cardoza @ Northampton…….
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #30707 on: December 23, 2021, 09:27:54 am »

Reading stuff like this makes you appreciate your own club a bit more. What a mess they are in. Even the photo in the story is a depressing view of the place. KC is well rid.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #30708 on: January 04, 2022, 10:56:14 am »

Can't have this thread so far down the list.....
just thought I'd post a Happy New Year to all who've contributed to this wonderful debate over the past decade  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #30709 on: January 12, 2022, 13:51:57 pm »

Any update on an actual date for the standalone East Stand redevelopment Q&A council meeting, which was initially hoped would happen pre Christmas, then moved to early 2022 I believe?

GPC can update us perhaps...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 13:55:25 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #30710 on: January 12, 2022, 14:03:25 pm »

This saga has been going on for so long now I have just lost interest in it and have more or less given up reading this thread. Every time we think a resolution is near it gets kicked back by someone or other, and frankly I don't ever expect it to be rebuilt, certainly not in my lifetime anyway.

I wish it had never been started in the first place, it was ok as it was at the start, certainly better than now anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #30711 on: January 12, 2022, 14:24:43 pm »

Just when I thought I was out you pull me back in.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #30712 on: January 12, 2022, 14:43:15 pm »

Meanwhile, Oxford United fans are getting excited about plans submitted to Cherwell District and Oxfordshire County councils for an 18,000 stadium with leisure facilities, to be built on the outskirts of Kidlington.
Their owners don't seem to be short of finances, just the local NIMBY brigade stand in the way...and believe me, Oxfordshire has plenty of those!

Would be a fifteen minute walk from Oxford Parkway station, or bus rides from pubs in Kidlington or Oxford city centre.

Would be nice for our minimally ambitious plans to be completed before then!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #30713 on: January 12, 2022, 15:50:33 pm »

Meanwhile, Oxford United fans are getting excited about plans submitted to Cherwell District and Oxfordshire County councils for an 18,000 stadium with leisure facilities, to be built on the outskirts of Kidlington.
Their owners don't seem to be short of finances, just the local NIMBY brigade stand in the way...and believe me, Oxfordshire has plenty of those!

Would be a fifteen minute walk from Oxford Parkway station, or bus rides from pubs in Kidlington or Oxford city centre.

Would be nice for our minimally ambitious plans to be completed before then!

Yeah but remember Rob.... "Getting excited about" and "enjoying their new facilities" are two very different things as we well know.
Oxford may well have better owners than we do who knows.
However, I think as long as we have people that object to our owners getting any return on their investment we will never see the stand completed.
It's horrendous and tiresome now.
My hope is that the council agree the deal shortly, we get the builders back in to remedy the decay of delay and allow us all to enjoy a completed building again.
I'm sure I'll get shot down for being a Thomas lover, a plastic fan, a criminal lover or whatever else the usual polite suspects wish  to call me... But that's what I want.
Fingers crossed for June  cladding deliveries.
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #30714 on: January 12, 2022, 15:59:18 pm »

Is thomas the one with the sticky-out nose? Everytime i see him his nose gets bigga. I rekon hes a puppet.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30715 on: January 12, 2022, 18:56:05 pm »

Any update on an actual date for the standalone East Stand redevelopment Q&A council meeting, which was initially hoped would happen pre Christmas, then moved to early 2022 I believe?

GPC can update us perhaps...

There is no update really.....certainly no date set for any other meeting. The whole East Stand development was moved off all the council agenda in December. The Council are still waiting for a "Red Book" valuation for the land, this was not done when Lambert Smith Hampton made their valuation and issued their report. Without this firmer valuation nothing can progress.

There is no requirement for the council to give seven days notice for any standalone meeting in respect of the proposed deal therefore in theory it could appear at any time as a special meeting. The next full Council Cabinet meeting where a potential deal could be agreed is not until 15th February, so there will be nothing finalised until at least then.

There is a Trust Board meeting tomorrow night, and we usually have Councillor Bignall present at our meetings, if there is any further news or firmer dates I will post out accordingly.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #30716 on: January 12, 2022, 19:50:44 pm »

Will be a long time before anything is sorted, to many people are using this as a political football. Its all amount point scoring over rivals to worry about the Football Club.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #30717 on: January 12, 2022, 20:10:04 pm »

There is no update really.....certainly no date set for any other meeting. The whole East Stand development was moved off all the council agenda in December. The Council are still waiting for a "Red Book" valuation for the land, this was not done when Lambert Smith Hampton made their valuation and issued their report. Without this firmer valuation nothing can progress.

There is no requirement for the council to give seven days notice for any standalone meeting in respect of the proposed deal therefore in theory it could appear at any time as a special meeting. The next full Council Cabinet meeting where a potential deal could be agreed is not until 15th February, so there will be nothing finalised until at least then.

There is a Trust Board meeting tomorrow night, and we usually have Councillor Bignall present at our meetings, if there is any further news or firmer dates I will post out accordingly.

Much appreciated GPC!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #30718 on: January 13, 2022, 06:55:26 am »

Will be a long time before anything is sorted, to many people are using this as a political football. Its all amount point scoring over rivals to worry about the Football Club.
Nailed it....
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30719 on: January 13, 2022, 22:02:40 pm »

Much appreciated GPC!

As far as a further update goes......Councillor Bignell indicated that the Council are expecting the revised valuation back by next Tuesday/Wednesday. Once they have that they can call the special meeting to discuss the matter and the whole land deal with a view to it going to Cabinet at the previously mentioned February meeting assuming the revised valuation (if any different) is still acceptable to DB/KT.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: