The Hotel End
May 20, 2022, 02:34:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 ... 1697   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1287028 times)
SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #30820 on: January 15, 2022, 18:50:29 pm »

Angry

Slightly puzzled by this el scientifico:
 - of, relating to, or being the phase of a liquid crystal characterized by arrangement of the long axes of the molecules in parallel lines but not layers — compare cholesteric, smectic.
Mixing sherry and beef steak Red Wine leads to Hallucinations Cool

Let me help you out old boy. As well as being a marvellous science-fiction villain, Twisted Nematic is also the nemesis of IPS. This sort of stuff would give someone of your age a headache, I understand that, but for goodness sake try an old tie or something to keep your kecks from sliding.
Report Spam   Logged
London cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30821 on: January 17, 2022, 09:49:24 am »

I mean....the second paragraph on the second page of the 90 page report from Lambert Smith Hampton says it all really...... "Please note that advice does not accord with the minimum reporting requirements of the Royal
Institution of Chartered Surveyors Valuation Standards – Red Book Global and consequently this does not constitute a formal Red Book valuation in accordance with these Standards."

It was a bit of a giveaway don't you think??

I wonder if this was discussed up front?
My read on this is... "thanks for the money, here's your report but its meaningless. Have a nice day."
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #30822 on: January 17, 2022, 10:06:40 am »

Let me help you out old boy. As well as being a marvellous science-fiction villain, Twisted Nematic is also the nemesis of IPS. This sort of stuff would give someone of your age a headache, I understand that, but for goodness sake try an old tie or something to keep your kecks from sliding.

That's going to send poor old Evers back to Google to try and make a witty comment implying he knew what you were talking about in the first place  Smiley.................

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 12:36:26 pm by Peter Frost » Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30823 on: January 19, 2022, 09:06:14 am »

We understand that an updated red book valuation of the land associated with the proposed East Stand and land deal for Sixfields, agreed in principle with Northampton Town FC, should be presented to West Northamptonshire Council’s cabinet at a meeting next week.

Heard anything regarding the red book valuation yet GPC?
Report Spam   Logged
London cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30824 on: January 19, 2022, 09:45:46 am »

Assuming the belief was it would be at the normal council cabinet meeting it doesnt appear to have been raised. It wasnt on the agenda nor raised as an urgent action. Also cant see any other meetings that it might be discussed in

Full meeting is here if you are so inclined (i only watched the start for urgent items and end for AOB)

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30825 on: January 20, 2022, 07:09:20 am »

https://www.newhotelend.com/what-next

Is that it for now?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #30826 on: January 20, 2022, 07:37:37 am »

Looks that way but this was a separate scheme and vision from that suggested by SteveMasseyMassive.
Let’s hope that still has some life to it?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
London cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30827 on: January 20, 2022, 08:15:14 am »

Hope so. Pretty pictures nothing else despite the fan fare it was delivered under.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #30828 on: January 20, 2022, 08:16:16 am »

Dead in the water and was always likely to be unfortunately.
As I pointed out on here before it would only take off if the board were interested and I stated my opinion that they should have been asked before people started coming up with grandiose ideas however admirable and actually investing a lot of their time and other peoples without first  consulting the only people who count.

In an arse about face way the board have now finally been consulted and have stated that they are not interested (again it was my own opinion that they wouldn’t be)

I can’t help feeling that a lot of time and effort on peoples part has been wasted but at least the fanbase now know that all the pipe dreams about two tier north and south stands are exactly that …..
Nothing will change unless there is an ownership change later down the line and the new incumbent sees the merit in new plans.

In fairness you can’t knock the owners , someone finally got round to asking if they wanted to embrace any new plans and they’ve given an unequivocal answer. and as the owners that is their prerogative

I just wish someone had asked six months ago.
Report Spam   Logged
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #30829 on: January 20, 2022, 08:33:23 am »

Looks that way but this was a separate scheme and vision from that suggested by SteveMasseyMassive.
Let’s hope that still has some life to it?
I think an update from SMM is expected next month.
Report Spam   Logged

The Mary Markham East Stand.
Together we can make it happen.😍
London cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30830 on: January 20, 2022, 08:48:41 am »

I'm massively on the outside of this (as I guess we all are) but I think that your summary is a little bit harsh on the owners Shoemaker. I do think you make a great point about having to consult with the owners so would advise SMM to do the same, when the time is right.

My personal take on this (and I'll be honest I am biased as people have done similar to me) is someone came up with a great idea, indicated they would complete the due diligence, costing etc. They then realised how difficult, expensive and time consuming it is and instead of asking for support they publicly criticsed the Club and Trust for not doing the work THEY said they would.

SMM and his team sound like they are prepared to do the hard work and take calculated risks (I dont blame NHE for not taking risks, they were not theirs to take) where the NHE just wanted to draw pretty pictures and make a pretty website.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #30831 on: January 20, 2022, 08:49:50 am »

I think an update from SMM is expected next month.
I think KTs comments make this irrelevant inevitably.

Time for people to stop pushing water uphill and accept the situation now that the owners have spoken.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #30832 on: January 20, 2022, 09:50:54 am »

As you allude to a majority of this project will need to be public/crowd funded

Whatever SMM and his associates produce, unfortunately this will be the stumbling block. We haven't got the local energy and interest. The only way anything significant will happen is if either the owners take an interest (which they clearly won't) or SMM and co come armed with interested investors. If it is a set of plans and an 'over to you' it quite obviously will be dead in the water. If it is something that is that much of a no brainer then the people behind it will want to invest to turn a profit.
Pity about the new hotel end project.

Can we just get the East finished?!
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #30833 on: January 20, 2022, 11:22:59 am »

Whatever SMM and his associates produce, unfortunately this will be the stumbling block. We haven't got the local  l ;Denergy and interest. The only way anything significant will happen is if either the owners take an interest (which they clearly won't) or SMM and co come armed with interested investors. If it is a set of plans and an 'over to you' it quite obviously will be dead in the water. If it is something that is that much of a no brainer then the people behind it will want to invest to turn a profit.
Pity about the new hotel end project.

Can we just get the East finished?!
Once again

If the current owners don’t want to let anyone build any of these schemes then it won’t matter who is funding it.
You can’t just turn up and build on land you don’t own.

The owners have made it clear that these schemes aren’t going to happen and it’s not something they are interested in.

The end.
Report Spam   Logged
London cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30834 on: January 20, 2022, 11:37:32 am »

The scheme is fan-led but the club have given their blessing for its initial exploration.
Cobblers chief executive James Whiting said: "Kelvin (Thomas) and I had a good meeting with Tom on Zoom and he talked us through the concept which, of course, conceptually looks very interesting.
“We did stress this has to be a fan-led initiative as we do not know the national or even local music scene and wouldn’t have the skill set or knowledge base to know if a music venue like this was even viable.

“Tom explained the Trust was providing funding for the project so we expect they have already done some research if they have committed funds and we agreed with Tom that we would be interested in further discussion as they develop the viability and the costings further.

“We discussed, if the viability looks good and they are successful on the financing raise, then probably the best approach would be like the GT’s at Plymouth Argyle where the supporters group lease or rent the space to run the facility.

“Kelvin has also since spoken to the chairman at Plymouth to find out more how that operates, and we expect a follow up call or Zoom with Tom and the group as they develop more details on the project.”
“Kelvin has also since spoken to the chairman at Plymouth to find out more how that operates, and we expect a follow up call or Zoom with Tom and the group as they develop more details on the project.”
Why would KT do that if it was a fully closed door?

Basic summary for me "I've got a great idea, here's a load of pretty pictures, now you go and spend your money to see if it can be done".
I'm hoping and expecting the SMM and his friends / partners are not only working on a scheme but also putting together a business case. If the club then block or prevent that then I'll agree with you.
The NHE is little more than a few people with some fancy software and an imagination getting way more air time than they deserve.
Report Spam   Logged
London cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30835 on: January 20, 2022, 11:44:24 am »

Moving on.... is there any update when the new valuations will be in front of the full council cabinet?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #30836 on: January 20, 2022, 11:50:01 am »

Basic summary for me "I've got a great idea, here's a load of pretty pictures, now you go and spend your money to see if it can be done".
I'm hoping and expecting the SMM and his friends / partners are not only working on a scheme but also putting together a business case. If the club then block or prevent that then I'll agree with you.
The NHE is little more than a few people with some fancy software and an imagination getting way more air time than they deserve.

Spot on (although I'm still not 100%  sure SMM isn't on a very impressive and lengthy wind up  Cheesy)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #30837 on: January 20, 2022, 11:51:11 am »

I am right in saying that the board have said they won’t be investing their money in these schemes….
So are we saying the fans rather than the owners will be paying for something they will never own…..
They’ll be having to buy the players next….

Rather than go to all the trouble why not save a lot of time and just start a great big crowdfunding drive to give David and Kelvin a load of cash because this is in essence what these schemes will be doing.

The fans pay money to redevelop the ground because the owners aren’t interested
The stands get built and the value of the stadium increases as a consequence
When the club is sold the owners get a bigger fee because the ground is much better.
The owners are under no obligation to give any money back to those who paid for the stands to be redeveloped.

Sounds like a splendid idea…..
While we’re at it shall we buy them a new car each  Roll Eyes Grin
Report Spam   Logged
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #30838 on: January 20, 2022, 12:27:40 pm »

I am right in saying that the board have said they won’t be investing their money in these schemes….
So are we saying the fans rather than the owners will be paying for something they will never own…..
They’ll be having to buy the players next….

Rather than go to all the trouble why not save a lot of time and just start a great big crowdfunding drive to give David and Kelvin a load of cash because this is in essence what these schemes will be doing.

The fans pay money to redevelop the ground because the owners aren’t interested
The stands get built and the value of the stadium increases as a consequence
When the club is sold the owners get a bigger fee because the ground is much better.
The owners are under no obligation to give any money back to those who paid for the stands to be redeveloped.

Sounds like a splendid idea…..
While we’re at it shall we buy them a new car each  Roll Eyes Grin

You’ve contradicted yourself a bit Shoey. On one hand you’re saying you can’t just build on someone’s land but then kind of alluded you could if they take the profit from it.
That was the point, it’ll only happen if they don’t pay for it. It’s win/win for them.
They just need to bloody build the other stand.
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
guest2608
« Reply #30839 on: January 20, 2022, 12:48:48 pm »

Hope so. Pretty pictures nothing else despite the fan fare it was delivered under.
Ditto, if  the person who I believe to be behind it is who I think it is, after he threatened to sue me for using his copyrighted word "teyn".... Then I'm really upset.... Not.
👎
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 ... 1697   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: