The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:06:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 [1685] 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819905 times)
Coolcat and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.
MCHammer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #33680 on: April 25, 2022, 10:58:15 am »

Have to say I really like that drawing.  Great to see something that's exactly what's needed but unique enough to be exciting.

I just hope the practicalities of delivery, finance and ownership can live up to the idea on paper.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33681 on: April 25, 2022, 11:29:37 am »

Have to say I really like that drawing.  Great to see something that's exactly what's needed but unique enough to be exciting.

I just hope the practicalities of delivery, finance and ownership can live up to the idea on paper.
Are the owners behind the plan?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #33682 on: April 25, 2022, 13:27:51 pm »

Are the owners behind the plan?

We are.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #33683 on: April 25, 2022, 13:32:33 pm »

We are.

The owners of the club I think he meant…..so are they?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3429

« Reply #33684 on: April 25, 2022, 14:34:14 pm »

Lets keep it short.

Only today the government announced further measures to hopefully keep football within the hands of people who care about their clubs and the important position those clubs hold within their communities, lets not kid ourselves that unless we look at alternatives to support our club we could quite easily be in serious trouble again. Without the support of KT who has certainly steadied the ship and given us promise again, where would we be? He though cannot be expected to finance the future of the club alone and he has clearly intimated this. The old model doesn't work anymore.

Without a business aligned to the club that generates significant year round revenue to cover those costs we are always going to be reliant to an individual or consortium to absorb those losses, which must be paid back from somewhere.

We have an opportunity here which cannot be dismissed, an open invitation to build something, offered by the leaseholders of this community land and supported by the current local government. I would say its time to divert all the attention from the land issues and what might become of the east stand and to create something which the whole town is proud of supports and uses which generates the money not only to support JB and his superb team going forward but sport throughout the county.

There are elections coming and some obvious unrest within some ranks, the issues with the ACV and so on that still need some consideration but a promotion, and a summer of hope and expectation will be the time to launch a new approach. The endless column inches of we should be doing this and that, sorry, KT should be doing this and that, has to stop and hopefully with the full plans released we can pull that collective energy into a fabulous community asset that goes some way to securing the clubs future. Its really time to stop pissing about.

This project is estimated to cost £4.5m but with the main construction costs of £3m covered by those who subscribe to the many benefits and become "Club 2000 Members" the remainder of the cost will be sought from various grants, sport England for the sports facilities within and through commercial tie-ins with our brewery suppliers and local sponsorship, as a community project there will be serious leverage and companies will want to be involved

The full business plan as soon as available will outline the facilities in greater detail but to include.

Lower Concourse - Main Entrance - Multi purpose sports hall - Snooker Hall and county bar sports room - Market street - Designated storage for furniture when not in use - kitchens - Brewery (over 2 levels) Toilets, showers, changing facilities.

Upper Concourse - Brewery viewing - 16m Bar tap room service area - Coffee shop - All Day restaurant (Dedicated to serving produce from the county) Coworking spaces, lounges, private suites (available per hour) stage area, access to upper tier seats (accessible at all times other than match day).

Of course this is just the tip of a huge iceberg we are currently pushing along but if we all get behind it and put aside the land and squabbling we will pull it off!

UTC.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #33685 on: April 25, 2022, 14:46:22 pm »

The owners of the club I think he meant…..so are they?

“It was decided that any capacity increases would be more prudent at the North or South ends of the stadium and with this in mind we look forward to furthering discussion with The New Hotel End project being introduced by the fans”

Northampton Town Football Club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #33686 on: April 25, 2022, 15:17:30 pm »

I've been cynical on this. However, it is clear that a lot of work has gone into it and once the plans are released I dare say as much, if not far more than what anyone else has done, including the club. I know the work stems far more behind a sketch.
The fan base need something to get behind. It is increasingly frustrating that the club (as in the owners) will at best refit the East Stand out. The Trust will no doubt come up with something but with all respect to those involved, they are really going to struggle to galvanise support following the well documented shenanigans.
The new HE looked decent but met some immediate roadblocks (and again with respect) probably lacked the time, energy and resources to get it off the ground.

With the best plans in the world, anything will need supporting financially (fan funding/grants) plus a sustained and well co-ordinated campaign to get it off the ground. I think the current owners are a potential spanner in the works but they won't be around forever...even if they I am sure they wouldn't stand in the way, especially if there are financial advantages for the club.
Maybe it is a totally different landscape and demographic but Hearts grew something pretty rare.

It can be done but needs the right focus, energy and leadership to make it happen.
Maybe the biggest challenge is to find some kind of alignment. We have the owners, the council, the Trust...talks of foundations and all sorts. It all feels a bit disparate and talk is cheap.
As sad as it sounds, it may take us being totally in the brown stuff to hit the reset button and start bottom up.

Fair play to an exile and sidekicks looking at something a bit different. Thinking about the red tape to get through is giving me a headache!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33687 on: April 25, 2022, 15:57:39 pm »

“It was decided that any capacity increases would be more prudent at the North or South ends of the stadium and with this in mind we look forward to furthering discussion with The New Hotel End project being introduced by the fans”

Northampton Town Football Club.

I look forward to updates from the club on how this is progressing.
When are they due to start the work?
Can Tom cliffe answer this please
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #33688 on: April 25, 2022, 16:00:55 pm »

From the outside, it looks very like the new stand at Stevenage?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest49

« Reply #33689 on: April 26, 2022, 07:36:12 am »

I hope the council reply to this faster than they are paying the £150 council tax rebate. TBF to Cilldara they are the only party involved that hasn't published the letter publicly!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-60855310
Report Spam   Logged
northamptonnewbie

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Search
« Reply #33690 on: May 01, 2022, 20:09:41 pm »

Looks great but gotta fill them corners in  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #33691 on: May 01, 2022, 20:50:21 pm »

Thats where the brewery is going.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #33692 on: May 01, 2022, 22:46:14 pm »

You don't need to fill the corners in, bowl stadiums are ugly things. You just need stands that are actually the width of the pitch
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest3429

« Reply #33693 on: May 02, 2022, 07:47:06 am »

You don't need to fill the corners in, bowl stadiums are ugly things. You just need stands that are actually the width of the pitch

I agree. Its difficult to see from this picture but the proposed stand is actually 20m wider than the existing lower tier and spans the full width of the pitch and also why you cannot see the north stand lower tier from this angle.

I'm visiting the the architect who drew up the sketches again next week so I will ask if he's willing to provide a few more images.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #33694 on: May 02, 2022, 08:00:16 am »

Lets get this up for now, an amazing clubhouse bar, open 365 days a year with its own brewery!

The lower tier remains untouched so the lower corners could potentially be filled in later and even the upper tier although the boxes make it higher than the west stand.

Much of our inspiration and one of many case studies used in our business plan is Zero Degrees Cardiff and other locations. So if you want to know what the inside may look like..

https://www.zerodegrees.co.uk/
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33695 on: May 02, 2022, 08:15:23 am »

Beds, 2 quick questions for clarity.
1. How does simply having retention of the ACV land result in 2500 seats? I can only assume by selling the land to fund the expansion, or is there another thought?
2. Why would Buckingham want the land? They are a civil engineering contractor, not a developer. Aren't they?
How valuable is 4 acres of prime development land in this location? Cdnl showing pictures of it looking deliberately dilapidated tells me it is of great value and they are desperate to grab it.

Why would Buckingham want 4 acres of valuable development opportunity?...Why wouldn't they..
Just my observations but it would make the most money for cdnl to give up this section of Northampton towns ground to Buckinghams to fit out the East,  leaving the 17 acres for themselves.
The only losers should this awful situation befall us would be Northampton Town fc, losing a great bit of land that could easily be used to expand and improve earning potential at the stadium, which would be far more valuable in the long term than 10 boxes in my opinion.

We mustn't allow ntfc to be shafted by greed.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33696 on: May 02, 2022, 08:35:25 am »

Having just seen and read the great ideas being put forward by The new hotel end, it's essential the football club of Northampton keep the ACV from CDNL and let these guys use it in anyway necessary to improve the stadiums  capacity, matchday experience and 7 day business plans.

Well done Steve Massey.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #33697 on: May 02, 2022, 09:15:56 am »

How valuable is 4 acres of prime development land in this location? Cdnl showing pictures of it looking deliberately dilapidated tells me it is of great value and they are desperate to grab it.

Why would Buckingham want 4 acres of valuable development opportunity?...Why wouldn't they..
Just my observations but it would make the most money for cdnl to give up this section of Northampton towns ground to Buckinghams to fit out the East,  leaving the 17 acres for themselves.
The only losers should this awful situation befall us would be Northampton Town fc, losing a great bit of land that could easily be used to expand and improve earning potential at the stadium, which would be far more valuable in the long term than 10 boxes in my opinion.

We mustn't allow ntfc to be shafted by greed.

We mustn't let NTFC get shafted by dumbfúcks like you and the trust board.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #33698 on: May 02, 2022, 09:17:00 am »

Who's paying for this?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #33699 on: May 02, 2022, 09:50:34 am »

Who's paying for this?

Spoken like a true Northamptonian Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 [1685] 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: