The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:19:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 [1692] 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819307 times)
EB Claret (+ 1 Hidden) and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #33820 on: May 06, 2022, 13:45:44 pm »

...And yet again, let me remind you for the umpteenth time Grin

A community football club is not the same as say a blue chip business with many investors desperate to see profits. Just as long as a football club trades within its means, trades to its maximum capacity and doesn't lose a catastrophic amount of money, such as, let's say £7,000,000 (why did I choose that figure?) It will be a success.

You can now see why Northampton Town are failing at so many levels and continues to do so.

Hope that helps, you're very welcome 😊

Trading at a loss is not trading to your means, it is a strategy that is reliant on the generosity and commitment of individuals who have significant cash reserves. The risk is that if their businesses interests outside of football come under pressure then the existence of the club is immediately in question, (Rushden & Diamonds is a prime example) usually because immediately there opens up a gap in the balance sheet. Therefore the existence of the club is completely reliant on the outside business interests of an individual over which it has no control or influence. Your philosophy and assumptions are a prime example of everything that’s wrong with football. You put yourself forward as a saviour and innovator who acts as a beacon guiding the way to a brighter future. The truth is that you and those like you are misguided and dangerous individuals who need to be called out and consigned to the history books. Football cannot survive if it allows itself to be influenced by supporters who demand everything without any concept of if it is viable or sustainable. Maybe one day the penny will drop and you will understand?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 13:50:04 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33821 on: May 06, 2022, 13:56:20 pm »

Let me point out to you for the umpteenth time. NTFC is not a community football club it is a business and has to survive just as all businesses do.
Should WNC buy the Cobblers it would become a community asset. As that is never going to happen you just have to go with the situation as is.

Hope that helps you, but I doubt it as you don't seem to have the intelligence to grasp even the most simple of facts.
Have you heard the saying, without fans, football is nothing.
Yes while running as a business,  it's very dependent on the good will of their  local community to invest in tickets and merchandise to keep it running.
Many in the community can afford to invest more than just tickets,  many local businesses give sponsorship to the club..
NTFC for 2 decades have operated a bit remotely from the town is serves by way of being owned by a private organisation here solely to get the land the ground stands on.
That hasn't helped local investors coming forward hence the size of the debts dumped at our club and the low level trading expectations of a excellently locacate club with a big local population ..
And,
yes you're very welcome.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #33822 on: May 06, 2022, 14:02:19 pm »

Trading at a loss is not trading to your means, it is a strategy that is reliant on the generosity and commitment of individuals who have significant cash reserves. The risk is that if their businesses interests outside of football come under pressure then the existence of the club is immediately in question, (Rushden & Diamonds is a prime example) usually because immediately there opens up a gap in the balance sheet. Therefore the existence of the club is completely reliant on the outside business interests of an individual over which it has no control or influence. Your philosophy and assumptions are a prime example of everything that’s wrong with football. You put yourself forward as a saviour and innovator who acts as a beacon guiding the way to a brighter future. The truth is that you and those like you are misguided and dangerous individuals who need to be called out and consigned to the history books. Football cannot survive if it allows itself to be influenced by supporters who demand everything without any concept of if it is viable or sustainable. Maybe one day the penny will drop and you will understand?
Do you ever leave your house? 🤣
Never have I read someone more terrified of what is just everyday situations.

If in doubt get your Rushden and diamonds out..
Which has zero baring on what we're talking about😄
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33823 on: May 06, 2022, 14:14:15 pm »

Why?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #33824 on: May 06, 2022, 14:41:43 pm »

Why?

I wouldn't bother, Melly - it's like trying to explain Newton's second law to a spaniel; he's just not going to get it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3481

« Reply #33825 on: May 06, 2022, 15:34:15 pm »

What's it matter who pays?
As long as someone is happy to pay for the land, that goes towards the extension of the South stand and improving match day facilities.

CDNL are all over the running track like a rash.
Why not ask them what they propose to do with it once the council allow them to annex it from our football club?
Simplistically it doesn’t matter who pays. But that doesn’t negate the fact that someone has to. And pending the update from the Trust on how their discussions are going it’s currently a list of 1.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #33826 on: May 06, 2022, 18:10:35 pm »

Have you heard the saying, without fans, football is nothing.
Yes while running as a business,  it's very dependent on the good will of their  local community to invest in tickets and merchandise to keep it running.
Many in the community can afford to invest more than just tickets,  many local businesses give sponsorship to the club..
NTFC for 2 decades have operated a bit remotely from the town is serves by way of being owned by a private organisation here solely to get the land the ground stands on.
That hasn't helped local investors coming forward hence the size of the debts dumped at our club and the low level trading expectations of a excellently locacate club with a big local population ..
And,
yes you're very welcome.

It is not dependant on the local community in the slightest. It is dependent on playing good football so people buy tickets, local businesses have fúck all to do with it.
You're welcome.
Oh and trading at a loss leads to trading while insolvent which is illegal.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #33827 on: May 06, 2022, 20:06:36 pm »

Im not pissing on your parade, far from it, love your proposals and I do hope they see the light of day,
but it hasn't escaped your notice that our tiny ground can lose up to 20,000 ticket sales per L1 season ..
That's  3 to £400,000 per season.

Yes a bank of terracing built up behind the left in situe south stand seats would  give an extra 2500 capacity that would very quickly pay for itself and give our club the chance to compete and even challenge in L1...

Where's the money coming from I hear you all smashing out on your keyboards,  well that would be the retention of the 4 acres of running track from the grasping hands of cdnl...

It's what Posh, mk, Oxford Luton,  Rotherham,  Doncaster wigan, Bristol rovers, etc, earn more than we do per L1 season,  which should've been addressed 20 years ago.

The daft thing is it's an obvious solution but those blind with loyalty to cdnl these past 12 years or so won't allow themselves to see it for fear of losing face...

Lets keep the running track to get things done.

bristol rovers have a tent for an away end and this is what you aspire to?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33828 on: May 06, 2022, 21:50:27 pm »

We’ll let’s see if we can get your reading matter beyond Janet & John? The proposals you suggest are not only unsustainable, there is a possibility that they are set to become prohibited. Like a child stamping their foot in a toy shop you lack the maturity or basic knowledge to understand the consequences of your impulses. The articles and links are a pathway to many others and present an real opportunity for some much needed personal growth. Perhaps you would like to begin a process of educating yourself, remember “education costs money, but then so does ignorance”
-Clause Moser

If you are really interested in the future of the club I suggest you give it a go.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/premier-league-given-government-warning-over-payments-to-the-football-pyramid-1650901984000

https://www.charlesrussellspeechlys.com/globalassets/pdfs/sectors/sport/2020---lower-league-football-covid-19-and-beyond_the-bridge-to-a-sustainable-future_charles-russell-speechlys.pdf

https://www.hive.co.uk/Product/Robert-Wilson/Managing-Sport-Finance/962169

« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 00:23:27 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #33829 on: May 06, 2022, 22:35:54 pm »

I’ve got to give it to you Dave. You’ve got them eating out the palm of your hand. For someone that makes it up as he goes along. You have em where you want them…  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #33830 on: May 07, 2022, 02:13:53 am »

I would rather have Beds in my team than a 1000 moaning nimbys

Fair play to anyone who wants the best for our club and huge thanks also to The NHE project for opening the conversation with the club and council regarding developing other areas of the ground. They popped the cork and we are grateful for that.

All the links Melly provides point in one direction and the absolute necessity to remodel the funding of football clubs in a sustainable fashion and from within the community, this is backed not only by the FA but the government as well.

Its business first before football.

Hold on Beds, something is coming, all my prattling on will make perfect sense and then we can finally bin this thread, or start a new one for the south stand?

Hasn't that started already?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #33831 on: May 07, 2022, 05:28:29 am »

bristol rovers have a tent for an away end and this is what you aspire to?
If leaving the south stand seats in situe and a bank of terracing built up behind housing a further 2500 paying spectators attracted to the bigger L1 games and a more professional looking ground, then they can stick the millennium dome on top.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #33832 on: May 07, 2022, 05:42:30 am »

It's called budgeting with what you have ...
Obviously you wouldn't invest in a non league starlet as one that could be sold for profit without a guaranteed income coming through the club, ie, football league association payments,  sky/ premiership payments,  season tickets,  sponsorship etc, etc..
But at all times trading to your maximum,  at which I doubt ntfc under cdnl are possibly running at 50 or 60% earnings expectations all thing considered.

So Sing cobb, yes our revenue streams do suggest we really are a community football club 1st and foremost.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #33833 on: May 08, 2022, 20:51:10 pm »

I would rather have Beds in my team than a 1000 moaning nimbys

Fair play to anyone who wants the best for our club

Who doesn’t then? Or is that just a vacuous comment…

Nobody doubts or challenges that Beds wants what’s best. The counter arguments to his points seem to suggest he’s not having a fcuking clue on how to do it. Nice bloke though 😄
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #33834 on: May 09, 2022, 01:38:21 am »

Who doesn’t then? Or is that just a vacuous comment…

Nobody doubts or challenges that Beds wants what’s best. The counter arguments to his points seem to suggest he’s not having a fcuking clue on how to do it. Nice bloke though 😄

No Tel, I agree. I was merely waving an olive branch!

You cant buy passion but you can buy a decent accountant.
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #33835 on: May 12, 2022, 14:24:23 pm »

I wonder when the sod will turn.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #33836 on: May 12, 2022, 14:46:45 pm »

Just reading this, Steve massive Massey appears to have deleted his account. This could mean bad news on his North Stand redev, or he pressed the wrong button whilst smoking something funny. If you do log in again Spud, let me know.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #33837 on: May 12, 2022, 15:11:18 pm »

Just reading this, Steve massive Massey appears to have deleted his account. This could mean bad news on his North Stand redev, or he pressed the wrong button whilst smoking something funny. If you do log in again Spud, let me know.

D'ya fink he's bin bar-ed?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #33838 on: May 12, 2022, 15:44:45 pm »

No Tel, I agree. I was merely waving an olive branch!

You cant buy passion but you can buy a decent accountant.

Even better you can buy a bent one.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #33839 on: May 12, 2022, 15:56:40 pm »

D'ya fink he's bin bar-ed?

Not at all... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 [1692] 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: