The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 01:27:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842766 times)
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #34020 on: June 07, 2022, 07:21:53 am »

They're making excellent progress in setting up the computer and are sure you'll be as excited as they are when they reveal the date the statement will be released.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34021 on: June 07, 2022, 07:25:51 am »

Morning Random / other Trust board members.
Do you have a date for the statement please, or at least 'end of this week', 'next week', 'end of the month'.
Thanks
Patience is a virtue  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34022 on: June 07, 2022, 07:27:13 am »

Careful mate, I posed a question similar to that and had threats of my pension being taken away from me by a lovely chap whose made escapes me right now.
Robert Maxwell?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3481

« Reply #34023 on: June 07, 2022, 07:28:01 am »

Patience is a virtue  Smiley
Completely agree, around 6 weeks ago Random said it would be about 6 weeks and credit to the Trust for being around that time frame. Just curious (and slightly impatient  Grin) now they have dangled the carrot!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34024 on: June 07, 2022, 07:28:26 am »

Careful mate, I posed a question similar to that and had threats of my pension being taken away from me by a lovely chap whose made escapes me right now.
That’s bang out of order people threatening things like that, FFS they need to get a grip.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34025 on: June 07, 2022, 07:42:57 am »

Yes I read that case - I don’t actually know all the details of what you did or didn’t write and I also understand if someone feels they have been genuinely and significantly defamed wanting to take some action to address the issue but the choice of words, the support for such action by another individual and the public manner in which it was done (the latter no doubt a warning to others) - to me, bought internet exchanges to a new low - of course people do need to be careful what they post but equally should not be intimidated in not asking uncomfortable questions or even making controversial comments.

What really hacks me off with the redevelopment discussion is the polarised nature of views and the inability to concede a single point the opposite side makes. In this environment emotions do take over and many of us perhaps post in haste - I often think what’s the point in posting but it’s a bit like an addiction………
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 07:46:03 am by Peter Frost » Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #34026 on: June 07, 2022, 08:49:11 am »

Thus spoke Corbynisto

Evers - you don’t have to be a Corbynist or even a labour supporter to see this current morally and fiscally corrupt government for what it is, even slightly more enlightened Conservatives can see that.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34027 on: June 07, 2022, 09:06:33 am »

Yes I read that case - I don’t actually know all the details of what you did or didn’t write and I also understand if someone feels they have been genuinely and significantly defamed wanting to take some action to address the issue but the choice of words, the support for such action by another individual and the public manner in which it was done (the latter no doubt a warning to others) - to me, bought internet exchanges to a new low - of course people do need to be careful what they post but equally should not be intimidated in not asking uncomfortable questions or even making controversial comments.

The original comment was blown way out of proportion and the reaction to it by both a member of the Trust board and the Trust's legal advisor was disgusting. If they wanted to object to the original comment and ask for it to be retracted then absolutely fair enough, but for one person to respond with the phrase "Your RN pension will be emptied by expenses and damages" while the other wades in with "I truly hope that this legal advisor empties your pension pot and [...] I will insist on encouraging him to do so." goes beyond the pail for me.

It was like watching a playground fight get out of hand while a **** stirrer stands there on the sideline egging on the bigger kid to give the smaller one a proper beating.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 09:27:17 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34028 on: June 07, 2022, 09:27:07 am »

Evers - you don’t have to be a Corbynist or even a labour supporter to see this current morally and fiscally corrupt government for what it is, even slightly more enlightened Conservatives can see that.
I think you’ll find most Tory voters are backing Boris, he didn’t get named the “greasy piglet” for nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3491

« Reply #34029 on: June 07, 2022, 09:39:45 am »

Now I am being accused of sorting out my Tory mates? I have no idea how any of you vote and certainly no idea about how anyone at the club votes.

I can see why this board has a reputation for being toxic. I can now see why people chose not to engage here, my mistake.

I'm out. Good luck with your deal or whatever it is you are seeking to do. I'll continue to support the deal that has the best chance of seeking completion of the East Stand, as will senior Councillors I am sure. But I will no longer be posting here.

Take care and best of luck to you all, my email is on the council site should any of you want to contact me over this matter.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #34030 on: June 07, 2022, 10:49:05 am »

I think you’ll find most Tory voters are backing Boris, he didn’t get named the “greasy piglet” for nothing.

Indeed, you are probably right but even the greasiest of pigs ends up as bacon 🥓 eventually.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #34031 on: June 07, 2022, 11:05:39 am »

Now I am being accused of sorting out my Tory mates? I have no idea how any of you vote and certainly no idea about how anyone at the club votes.

I can see why this board has a reputation for being toxic. I can now see why people chose not to engage here, my mistake.

I'm out. Good luck with your deal or whatever it is you are seeking to do. I'll continue to support the deal that has the best chance of seeking completion of the East Stand, as will senior Councillors I am sure. But I will no longer be posting here.

Take care and best of luck to you all, my email is on the council site should any of you want to contact me over this matter.

Councillor Brown - I’m sorry to see you go and I feel one response to you was particularly out of order - I’m certainly no lover of the current national government as I occasionally hint in some of my post but in my opinion your contributions  have always been in the interest of sharing information and ultimately getting what’s realistically possible and best for the club - there has never been any party politics on your part and any suggestion of improper actions is totally uncalled for.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34032 on: June 07, 2022, 11:28:20 am »

Before you go, could you answer the question I posted yesterday.

You have stated in your post five times that it's a "Done deal" so you should know the details of it. Can you please answer yes or no, can you confirm that the East Stand will be completed and there are no wriggle out clauses. Simple question, yes or no ?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34033 on: June 07, 2022, 11:51:00 am »

The original comment was blown way out of proportion and the reaction to it by both a member of the Trust board and the Trust's legal advisor was disgusting. If they wanted to object to the original comment and ask for it to be retracted then absolutely fair enough, but for one person to respond with the phrase "Your RN pension will be emptied by expenses and damages" while the other wades in with "I truly hope that this legal advisor empties your pension pot and [...] I will insist on encouraging him to do so." goes beyond the pail for me.

It was like watching a playground fight get out of hand while a **** stirrer stands there on the sideline egging on the bigger kid to give the smaller one a proper beating.

I didn't know any of that happened but it just re affirms my views on certain people.
I look forward to the prospectus and being convinced to part with my money voluntarily.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34034 on: June 07, 2022, 11:58:20 am »

Councillor Brown - I’m sorry to see you go and I feel one response to you was particularly out of order - I’m certainly no lover of the current national government as I occasionally hint in some of my post but in my opinion your contributions  have always been in the interest of sharing information and ultimately getting what’s realistically possible and best for the club - there has never been any party politics on your part and any suggestion of improper actions is totally uncalled for.
I echo this.... Another person hounded for having an opposing view of things.
I wonder how hounding will be transformed into successful pleading when funding is required.
Large bag of popcorn at the ready.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #34035 on: June 07, 2022, 12:33:50 pm »

Wont he also have a vote on whether or not to approve the sale of the ACV land?
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #34036 on: June 07, 2022, 12:36:14 pm »

Where is this imminent trust statement we were promised?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34037 on: June 07, 2022, 12:53:02 pm »

Maybe they have changed their minds and wont release the Statement because " that level of detail is far far beyond the many "
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3063

« Reply #34038 on: June 07, 2022, 12:53:08 pm »

You have stated in your post five times that it's a "Done deal" so you should know the details of it. Can you please answer yes or no, can you confirm that the East Stand will be completed and there are no wriggle out clauses. Simple question, yes or no ?

Too late, it looks like he's already gone. Email him and try and get the question you've asked numerous times  Roll Eyes answered.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #34039 on: June 07, 2022, 13:22:35 pm »

Looking at the deal details - or as much as that is in the public domain it’s pretty clear there is scope for wriggle room give words like “options” and “could” - but frankly so what?-  as we remain in the hands of the current owners doing what they say they will - they didn’t the first time around (well certainly not in the time frame implied) - will they this time given significantly more publicity?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: