The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:02:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 [1717] 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822739 times)
Carton Lid, Another Pedj and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #34320 on: June 20, 2022, 15:20:35 pm »

The proposal is for the local company and the Trust to form a joint venture company with the proceeds/profits being split on a 50/50 basis between the two parties. The money due to the Trust will be placed into the infrastructure foundation which will be used to make improvements to any area of the infrastructure at the club, from a new TV in Carrs Bar to funding and proposed expansion to one or more of the stands.
The money will not go to the Trust just to sit in their bank account!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #34321 on: June 20, 2022, 15:24:46 pm »

The proposal is for the local company and the Trust to form a joint venture company with the proceeds/profits being split on a 50/50 basis between the two parties. The money due to the Trust will be placed into the infrastructure foundation which will be used to make improvements to any area of the infrastructure at the club, from a new TV in Carrs Bar to funding and proposed expansion to one or more of the stands.

Thanks for that GPC, when do you think the fans will find out more details of this, especially the local company involved, will it be before the 3rd September deadline, as, if it is going to be of benefit it would be good to have all the info before that start of the season so we can see whats happening.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34322 on: June 20, 2022, 15:26:32 pm »

Thanks mate.
So just to be clear.
50% of any money that could be made by CDNL to find NTFC could now go to another local company?
Or am I being really thick here?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34323 on: June 20, 2022, 15:47:59 pm »

Thanks mate.
So just to be clear.
50% of any money that could be made by CDNL to find NTFC could now go to another local company?
Or 100% of the money made could go to Belle De Jour  or any of the other companies involved in the NTFC ownership ?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34324 on: June 20, 2022, 15:57:42 pm »

Quote from: Carton Lid link=topic=5547.msg468041#msg468041  date=1655740079
Or 100% of the money made could go to Belle De Jour  or any of the other companies involved in the NTFC ownership ?

Who currently fund the club. Roll Eyes

So if up to £250k pa is going to come into the Trust coffers, is the suggestion that whatever is being planned will realise £500k pa? That's a significant return!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #34325 on: June 20, 2022, 16:24:06 pm »

And it's snidey swipes like this that need to stop if you want to start getting fans back on board with the Trust.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34326 on: June 20, 2022, 16:27:51 pm »

Thanks mate.
So just to be clear.

Its a very simplistic view there Glen......but I wouldn't call you thick!!

To come to the conclusion you have reached you would have to know the following.....

How much of the proposed £2.05m purchase price for the land deal would be attributed to that portion (the CDNL portion) of the land
What was going to happen with that land
How much money the clubs plans for that land would generate
Where that money generated would go, be it to fund something or purely to pay down the external debt to the owner.

What the Trust have done is to specify where any proceeds would go, as in to an infrastructure fund which could be used in the way i've outlined above.

Of course all of this is dependant on....

a) The council being willing even to entertain an offer on the ACV Land
b) An acceptable offer on that land being made
c) The Leaseholder (CDNL) allowing any project to go forward using that land
d) If the project does go forward then it achieving the potential income forecast to be achieved.
e) If the income is achieved then it relies on the club being willing to accept any money to improve any particular aspect of the infrastructure.

There's a long way to go yet and a significant number of hurdles to be jumped!!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34327 on: June 20, 2022, 16:37:17 pm »

And it's snidey swipes like this that need to stop if you want to start getting fans back on board with the Trust.

Perception is a dangerous thing!! I took the comments that potentially the Trust could be depriving the Club of 250k a year to be similarly "snidey"....... well not really!! Just the way people feel and read things. Views are too polarised!!

Its entirely possible that any revenue from any land could be used to pay down the debt to the Football Clubs biggest creditor...namely Belle-de-Jour, though in fairness it is also entirely possible that none of the revenue goes that way either.
Report Spam   Logged

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34328 on: June 20, 2022, 16:37:54 pm »

So if The Trust are successful in buying the land, you'd need to foster some sort of working relationship with the very people you don't really like and vice versa as the feeling appears to be mutual for anything to actually happen?
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34329 on: June 20, 2022, 16:41:15 pm »

So if The Trust are successful in buying the land, you'd need to foster some sort of working relationship with the very people you don't really like and vice versa as the feeling appears to be mutual for anything to actually happen?

It would surely have to get above the "we don't like you so we are not speaking to you" level on both sides if it was for the good of the Football Club wouldn't it? If it didn't and one party did not come to play ball then that party should quite rightly feel the wrath of the supporters.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34330 on: June 20, 2022, 17:02:39 pm »

Im not convinced about that. They just shrugged their shoulders and accepted it, when some of their bigger games were switched to MK.
The reason it was moved was because at the time Saints didn’t have a 15k capacity which was the threshold for holding big games e.g. semi finals in Europe.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34331 on: June 20, 2022, 17:09:51 pm »

I tell you what would be interesting, for balance,  what do our current owners plan to do with the club post land deal?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34332 on: June 20, 2022, 17:18:59 pm »

I tell you what would be interesting, for balance,  what do our current owners plan to do with the club post land deal?

I don't know. I'm just asking questions around the latest vague statement from one of the parties interested in the the long drawn out saga of the redevelopment of Sixfields wondering if I'll see anything happen before I shuffle off my mortal coil.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34333 on: June 20, 2022, 18:02:06 pm »

The reason it was moved was because at the time Saints didn’t have a 15k capacity which was the threshold for holding big games e.g. semi finals in Europe.
As i recall, a couple of Prem games were moved as well. Nowt to do with europe. And bumping into some egg chasing mates down The Rover, or The Foundrymans, they just said, its a day out, and we are having a beer in Bletchley rugby club. They were moved for money. Nothing else.
https://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news/saints-versus-saracens-heading-back-to-stadiummk

https://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news/your-day-at-stadium-mk
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34334 on: June 20, 2022, 18:25:53 pm »

For a start , I'm only a Trust member, I haven't been on the board for over 2 years, so my post should be totally irrelevant to the Trust.
        My reply was to someone who stated that 50% of the profit of the Trust's venture wouldn't go to NTFC, which is true, just the same as I posted that 100% of the land profit could elsewhere, other than NTFC
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34335 on: June 20, 2022, 18:34:28 pm »

Perception is a dangerous thing!! I took the comments that potentially the Trust could be depriving the Club of 250k a year to be similarly "snidey"....... well not really!! Just the way people feel and read things. Views are too polarised!!

Its entirely possible that any revenue from any land could be used to pay down the debt to the Football Clubs biggest creditor...namely Belle-de-Jour, though in fairness it is also entirely possible that none of the revenue goes that way either.

I don't think it's perception but more as you also say polarised views - there are people in this discussion whose entire persona is defined by their opinions - and in many cases they are just that, opinions rather than facts (or indeed very selective use of facts).

The polarised nature of discussion is at times toxic and the need to insult, demean or ridicule a different opinion is frankly depressing  - it's actually possible to disagree with some of the trust's actions without being antitrust, equally its possible to think KT should have finished the East Stand earlier but to understand from a pragmatic business sense why he hasn't. These views don't mean you are stupid or lack ambition for the club and I'm quite pleased to be someone who has attracted the label of a Contemptible splinter gathering appeaser if it means I'm capable of seeing two sides of an argument.

Also stepping outside the current polarised arguments I don't think we should forget the real villain here - the individual that made £10 million disappear, half completed a totally inadequate stand and came very close to having our club wound up.

Personally I fully support any initiative from a fan based organisation that supplies funding for infrastructure improvement but we should also put the current proposal in perspective - if it materialises (and as you say a lot of hurdles to overcome) the sort of revenue being talked about is not even close to sustaining a L1/2 club -  perhaps & hopefully it's the start of bigger things but for the foreseeable future we are dependent on a monied benefactor. The current one we have is of course far from perfect and clearly has a focus on the land deal but until someone comes along with similar or greater wealth and the desire to massively invest in the club we are where we are and history shows there have been far far worse owners of football clubs.  
Report Spam   Logged
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #34336 on: June 20, 2022, 19:34:34 pm »

The only problem in any business dealings at the moment is that we are heading for a recession and that £500000 could well be £50000
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34337 on: June 20, 2022, 20:08:20 pm »

As i recall, a couple of Prem games were moved as well. Nowt to do with europe. And bumping into some egg chasing mates down The Rover, or The Foundrymans, they just said, its a day out, and we are having a beer in Bletchley rugby club. They were moved for money. Nothing else.
https://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news/saints-versus-saracens-heading-back-to-stadiummk

https://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news/your-day-at-stadium-mk

I could have sworn the reason was of the capacity of the gardens for the European games anyway I stand correct cheers Kid 👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34338 on: June 20, 2022, 20:21:25 pm »

I could have sworn the reason was of the capacity of the gardens for the European games anyway I stand correct cheers Kid 👍
No probs mate. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3494

« Reply #34339 on: June 20, 2022, 20:36:12 pm »

Roger isn't on the Trust mate.
He just runs the raffle I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 [1717] 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: