The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:16:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 [1719] 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822943 times)
singcobb and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34360 on: June 24, 2022, 09:08:26 am »

Why do you continue to ignore facts - yes there is revenue from all those sources as described but the reality is most clubs (agreed not all) continue to make a loss despite that - circa £1 to 2 million pa. Under a lot of arguments and controversy the Trust have announced a plan that could with luck and I’m sure a lot of hard work yield £250k - and well done to them if they succeed but even they know (& within their ranks there are some owner bashers that rival you) that is insufficient to run a L1/2 club - so where does the shortfall come from? - factual business justified answer please…..
With all due respect Peter, the £250,000 per year is from the ACV land NOT the whole of the football club. You say that most clubs lose between £1M & £2M per year, if I was running the club I would be asking myself how do Newport County, with a fan base half our size, constantly make a profit and have a look at the way they operate.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34361 on: June 24, 2022, 09:15:17 am »

With all due respect Peter, the £250,000 per year is from the ACV land NOT the whole of the football club. You say that most clubs lose between £1M & £2M per year, if I was running the club I would be asking myself how do Newport County, with a fan base half our size, constantly make a profit and have a look at the way they operate.

Do they (in real terms)?
If so, how do they?
Do they have a completely different business plan and aspiration?
Has no one investigated and/or asked that or those questions?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #34362 on: June 24, 2022, 10:00:37 am »

Ticket News
SEASON TICKET SALES ALREADY 8% UP ON LAST SEASON WITH FIVE WEEKS STILL TO GO
Rise in season ticket sales follows increase in average attendance

This has been posted on the Offy site.
At odds with what we have been told by some posters on this forum.

A lot of fans obviously think the club and the owners are doing OK.
Or, they just like football and ignore the politics.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34363 on: June 24, 2022, 10:31:14 am »

Season tickets sales up by 8% ? Must be lies, we were being told the other day that season ticket sales had plummeted  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34364 on: June 24, 2022, 10:34:59 am »

Carlton, DP - thanks for the comments & alway good to have discussions with posters that can have balanced views

Firstly I appreciate the £250k proposed by the trust is for infrastructure support and not to run the club but it was just to illustrate a lot of work and controversy to raise even that amount is not enough to run a typical L1/2 club.

I'm also not defending the crazy economics of football but the reality is at all levels we want better players and those players and their agents are squeezing clubs to the maximum in their pursuit of success.

No doubt a L2 club could be run at a break even level but it is very likely that's where they would stay or worse.

Interesting looking at the published accounts of NTFC in that we do seem to employ quite a lot of people for the size of the business  - possibly we could cut our overheads on the wage bill and not effect the playing side but I suspect other commercial activity and the community work would suffer as a consequence so it might be false economy in both financial terms and the club's standing in the community

I certainly don't have the answers but I do think simply calling for the current owner's heads and if they go  everything will be wonderful is simply not realistic - remember when the club was run by local businessmen we arguably had less success than we have enjoyed in the last few years and they eventually left stating they simply didn't have the means to continue to support a football league club

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #34365 on: June 24, 2022, 10:47:40 am »

Yeah please tell!

So far I've got....

OUT: Roberts, Harriman, Pollock, Rose, Nelson, Ashley-Seal, Mills, Flanagan, Kabamba (9) + five loanees (Lubala, Zimba, Kanu, Magloire, Eppiah)
IN: Burge, Fox, Haynes, Hylton (4)

Undecided and out of contract next week: Horsfall.

I'm struggling to see how, at this moment in time, we are spending more on the squad than we were last season. It's a decent start though....granted.

I would have thought that the signings so far indicate a desire to improve the quality of the squad. Three of the players signed don't come cheap. Your comments are based on your perennial dislike of Ntfc current management; a theme going back to the Keith Curle days. If the quality of in coming players is maintained I believe that you will still maintain your drip by drip criticism of the Club. If you are struggling to understand the change in the incoming personnel then what is the point of such ambiguous comments. Having supported and watched the Club sine the late 50's it gets a little easier to recognise somebody who sole objective is to undermine NTFC at any given opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #34366 on: June 24, 2022, 10:54:16 am »

Come off it Carton - Newport went bust years ago and took them just as long to get back on an even keel. I don't think Newport are an ideal business model to base NTFC on!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #34367 on: June 24, 2022, 10:57:21 am »

Ticket News

The last para is lost on some on here  - unfortunately!
Report Spam   Logged

Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #34368 on: June 24, 2022, 11:38:44 am »

I would have thought that the signings so far indicate a desire to improve the quality of the squad. Three of the players signed don't come cheap. Your comments are based on your perennial dislike of Ntfc current management; a theme going back to the Keith Curle days. If the quality of in coming players is maintained I believe that you will still maintain your drip by drip criticism of the Club. If you are struggling to understand the change in the incoming personnel then what is the point of such ambiguous comments. Having supported and watched the Club sine the late 50's it gets a little easier to recognise somebody who sole objective is to undermine NTFC at any given opportunity.

what do those three players cost geeZ?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #34369 on: June 24, 2022, 11:56:37 am »

Ticket News

That is great news. I think you're last sentence is the way it is for a lot of fans. I know plenty like that that sit around me and friends and family, some of whom don't bother with social media either.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #34370 on: June 24, 2022, 11:59:10 am »

what do those three players cost geeZ?

You don't know Einstein?

IMO very few do but judging on the apparent quality of three of the players signed its a useful yardstick to hazard a guess!  Yes/No??
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #34371 on: June 24, 2022, 12:13:54 pm »

Yet another "sit on the fence, I don't take sides" post from our moderator  Roll Eyes

What was your stance Roger on posting on here… oh yeah, I remember. I'm not posting as a Trust board member, I’m posting my own thoughts. I'm assuming you don’t extend that privilege to others then?

As far as I am concerned I would say what I said no matter who posts nothing but negative rhetoric. It’s not for one second in support of individuals at the club, or indeed on here. It is a simple fact of life, that social media attracts people who have done nothing more than look up at the stars, yet carry on as if they pilot the space shuttle..
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34372 on: June 24, 2022, 12:57:02 pm »

The circle of contradiction continues. It is possible to run a club on a break even or profit basis. The fact is that over 90% don’t and those that do it’s because of player transfers and in the short term. What people are suggesting may be achievable for NTFC. However, for virtually every club at our level it just isn’t reasonably possible without out-performing a very significant trend.
For whatever reason people will insist on an ideal and attack the owners. Frankly they are simply picking the wrong target. Even if they neuter the owners and drive them out what’s to say the next owners won’t be clones of these, or worse?
If you truly want change then it’s the whole system of ownership that needs changing and that means targeting the EFL/Government. An exceptionally difficult challenge maybe, but far better than a pointless battle to remove owners that have kept the club afloat for getting on for a decade, have repeatedly kept them competitive on the pitch in league 2, seemingly have the support or at the very least indifferent acceptance of the majority of the fan base, and could potentially be replaced by someone far more volatile and dangerous for the future of the club.
The good news for the average supporter is the longer the stalemate over the land continues, seemingly the longer the current owners will remain in situ. And that just may be a silver lining on a very dark cloud on the horizon. I keep saying it, be careful what you wish for.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34373 on: June 24, 2022, 13:15:34 pm »

Come off it Carton - Newport went bust years ago and took them just as long to get back on an even keel. I don't think Newport are an ideal business model to base NTFC on!
Come on Evers, Newport County went bust 32 YEARS AGO, I am talking about the Newport County that returned to the EFL 9 years ago and hjave traded very successfully ever since
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #34374 on: June 24, 2022, 13:36:12 pm »

Ticket News

As one of those 8% this is one of the reasons I bought one after 17 years without one despite only really being able to get to half of the home games.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #34375 on: June 24, 2022, 13:54:37 pm »

As one of those 8% this is one of the reasons I bought one after 17 years without one despite only really being able to get to half of the home games.

I've kept my seat on, which I've had since the stadium opened and I'm in the process of moving to Weymouth! I don't think I'll get up to many games 5/6 maybe however, its made realise how much I love our club.
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #34376 on: June 24, 2022, 14:14:09 pm »

You don't know Einstein?

IMO very few do but judging on the apparent quality of three of the players signed its a useful yardstick to hazard a guess!  Yes/No??

i've never met the geezer. as me old dear used to gabble the proof is only inside the pudding. what's your guess then brite chap?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34377 on: June 24, 2022, 14:42:42 pm »

I've kept my seat on, which I've had since the stadium opened and I'm in the process of moving to Weymouth! I don't think I'll get up to many games 5/6 maybe however, its made realise how much I love our club.

Interesting how many of us like that - I live in Switzerland and pre Covid used to get back for most Saturday home games - this season however EasyJet flights are double (If running) and car hire about 3x so I can't see me seeing more than 8-10 games but still have my ticket.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34378 on: June 24, 2022, 14:54:06 pm »

I remember a few years back, a Newcastle fan enquired about the seat next to him, which was always empty, only to be told that it was sold. However, somebody occupied it on boxing day. He talked to the chap, and found that his missus had bought it for him, as a xmas present. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34379 on: June 24, 2022, 15:10:50 pm »

Season tickets sales up by 8% ? Must be lies, we were being told the other day that season ticket sales had plummeted  Grin
8% 😂 you do know how many that equates to, anyway when I was told they were down FACT.
Apparently there was an effort to have a ring around to persuade people to recommit, I am really pleased we have managed to sell another hundred or so tickets.
Fair play to the club, imagine if we had some Sky boxes to sell to some corporates.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 [1719] 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: