The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 16:30:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 [1721] 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 ... 2197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1839769 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #34400 on: June 25, 2022, 19:24:42 pm »

Maybe as Hamster suggested in a roundabout way, we do need a key board warrior running our club from a working men's club.. Couldn't do any worse?
  Grin Grin I think I might have been suggesting the opposite mate. The acid test will be our finances once they have the development money. Any debt will be unforgivable then.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34401 on: June 25, 2022, 21:21:48 pm »

What about the seats that KT put in?
Only after I badgered him to do so.. took him 6 months and the seats paid for themselves after just 3 sittings!

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34402 on: June 25, 2022, 22:28:50 pm »

So if he was losing over a million for 7 straight years then the question is why the hell is he still allowed to get away with it?
If we're really hemorrhaging money at that rate, the blame Firstly lays with the poor organisation, then the lack of system in place to help eleviate the problem with local support to ease the pain and share the burden..But no.. we have the same old protagonist and friends happy sitting back allowing our club sink deeper in an never ending cycle of debt and failure..
Maybe as Hamster suggested in a roundabout way, we do need a key board warrior running our club from a working men's club.. Couldn't do any worse?
I love it when you do this. Despite being lumbered with the brains of a rocking horse try and absorb this fact and base future responses on it (more chance of asking that of the cat, but I’ll give it a go). A £1 million loss is bang on average for league 2 and a £2 million loss is average for league 1.
Given during the owners tenure we have spent 2 seasons in division 1, we are actually out performing the financial trend. Based on pure financial performance alone they are doing better than average, that is a fact and it’s pointless to suggest otherwise. I’ve been repeatedly quoting these figures since they came out and despite any number of people trying to put a spin on them, not one has succeeded in making even a half àrsed logical case to the contrary.
This fact also tells you everything that is wrong with football and perhaps more importantly what is wrong with many football supporters too. Unfortunately you and your head up your àrse demands and assumptions are actually part of the problem. Not that you are likely to work this out at any point in our future, good laugh though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34403 on: June 25, 2022, 22:48:34 pm »

For the interest of anyone other than old kamikaze, the Deloitte report for 2022 is out next month. The figures quoted above exclude Bury so had they have stayed solvent they would have been worse. Key figures other than those above is that average wages were at 66% of revenue in 2020 and this rose to 77% in 2021 in league 2. It should drop, but if this rises again despite Covid it will emphasise just how bad things have been allowed to get?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34404 on: June 26, 2022, 08:31:54 am »

I love it when you do this. Despite being lumbered with the brains of a rocking horse try and absorb this fact and base future responses on it (more chance of asking that of the cat, but I’ll give it a go). A £1 million loss is bang on average for league 2 and a £2 million loss is average for league 1.
Given during the owners tenure we have spent 2 seasons in division 1, we are actually out performing the financial trend. Based on pure financial performance alone they are doing better than average, that is a fact and it’s pointless to suggest otherwise. I’ve been repeatedly quoting these figures since they came out and despite any number of people trying to put a spin on them, not one has succeeded in making even a half àrsed logical case to the contrary.
This fact also tells you everything that is wrong with football and perhaps more importantly what is wrong with many football supporters too. Unfortunately you and your head up your àrse demands and assumptions are actually part of the problem. Not that you are likely to work this out at any point in our future, good laugh though.
According to the 🐈 sitting on the rocking horse 🐎 , If a certain club has a plus £5m turnover,  have good facilities in which to attract new supporters and corporate clients to an exciting stadium with some future plans, well that's actually great business if only losing £1m per season.
It's when a club have a turnover of say just £3.5m, losing £1m per season in an underwhelming archaic 1990s ground without future plans, thats when losing money and building debts is dangerous.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34405 on: June 26, 2022, 08:45:53 am »

For the interest of anyone other than old kamikaze, the Deloitte report for 2022 is out next month. The figures quoted above exclude Bury so had they have stayed solvent they would have been worse. Key figures other than those above is that average wages were at 66% of revenue in 2020 and this rose to 77% in 2021 in league 2. It should drop, but if this rises again despite Covid it will emphasise just how bad things have been allowed to get?
Here we go again,  the world according to Deloitte...Forgetting again the main investor into a local professional football clubs in the lower leagues are the fans and local businesses buying tickets and sponsorship to allow the club to hire better players to hopefully have a successful season even if it means breaking even or a small serviceable debt..
They don't come the end of the season to celebrate a lower mid table finish having saved £1m on the wage bill..
I'm not sure I've pointed this out to you before but a local professional football club isn't like any other manufacturer or retail businesses 🤔
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34406 on: June 26, 2022, 09:28:18 am »

When you've been to those away games have you checked who gets your money?

Chances are the fans of those clubs think most of the owners are corrupt and running their club into the ground.
And you are helping to fill their pockets? Double standards mate, double standards!
Im only interested in Northampton town and their urgent need for an upgrade to Sixfields, Im not encouraging or endorsing another 7 years of this nonsense by giving my support to those allowing this.
i have no standards single or double Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34407 on: June 26, 2022, 09:34:32 am »

Grin Grin I think I might have been suggesting the opposite mate. The acid test will be our finances once they have the development money. Any debt will be unforgivable then.

I would be happy for CDNL/Thomas to take the 17 acres, fill their suitcases and walk out the door, dont turn around, your'e not.....
I dont even want a finished east stand, just debt free and the 3 acres of Sixfields running track left for the football club to help with our recovery.. I can imagine it will end up something like this?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34408 on: June 26, 2022, 12:10:14 pm »

Here we go again,  the world according to Deloitte...Forgetting again the main investor into a local professional football clubs in the lower leagues are the fans and local businesses buying tickets and sponsorship to allow the club to hire better players to hopefully have a successful season even if it means breaking even or a small serviceable debt..
They don't come the end of the season to celebrate a lower mid table finish having saved £1m on the wage bill..
I'm not sure I've pointed this out to you before but a local professional football club isn't like any other manufacturer or retail businesses 🤔
😂 It’s like debating with an amoeba. Again, this has nothing to do with any other type of business or industry, it’s a collective assessment of clubs operating at division 1 and 2. Nothing more, nothing less. Is this intellectual impairment due to illicit substances or have you have suffered some sort of head trauma? Pray tell what resource should one use to assess financial performance of football clubs, a world renowned financial organisation or Lutons resident village idiot? I wouldn’t live in hope if I were you.
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #34409 on: June 26, 2022, 13:30:00 pm »

😂 It’s like debating with an amoeba. Again, this has nothing to do with any other type of business or industry, it’s a collective assessment of clubs operating at division 1 and 2. Nothing more, nothing less. Is this intellectual impairment due to illicit substances or have you have suffered some sort of head trauma? Pray tell what resource should one use to assess financial performance of football clubs, a world renowned financial organisation or Lutons resident village idiot? I wouldn’t live in hope if I were you.
Are you referring to Tommy Robinson? Esther Rantzen? Is she still alive?
Whoever, the person you are in dialogue with does not reside in Luton!
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #34410 on: June 26, 2022, 14:32:51 pm »

No they are not. Have you still not got it?

A football club could run breaking even and perhaps making a small profit. The problem arises when other clubs in the same division gets a wealthy benefactor or a group of benefactors that pump money into their club. It’s well known that the success of a club is directly related to the player budget. There are of course exceptions but they are exceptions and usually short lived. This means that a well run but self financing club can maintain its position but rarely progresses.
It seems as if DB is prepared to fund the Cobblers sufficiently to stay in League 2 whilst the various land deals are sorted and we should be grateful for that.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34411 on: June 26, 2022, 15:19:45 pm »

Are you referring to Tommy Robinson? Esther Rantzen? Is she still alive?
Whoever, the person you are in dialogue with does not reside in Luton!
Indeed. He actually resides just down the road from me. I have seen him often enough.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34412 on: June 26, 2022, 15:24:26 pm »

Indeed. He actually resides just down the road from me. I have seen him often enough.  Grin
Has he moved then, the downward spiral for the old town shows no sign of abating.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #34413 on: June 26, 2022, 15:32:53 pm »

That's pretty loyal and commendable, especially when compared to me, in 4 years I've bit the bullet an paid for tickets for the Derby fa Cup game and the beam back from Barrow.. £40 in 4 years..
That's £40 quid more than has been spent on the east stand and any ground extension in 20 years... Grin

Been to lots of great away games to get my Cobblers fix.

Time for change..
Northampton wants its football club back.

I saw you at the Oldham game - last game of the relegation season!  So did some others l know!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34414 on: June 26, 2022, 15:44:09 pm »

I saw you at the Oldham game - last game of the relegation season!  So did some others l know!
I was at three league games this season also the Mansfield home leg also..
Blagging freebies , My conscience is clear 😀
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #34415 on: June 26, 2022, 17:15:44 pm »

You are very close to me then!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34416 on: June 26, 2022, 17:38:09 pm »

You are very close to me then!  Wink
Yes, I have also seen you walking around, not too far from the Co-op.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3494

« Reply #34417 on: June 26, 2022, 20:47:33 pm »

I was at three league games this season also the Mansfield home leg also..
Blagging freebies , My conscience is clear 😀

Super fan.
Adding to the debt.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34418 on: June 26, 2022, 21:06:00 pm »

Super fan.
Adding to the debt.
Had your mate taken the trouble to listen to warnings of avoiding history repeating itself trying to buck a well worn trend of pathetic underdeveloped Sixfields unable to sustain L1 football we wouldn't be in uncontrollable debt.
But no, he believed in all the nonsense being touted several years ago...
Not a penny more ( Disclaimer to allow me to buy into a big cup game or exciting league match  should I wish to attend. )
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 21:08:00 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34419 on: June 26, 2022, 21:20:30 pm »

Wow..You've excelled your self in the insults dept  Grin But sadly very unoriginal nothing I haven't heard or that hasn't been directed at me 😀
Your vitriolic outburst is actually telling me I have yet again schooled you in matters you find alien.
I have degrees in economics, mathematics and bionics...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 [1721] 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 ... 2197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: