The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:24:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 [1732] 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820891 times)
coboz and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3494

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #34620 on: July 28, 2022, 11:20:19 am »

Tel, interesting points - some months ago in a private message to an influential trust member I suggested professional mediation to try to broker dialogue between the club and the trust - this was curtly dismissed as “naive” and when I replied with my commercial experience in these matters I was again rudely told to “drop the ego and I wasn’t the only person with an impressive c.v.” - maybe all correct but one thing my experience has taught me, is that people who don’t listen and are convinced they are 100% on the side of right rarely make good negotiators.

One can only imagine which wonderful person dished out these words to you Peter.
And they wonder why they only get two or three likes on their rarely viewed Facebook posts.
Arrogance at its best….
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34621 on: July 28, 2022, 11:26:17 am »

Their way or the highway.
Not a good mantra for an organisation that doesn't hold the top trumps.
The first line is correct Rim, if you apply it to the opposite organisation  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34622 on: July 28, 2022, 11:30:32 am »

The first line is correct Rim, if you apply it to the opposite organisation  Wink

And there, sadly, is the root of the problem.

Edit: sorry, just read that back and it sounds wrong. I'm not saying Roger is the root of the problem, I'm saying that the two parties viewing the other as the opposition is.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 11:32:09 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #34623 on: July 28, 2022, 11:42:20 am »

And there, sadly, is the root of the problem.

Edit: sorry, just read that back and it sounds wrong. I'm not saying Roger is the root of the problem, I'm saying that the two parties viewing the other as the opposition is.

Hmm. Opposite does not necessarily equate to opposition. However, your statement could be taken as putting words in his mouth. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34624 on: July 28, 2022, 11:55:20 am »

I'd argue that if you do hold the top trumps, you are able to utilise and deploy that mantra.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34625 on: July 28, 2022, 12:17:43 pm »

The bottom line here is that the owners are taking the profit from the enabling land and disappearing.
I find it unbelievable that they get the support of people on this forum TBH, even the completion of that dreadful east stand is now off the table.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34626 on: July 28, 2022, 12:38:18 pm »

The bottom line here is that the owners are taking the profit probably from the enabling land and disappearingPossibly.

So really the question if your scenario plays out is what are we left with? - better or worse than where we were 7 years ago?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #34627 on: July 28, 2022, 12:49:26 pm »

Evers I think it’s simply if the whole land deal goes belly up (& based on the assumption the owners are 100% only for the land) they could theoretically cut their loses and wind up the business- personally I think there a lot of ifs,  buts and assumptions that I personally don’t believe but the scenario is not impossible.

I can see that point if the Land Deal goes 'Belly Up'. Unfortunately it is based on conjecture and as in all aspects of life nothing is impossible except Tax and Death! From a personal POV I don't see current owners planning to do a Cardozian type of AWOL. Two main reasons for that are :
1) Current Owners Bank roll the Club

and 2) IMO it is pretty clear that the Budget has increased proven by the apparent quality of recent signings.

Compared with many EFL Clubs the Club appears to be in a place than some of those Clubs.

What is laughable is when the Doomsters mock the current Budget saying it has gone down compared with the likes Stockport County and Wrexham. From a debating POV that argument would be easily dismissed. What is a near fact is inflation is the real enemy not the two Non Leaguers!

What Deepcut might or could do is clarify his comment and purpose thereof!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34628 on: July 28, 2022, 14:18:41 pm »

I can see that point if the Land Deal goes 'Belly Up'. Unfortunately it is based on conjecture and as in all aspects of life nothing is impossible except Tax and Death! From a personal POV I don't see current owners planning to do a Cardozian type of AWOL. Two main reasons for that are :
1) Current Owners Bank roll the Club

and 2) IMO it is pretty clear that the Budget has increased proven by the apparent quality of recent signings.

Compared with many EFL Clubs the Club appears to be in a place than some of those Clubs.

What is laughable is when the Doomsters mock the current Budget saying it has gone down compared with the likes Stockport County and Wrexham. From a debating POV that argument would be easily dismissed. What is a near fact is inflation is the real enemy not the two Non Leaguers!

What Deepcut might or could do is clarify his comment and purpose thereof!

I think that Peter understood and explained almost precisely my comment.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #34629 on: July 28, 2022, 14:33:48 pm »

One can only imagine which wonderful person dished out these words to you Peter.
And they wonder why they only get two or three likes on their rarely viewed Facebook posts.
Arrogance at its best….

To be honest Glen this one is less about the personalities and more about trying to share different approaches.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34630 on: July 28, 2022, 14:39:36 pm »

The bottom line here is that the owners are taking the profit from the enabling land and disappearing.
I find it unbelievable that they get the support of people on this forum.

I find it unbelievable that you keep saying that.

The overriding sentiment is one of disappointment. I see very few people taking sides. Just some good old debate.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34631 on: July 29, 2022, 05:44:45 am »

To be honest Glen this one is less about the personalities and more about trying to share different approaches.

If only they would be willing to do so eh?
I'm just saddened that the whole affair ended up with Cildara involved (somehow) and the process could now  drag on even further with the review.
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome with the east stand being fitted out to the same quality that the on field has been.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34632 on: July 29, 2022, 09:16:56 am »

Let's start with a few things that we all agree are true.
The original deal for CDNL to buy all the land from WNC contained a clause stating "No stand, no land". I think we all agree this is 100% correct ?
Cildara then outbid CDNL for the land, minus the running track land.   Agreed ?
CDNL then upped their bid to match Cildara, but the "No Stand, No Land" clause was removed and their bid included the running track land.
 So would WNC want to remove this clause ? Highly unlikely as the Stadium owners, they would surely welcome any improvement to their asset .
So the only other party involved in the deal is CDNL, so why would they want the clause removed if they are, as they have stated numerous times, in discussions with Buckinghams and are going to complete the East stand ?
Why go to the trouble of removing that clause of the deal if you are going to complete the stand anyway ?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #34633 on: July 29, 2022, 09:36:10 am »

I think that Peter understood and explained almost precisely my comment.  Wink

His comment was plausible as is your confirmation - however you made the statement not Peter. Sometimes misinterpretation can play a  part!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:42:37 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34634 on: July 29, 2022, 09:50:56 am »

If only they would be willing to do so eh?
I'm just saddened that the whole affair ended up with Cildara involved (somehow) and the process could now  drag on even further with the review.
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome with the east stand being fitted out to the same quality that the on field has been.
If you still believe cdnl will put £3m into upgrading the stadium you're going to be very disappointed.
Why should they give ntfc a penny?
 They have no obligation to do so.
They are owed several millions in accumulated debts/loans/services rendered that will need paying back first, so that's taken care of the old land fill site, North carpark and the bonus of the running track section of Sixfields stadium taken.
Begrudgingly you have to admire their tenacity in getting the land even if its detrimental to NTFC.

The Northampton  town supporters trust, who we all should be very grateful for, fought a great fight in trying to keep the ACV for future use, all in the face of huge opposition from well meaning but very misguided folk.

So we are where we are, a few weeks away from losing all the 23 acres of future enabling land at Sixfields.
What should have been a Godsend has proven to be a milestone at our club.
If it were a football match, it would read NTFC 0, CDNL 3  and time for us to head for the exit to avoid hearing the celebrations from the victors.

So in the words of the great Rob Page, 'we go again' hopefully debt free and an excellent acquisition for new club only focused owners to take over what is a well respected, historic and centrally located club that has a vast catchment and ripe for investment...
One thing we can be sure of is no more land obsessed owners as we've finally lost all our and the councils land.

Here's to the future after CDNL.
Up the Cobblers.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34635 on: July 29, 2022, 10:25:25 am »

If you still believe cdnl will put £3m into upgrading the stadium you're going to be very disappointed.
Why should they give ntfc a penny?
 They have no obligation to do so.
They are owed several millions in accumulated debts/loans/services rendered that will need paying back first, so that's taken care of the old land fill site, North carpark and the bonus of the running track section of Sixfields stadium taken.
Begrudgingly you have to admire their tenacity in getting the land even if its detrimental to NTFC.

The Northampton  town supporters trust, who we all should be very grateful for, fought a great fight in trying to keep the ACV for future use, all in the face of huge opposition from well meaning but very misguided folk.

So we are where we are, a few weeks away from losing all the 23 acres of future enabling land at Sixfields.
What should have been a Godsend has proven to be a milestone at our club.
If it were a football match, it would read NTFC 0, CDNL 3  and time for us to head for the exit to avoid hearing the celebrations from the victors.

So in the words of the great Rob Page, 'we go again' hopefully debt free and an excellent acquisition for new club only focused owners to take over what is a well respected, historic and centrally located club that has a vast catchment and ripe for investment...
One thing we can be sure of is no more land obsessed owners as we've finally lost all our and the councils land.

Here's to the future after CDNL.
Up the Cobblers.

All I'd say is that you and your band of Merry men should be really pleased that the the chairman's legal adviser isn't so aggressive and abusive as others who've been involved in this saga.
You keep digging and not supporting the club....
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34636 on: July 29, 2022, 11:19:48 am »

All I'd say is that you and your band of Merry men should be really pleased that the the chairman's legal adviser isn't so aggressive and abusive as others who've been involved in this saga.
So what part of my post is inaccurate so I can correct it ?

I do support the club, NTFC,  just not CDNL. Big big difference.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34637 on: July 29, 2022, 11:28:27 am »

Why do you have such blind loyalty to the current owners? I just don’t get it, you did the same thing with Cardoza as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #34638 on: July 29, 2022, 12:18:16 pm »

Because on paper there's no other alternative to support that's better.
A case of better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #34639 on: July 29, 2022, 12:29:32 pm »

Because on paper there's no other alternative to support that's better.
A case of better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

….& that in two lines summarises the situation
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 [1732] 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: