The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:53:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820832 times)
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #34640 on: July 29, 2022, 19:39:34 pm »

Because on paper there's no other alternative to support that's better.
A case of better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Never support the devil.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34641 on: July 29, 2022, 19:51:55 pm »

….& that in two lines summarises the situation
Stockholm syndrome? And I'm being serious  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34642 on: July 29, 2022, 21:27:16 pm »

All I'd say is that you and your band of Merry men should be really pleased that the the chairman's legal adviser isn't so aggressive and abusive as others who've been involved in this saga.

The trigger will be pulled when the times right… Of that I’m sure.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34643 on: July 29, 2022, 22:49:57 pm »

It’s been a long time so perhaps we could reflect on what was actually said upon takeover.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34931269.

I would say the key points are an indication that the completion of the stand was a priority. A motivation to take the club forward. The maximum investment figure was 4 million, I didn’t interpret that to be solely spent on the stand. The hesitation to commit to being at the club for longer than 5 years.

On the downside there will obviously be disappointment that the stand isn’t finished to date for the reasons Kelvin himself has indicated, and the club is still in league 2. On the plus side there has been double the intended investment over a far longer period to keep the club functioning, and that spend is continuing without any obvious hesitation.

So looking at it objectively what is a reasonable evaluation of this?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3494

« Reply #34644 on: July 30, 2022, 05:58:50 am »

So what part of my post is inaccurate so I can correct it ?

I do support the club, NTFC,  just not CDNL. Big big difference.

On this one.... Millstone....i think you meant millstone  Grin
On your previous million posts... I'll leave that to those who'll be watching.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34645 on: July 30, 2022, 05:59:53 am »

Why do you have such blind loyalty to the current owners? I just don’t get it, you did the same thing with Cardoza as well.

Why do you , as do others, tar different people with the same brush?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34646 on: July 30, 2022, 06:01:32 am »

The trigger will be pulled when the times right… Of that I’m sure.

Do you know what mate, much as they all hate KT....i actually don't think he'd do it.
He's a decent bloke.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34647 on: July 30, 2022, 09:07:36 am »

Why do you , as do others, tar different people with the same brush?

Answer the question, I have evidenced your behaviour towards our last 2 owners, you seem to have an unquestionable loyalty towards them, I’m just puzzled as to why that is?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3494

« Reply #34648 on: July 30, 2022, 09:13:31 am »

Answer the question, I have evidenced your behaviour towards our last 2 owners, you seem to have an unquestionable loyalty towards them, I’m just puzzled as to why that is?

I was fooled by Cardoza.
My loyalty to KT is based on the FACT he hasn't committed a crime he's just doing his best to overcome a ton of hurdles thrown at him from every direction.
Anyway, question for you now... Who are you?
Mr Anon 😆
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34649 on: July 30, 2022, 09:42:50 am »

I was fooled by Cardoza.
My loyalty to KT is based on the FACT he hasn't committed a crime he's just doing his best to overcome a ton of hurdles thrown at him from every direction.
Mr Anon 😆
Fair play to you for admitting you were fooled by Cardoza, whilst I agree KT does everything by the book, he certainly isn’t going to do the club any favours either, and stands to make a lot of money from the enabling land some of which should be going into infrastructure for the club.
Personally the timing is very bad at the moment the markets are reeling from what is a worse situation than we have seen since the Second World War not good for putting deals together.
Finally, I prefer to keep my anonymity, which is my business.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3494

« Reply #34650 on: July 30, 2022, 10:07:03 am »

Fair play to you for admitting you were fooled by Cardoza, whilst I agree KT does everything by the book, he certainly isn’t going to do the club any favours either, and stands to make a lot of money from the enabling land some of which should be going into infrastructure for the club.
Personally the timing is very bad at the moment the markets are reeling from what is a worse situation than we have seen since the Second World War not good for putting deals together.
Finally, I prefer to keep my anonymity, which is my business.

understand your points and understand you like to dish it out anonymously 😂
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34651 on: July 30, 2022, 10:51:03 am »

I was fooled by Cardoza.
Mr Anon 😆
Is it only the law breaking that you judge chairmen on and not that of poor performance?
would you say Thomas has been more successful as the chairman of NTFC or that of CDNL?
Do you think your loyalty to the chairman is really warranted when you see how little if any our club has progressed in over several years of his ownership?
What hurdles do you speak of? Football club related hurdles or land getting hurdles?
Does your loyalty to cdnl match that of ntfc?

I'm fully of the belief NTFC will lose all the 23 acres for no redevelopment, the huge debts built up need paying back,
 if this proves to be the case, would your loyalty be tested?

I'm looking forward to when CDNL cash in and get gone, leaving ntfc without any future enabling land but at least debt free and able to attract new owners who will be at the club for the club, who are able and willing to work in full co operation with the town and club supporters, rebuilding the club to be where it should be, is this something you'd be happy with?

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34652 on: July 30, 2022, 12:17:24 pm »

understand your points and understand you like to dish it out anonymously 😂
Honestly mate I’m not dishing anything out, your just as entitled to your view, the fact that KT hasn’t done anything illegal is a pretty low benchmark for your support and trust, whilst I think the trust could have been a lot more diplomatic I honestly don’t think it would have made the slightest difference, to the outcome.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34653 on: July 30, 2022, 13:12:06 pm »

Is it only the law breaking that you judge chairmen on and not that of poor performance?
would you say Thomas has been more successful as the chairman of NTFC or that of CDNL?
Do you think your loyalty to the chairman is really warranted when you see how little if any our club has progressed in over several years of his ownership?
What hurdles do you speak of? Football club related hurdles or land getting hurdles?

I'm fully of the belief NTFC will lose all the 23 acres for no redevelopment, the huge debts built up need paying back,

I'm looking forward to when CDNL cash in and get gone, leaving ntfc without any future enabling land but at least debt free and able to attract new owners who will be at the club for the club, who are able and willing to work in full co operation with the town and club supporters, rebuilding the club to be where it should be, is this something you'd be happy with?

I would say the biggest hurdle was losing Chris Wilder. When they took over they had a manager they knew and trusted and believed they could take the club forward together as a team. 2 or 3 seasons of success on the pitch, develop the ground to accomodate the inevitable increase in attendances and build a robust playing structure so that it could withstand players and managers being poached as a result of the success. It turned out we were so successful that the downside was we lost our manager after a season when he was made an offer he couldn’t refuse. The next manager didn’t cut it, we got relegated and the whole plan went out of the window. Why would they develop the ground whilst they can’t fill the current one back in division 2?
To me it makes more sense to focus on success on the pitch? I understand that people may have a different opinion on how to move forward, but I don’t think the strategy they undertook to spend on the squad is that unreasonable? This is why many people are not anti the owners, they understand and accept that there may be mitigating circumstances that affect decisions and sometimes this results in a different outcome that was originally envisaged. Therefore the hostility displayed by some remains a bit of a mystery to a significant number of the support base? I understand you will neither accept this or give any quarter regarding what has transpired. You will always have a negative and derogatory view of the owners and that’s also why many will similarly have that view of you. So in summary I believe the loss of Chris Wilder and the failure of his successors was a huge hurdle that has probably had a massive impact on the original plan and I don’t really think we have properly recovered from it.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34654 on: July 30, 2022, 13:31:39 pm »

As I have said to you, Manwork and others who frequent social media to bombard others with your singular perspective, you’re knocking on the wrong door. Clearly you have a frustration that occupies your minds and time a lot more than it does most. Clearly you feel that it is partly your purpose in life to convince others that they should feel the shame, dedicating more time to that view. You are preaching to the converted. Perhaps not all of them. I only see one or two people who I would say “blindly” follow KT. Even then, I just think it is their choice not to see anything sinister.

You, Manwork, Random (others)  seek to adjust opinion, when in fact you know nothing more of what will transpire than any of us. Of course most of us will assume that there is a huge financial incentive for KT & DB to staying around the place. I don’t think it would be disingenuous to assume that is the case at a lot f clubs. But where you look foolish, is in your one dimension perspective. There is a lot of us who have known and assumed that not everything about football club ownership is wholesome. Yet there are the likes of you, some of the Trust that seem so overwhelmed by the current situation, that you treat each day like Groundhog day. Waking up and thinking I must let the world know what I think. I must let them know what I have learnt. Guess what….. WE KNOW. We known that they have an interest in making significant money from the land. We know that like you, we are gambling on them putting something into the club. We know that the whole think is completely perilous in terms of possible outcomes. But like you, we don’t know what we can do, other than listening to you and your like rattling on about, to make the situation better. We’re all in the same boat. We all want what’s best. So as much as I know it will fall on deaf ears, try to give us a break Dave 😀😀
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34655 on: July 30, 2022, 13:54:02 pm »

The ONLY question I can be bothered to answer, because you're boring me so much is this.
My loyalty is to the club and it's owners.
Hence why I still go to home games and buy the merch, go into hospitality.
Unlike you.... Who claims to support NTFC by going to occasional away matches.
New ground at Luton soon, I'd suggest you switch clubs because you are actually as mad as a hatter....
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34656 on: July 30, 2022, 17:42:35 pm »

As I have said to you, Manwork and others who frequent social media to bombard others with your singular perspective, you’re knocking on the wrong door. Clearly you have a frustration that occupies your minds and time a lot more than it does most. Clearly you feel that it is partly your purpose in life to convince others that they should feel the shame, dedicating more time to that view. You are preaching to the converted. Perhaps not all of them. I only see one or two people who I would say “blindly” follow KT. Even then, I just think it is their choice not to see anything sinister.

You, Manwork, Random (others)  seek to adjust opinion, when in fact you know nothing more of what will transpire than any of us. Of course most of us will assume that there is a huge financial incentive for KT & DB to staying around the place. I don’t think it would be disingenuous to assume that is the case at a lot f clubs. But where you look foolish, is in your one dimension perspective. There is a lot of us who have known and assumed that not everything about football club ownership is wholesome. Yet there are the likes of you, some of the Trust that seem so overwhelmed by the current situation, that you treat each day like Groundhog day. Waking up and thinking I must let the world know what I think. I must let them know what I have learnt. Guess what….. WE KNOW. We known that they have an interest in making significant money from the land. We know that like you, we are gambling on them putting something into the club. We know that the whole think is completely perilous in terms of possible outcomes. But like you, we don’t know what we can do, other than listening to you and your like rattling on about, to make the situation better. We’re all in the same boat. We all want what’s best. So as much as I know it will fall on deaf ears, try to give us a break Dave 😀😀
Slightly rattled hamster cage 🐹 Cheesy
Yes no one knows for sure how this sorry episode in our clubs badly run history will play out..But I guess my rantings will be bookies favourite 😀
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34657 on: July 30, 2022, 17:51:04 pm »

Slightly rattled hamster cage 🐹 Cheesy
Yes no one knows for sure how this sorry episode in our clubs badly run history will play out..But I guess my rantings will be bookies favourite 😀

Beds, we've just won the first game of the season and all you come on here to do is bang on about your boring repetitive opinion on the running of the club.  Any thoughts on the game?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34658 on: July 30, 2022, 17:52:42 pm »

The ONLY question I can be bothered to answer, because you're boring me so much is this.
My loyalty is to the club and it's owners.
Hence why I still go to home games and buy the merch, go into hospitality.
Unlike you.... Who claims to support NTFC by going to occasional away matches.
New ground at Luton soon, I'd suggest you switch clubs because you are actually as mad as a hatter....
From your poor quality reply, can I assume I've made you open your mind to what really could happen, which is somewhat different from what you expected?

Also  I noticed you corrected a predictive text error from earlier..millstone/milestone,  So Well done to you. 😀
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34659 on: July 30, 2022, 18:01:26 pm »

Beds, we've just won the first game of the season and all you come on here to do is bang on about your boring repetitive opinion on the running of the club.  Any thoughts on the game?
This isn't the match thread?
We're still in division 4, crap ground and about to lose the 24 acres that could've help our club escape the lower leagues...
Shall I pretend all is OK and if we get promoted in our tiny ground devoid of modern facilities, we'll finally buck the trend and survive the immediate drop?
No of course we wont...and I won't pretend otherwise.
But we'll done Jon and the team...
So important getting off to a winning start.
I would love to be there but I'm happy to have a beer on my boat listening to it on the wireless,  Marvelous.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: