The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:54:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819376 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34700 on: August 05, 2022, 22:24:41 pm »

There is much to reflect on regarding the recently posted Trust letter. For the record I am wholeheartedly in agreement with the final paragraph, it’s perhaps the best observation regarding this topic to date.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Diddy

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34701 on: August 06, 2022, 05:18:13 am »

I’d explore a ground share with The Saints. 15,000 Stadium, 1 miles apart, excellent hospitality, fan park and food and drink infrastructure already in place.

It’ll require a fair bit of fixture planning and there would have to be significant investment in the pitch to allow rugby and football to be played every week.

As Cobblers fans we’d have to look beyond the black, green and gold branding but I just don’t understand why this isn’t on the table.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34702 on: August 06, 2022, 06:07:32 am »

I’d explore a ground share with The Saints. 15,000 Stadium, 1 miles apart, excellent hospitality, fan park and food and drink infrastructure already in place.

It’ll require a fair bit of fixture planning and there would have to be significant investment in the pitch to allow rugby and football to be played every week.

As Cobblers fans we’d have to look beyond the black, green and gold branding but I just don’t understand why this isn’t on the table.

This was looked at in the past. But our part in it would have been too subordinate.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34703 on: August 06, 2022, 06:56:12 am »

The reality of this situation completely belies some of the debate that we see on here, or indeed any social media platform.

Whilst we await the Cildara appeal, other than that they is no other fly in the clubs ointment. This is not as it is it sometimes portrayed, because KT & DB are some kind of evil geniuses. It is because of the apathy and ambivalence that surrounds the whole saga. If that’s difficult to accept for some, they are simply flying in the face of the obvious evidence.

A few months ago the club summoned the masses to discuss the future of the East stand. The subsequent meeting could have been held in a telephone box, such was the poor response. Certainly not the clubs fault.

The next purportedly significant event was the activation of the ACV. After months of waiting for the outcome of that, we are only told about what could have been. Due to certain key players getting cold feet. An explanation was offered by the Trust. This page in the whole debacle was turned without so much as a whimper in the scheme of things. The Trust did their best.

So… Here we are. Where after successive years of inertia, we are still looking at a building site. Yet there is absolutely no significant sign of any rebellion, backlash, or even large scale debate. The club says that along with the legal and procedural challenges of completing the East stand, they have had to deal with unnecessary and petty interference, distracting from the task in front of them. Those that stand accused of such involvement, distance themselves from anything malicious, stating they are only acting in accordance with the supports best interest.

What has really happened? I can only offer my thoughts. I believe we have a firmly entrenched group of supporters, me included, who have chewed the fat on this for what seems an eternity. Some have become involved to a greater degree than others, but on the whole, the names rarely change. Or in some less candid cases, the USER names don’t change. But none the less, we have a very small section of the support, who to varying degrees have become involved in the long term redevelopment debate. Rarely do the main protagonists even consider the small platform their opinion occupies. It’s almost like the majority of the support are playing on the big pitch, whilst some of us are next to them on a five a side pitch, playing our own game. This has led to us coming full circle really. Speaking for myself. I have always supported the need to just get on with it. If that means we see a few warehouses and a bit of a bland structure, so be it. At least we advance and I can forget the whole mess. I have never hidden my understanding of the owners intent. Equally I can understand those that think otherwise. But the overriding factor here, is not about the East stand. It is about the unrealistic association that some have built around the whole topic and its actual significance to nearly all of the clubs support. It’s about accepting just how little it matters to MOST. Then just moving on..

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:01:14 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34704 on: August 06, 2022, 19:51:49 pm »

Stating the obvious it’s an internet forum for having a chat, if you don’t like the topic or discussion at the time read another one. I don’t think anyone on here thinks it makes the slightest difference to any outcome. We could always post pictures of ourselves wearing lingerie or something instead of arguing all the time, but I cant see it catching on.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #34705 on: August 06, 2022, 20:08:50 pm »

Disregarding any arrangement, anyone that has stepped into Franklins Gardens must realise it would be the perfect stadium for The Cobblers
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34706 on: August 06, 2022, 22:04:10 pm »

Disregarding any arrangement, anyone that has stepped into Franklins Gardens must realise it would be the perfect stadium for The Cobblers
Anyone who has stepped into Sixfields would know if the North and South stands were extended back 12 rows running the full width of the pitch, combined with a fit out of the east stand shell to include 15 boxes, large function room and an outside fan village, Sixfields would be perfect..

WE just need to hold on to the Sixfields running track to allow this to gradually take shape.
Probably too late for this to happen now,  but we can live in hope of a brighter future once free from the wasted Thomas/CDNL years.
We just have to hope we have something left of Sixfields to work with.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34707 on: August 07, 2022, 00:57:33 am »

Stating the obvious it’s an internet forum for having a chat, if you don’t like the topic or discussion at the time read another one. I don’t think anyone on here thinks it makes the slightest difference to any outcome. We could always post pictures of ourselves wearing lingerie or something instead of arguing all the time, but I cant see it catching on.

The fact that you see it as stating the obvious, is all the affirmation I need. I wasn’t attempting to do anymore than point out the futility of it all.

Saying that we have travelled a million miles to end up back where we started is not a crime. It’s a fact. I'm sorry, that you are as pointless as the rest of as far as this is concerned 😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34708 on: August 07, 2022, 05:17:12 am »

The fact that you see it as stating the obvious, is all the affirmation I need. I wasn’t attempting to do anymore than point out the futility of it all.

Saying that we have travelled a million miles to end up back where we started is not a crime. It’s a fact. I'm sorry, that you are as pointless as the rest of as far as this is concerned 😂😂😂
I’m pointless generally Tel.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34709 on: August 07, 2022, 07:54:03 am »

I’m pointless generally Tel.

I know the feeling 😂 I just can’t believe just how full circle we have come.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34710 on: August 07, 2022, 08:24:41 am »

I know the feeling 😂 I just can’t believe just how full circle we have come.
I think this is all getting a bit too much for you Tel, you are posting on this thread night and day, it’s taken over your life hasn’t it?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34711 on: August 07, 2022, 16:18:19 pm »

I think this is all getting a bit too much for you Tel, you are posting on this thread night and day, it’s taken over your life hasn’t it?

I can understand your concern… Another few thousand posts and I’ll be up there with you.  Grin Cool
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34712 on: August 14, 2022, 08:50:10 am »

On the way down to the ground yesterday I was walking behind two Hartlepool fans and I noticed them gesturing to the East stand so I started listening to what they were saying, expecting them to be taking the piss.

"I really like that." said one of them.
"Yeah, when they put boxes in there it will be really smart and make it a decent ground."

Maybe it isn't as bad as we think!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34713 on: August 14, 2022, 08:56:19 am »

On the way down to the ground yesterday I was walking behind two Hartlepool fans and I noticed them gesturing to the East stand so I started listening to what they were saying, expecting them to be taking the ****.

"I really like that." said one of them.
"Yeah, when they put boxes in there it will be really smart and make it a decent ground."

Maybe it isn't as bad as we think!
It really won’t, they are from Hartlepool! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34714 on: August 14, 2022, 11:13:12 am »

It really won’t, they are from Hartlepool! Grin

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #34715 on: August 15, 2022, 18:31:12 pm »

99.5% of fans do not give a toss about the East Stand, only what happens on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34716 on: August 15, 2022, 18:48:40 pm »

It's actually 3%, the other 97% of Northampton like me can't be arsed giving CDNL another penny to watch L2 in a non league setting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 21:55:13 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34717 on: August 15, 2022, 19:27:03 pm »

99.5% of fans do not give a toss about the East Stand, only what happens on the pitch.
Grin What was the sample size to ascertain that hypothesis?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3494

« Reply #34718 on: August 16, 2022, 06:56:05 am »

Ah yes but the 0.5% voted for the ACV fiasco lol
🎣
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34719 on: August 16, 2022, 10:02:14 am »

Ah yes but the 0.5% voted for the ACV fiasco lol
🎣
0.5% of the Trust membership is 35 people, I think a few more than that voted.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:06:08 am by Carton Lid » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: