The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:58:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 [1737] 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819877 times)
Merry Comrade

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Topic Starter One year Anniversary
« Reply #34720 on: August 16, 2022, 10:27:24 am »

Wow. That means the trust has 7000 members. I didn't realise they were that well represented.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34721 on: August 16, 2022, 15:30:59 pm »

Wow. That means the trust has 7000 members. I didn't realise they were that well represented.
My maths are nearly as bad as Glens  Wink  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #34722 on: August 16, 2022, 16:14:38 pm »

Apathy reigns!!

Consider a catchment area of 500,000..... only 0.9% of them go to Cobblers home games
Consider the 40,000 figure who went to Wembley.... only 11.25% of that figure go to Cobblers home games
Consider 20000 names on the Cobblers database..... only 2442 cast a vote on the East Stand..... 12.21%
Consider the same 20000 names....only 1260 voted in the Supporters Rep vote... 6.3% (Tom got 922 votes...equates to 4.61%)
Consider the Clubs last open forum to discuss the East Stand and wider development..... only 42 people attended..... is that 1% of the regulars or 0.1% of the potential?
Consider the Trust membership..... 700 of 40000......only 1.75%
Consider the Trust ACV vote of members..... 182 of 700 voted.... only 26% (of the 1.75% = 0.45% of the fan base)

I think its fair to say that when it comes down to it, most Cobblers fans only care about the 90 minutes on the pitch every other game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34723 on: August 16, 2022, 17:42:54 pm »

Apathy reigns!!

Consider a catchment area of 500,000..... only 0.9% of them go to Cobblers home games
Consider the 40,000 figure who went to Wembley.... only 11.25% of that figure go to Cobblers home games
Consider 20000 names on the Cobblers database..... only 2442 cast a vote on the East Stand..... 12.21%
Consider the same 20000 names....only 1260 voted in the Supporters Rep vote... 6.3% (Tom got 922 votes...equates to 4.61%)
Consider the Clubs last open forum to discuss the East Stand and wider development..... only 42 people attended..... is that 1% of the regulars or 0.1% of the potential?
Consider the Trust membership..... 700 of 40000......only 1.75%
Consider the Trust ACV vote of members..... 182 of 700 voted.... only 26% (of the 1.75% = 0.45% of the fan base)

I think its fair to say that when it comes down to it, most Cobblers fans only care about the 90 minutes on the pitch every other game.
Does it though Simon, how does this compare to other clubs? Similarly how does the Trust perform  in activity levels compared to other Trusts? I have a real problem with figures like this in isolation, there has to be a comparative analysis to be relevant.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34724 on: August 16, 2022, 18:26:08 pm »

Does it though Simon, how does this compare to other clubs? Similarly how does the Trust perform  in activity levels compared to other Trusts? I have a real problem with figures like this in isolation, there has to be a comparative analysis to be relevant.

Each to their own!! The telling stat for me from that list was the attendance at the East Stand open forum.....that 42 included three Trust Board members as well as Tom, Gareth and James.

You could never compare how one Trust performs in activity to another either IMO. Some Trusts are vocal, especially when things are not good, then melt away into the background when things are good. Some Trusts are very much part of the club (and Ive been on a few calls with some of them to know this) and others have no interaction...a bit like ours.

It is easy to take figures like "97% of Cobblers fans support the Clubs plans for the East Stand" though.....?!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34725 on: August 16, 2022, 20:09:10 pm »

Is the answer in the Deloitte report?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34726 on: August 16, 2022, 20:52:56 pm »

The reality of this situation completely belies some of the debate that we see on here, or indeed any social media platform.

Whilst we await the Cildara appeal, other than that they is no other fly in the clubs ointment. This is not as it is it sometimes portrayed, because KT & DB are some kind of evil geniuses. It is because of the apathy and ambivalence that surrounds the whole saga. If that’s difficult to accept for some, they are simply flying in the face of the obvious evidence.

A few months ago the club summoned the masses to discuss the future of the East stand. The subsequent meeting could have been held in a telephone box, such was the poor response. Certainly not the clubs fault.

The next purportedly significant event was the activation of the ACV. After months of waiting for the outcome of that, we are only told about what could have been. Due to certain key players getting cold feet. An explanation was offered by the Trust. This page in the whole debacle was turned without so much as a whimper in the scheme of things. The Trust did their best.

So… Here we are. Where after successive years of inertia, we are still looking at a building site. Yet there is absolutely no significant sign of any rebellion, backlash, or even large scale debate. The club says that along with the legal and procedural challenges of completing the East stand, they have had to deal with unnecessary and petty interference, distracting from the task in front of them. Those that stand accused of such involvement, distance themselves from anything malicious, stating they are only acting in accordance with the supports best interest.

What has really happened? I can only offer my thoughts. I believe we have a firmly entrenched group of supporters, me included, who have chewed the fat on this for what seems an eternity. Some have become involved to a greater degree than others, but on the whole, the names rarely change. Or in some less candid cases, the USER names don’t change. But none the less, we have a very small section of the support, who to varying degrees have become involved in the long term redevelopment debate. Rarely do the main protagonists even consider the small platform their opinion occupies. It’s almost like the majority of the support are playing on the big pitch, whilst some of us are next to them on a five a side pitch, playing our own game. This has led to us coming full circle really. Speaking for myself. I have always supported the need to just get on with it. If that means we see a few warehouses and a bit of a bland structure, so be it. At least we advance and I can forget the whole mess. I have never hidden my understanding of the owners intent. Equally I can understand those that think otherwise. But the overriding factor here, is not about the East stand. It is about the unrealistic association that some have built around the whole topic and its actual significance to nearly all of the clubs support. It’s about accepting just how little it matters to MOST. Then just moving on..

As I wrote, but a few weeks back.

You can take a horse to water. But you…… Well you know.

There are many factors that bring around apathy. But there have been some genuine key opportunities missed. Plus some huge own goals scored over the past few years. In terms of supporter engagement from any side of the debate. Forget it. That boat has well and truly sailed.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34727 on: August 16, 2022, 21:21:29 pm »

Is the answer in the Deloitte report?
I’m looking for this years every day Manny as it’s overdue. So you can look forward to many snippets and lots of data coming your way any day now. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 21:39:27 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34728 on: August 17, 2022, 19:46:22 pm »

I’m looking for this years every day Manny as it’s overdue. So you can look forward to many snippets and lots of data coming your way any day now. Enjoy!
Thanks mate, always good for my insomnia.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34729 on: August 18, 2022, 14:08:05 pm »

Thanks mate, always good for my insomnia.  Grin
Manny, great news, it’s here!!!! Bad news though, it’s an abbreviated report on previous years with little data on L2. The main stat is that wages account for 80% of revenue in L2. Losses have risen in the leagues analysed so it can be assumed that this would transpose pro-rata onto league 2 putting averages losses around 1.1 million per annum. I’ll go through it and update you upon further evaluation. 👍

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/annual-review-of-football-finance.html

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 14:09:49 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34730 on: August 18, 2022, 16:16:14 pm »

Manny, great news, it’s here!!!! Bad news though, it’s an abbreviated report on previous years with little data on L2. The main stat is that wages account for 80% of revenue in L2. Losses have risen in the leagues analysed so it can be assumed that this would transpose pro-rata onto league 2 putting averages losses around 1.1 million per annum. I’ll go through it and update you upon further evaluation. 👍

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/annual-review-of-football-finance.html

Be interesting to see your analysis of this.....our wage budget is a generally accepted 1.8-2.0 million yet our revenue (in the last normal year) was 5.3m, so our (playing) wages don't come close to 50% yet we are still losing money every season! That said, if our playing squad wage budget is c1.8m how are our staffing costs £3.96m as per the last set of filed accounts?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34731 on: August 18, 2022, 16:33:13 pm »

Be interesting to see your analysis of this.....our wage budget is a generally accepted 1.8-2.0 million yet our revenue (in the last normal year) was 5.3m, so our (playing) wages don't come close to 50% yet we are still losing money every season! That said, if our playing squad wage budget is c1.8m how are our staffing costs £3.96m as per the last set of filed accounts?
My hypothesis of this anomaly is that we have a couple of greedy bastàrds on the payroll.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3529

« Reply #34732 on: August 18, 2022, 17:26:32 pm »

We still paying off ex managers and assistants?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34733 on: August 18, 2022, 18:09:57 pm »

Genuine question 1.8 - 2 million is accepted by who, and where did that figure come from? Additionally our turnover is quoted as 4.42 million? If the average total wage is 80% and ours is 89% then every other club is spending a not too dissimilar ratio between player/general staff or we are returning extraordinary results on a significantly reduced playing budget.
Either way it’s totally irrelevant, the loss is in the form of director loans so I will repeat the same 2 questions yet again.
1. Is the expectation that when the club, or any other business is sold the investors will take as much revenue as possible as part of any deal?
2. What difference does it make to NTFC and it’s supporters that any of that revenue taken is classed as repayment of a loan or straight payment for the club?
In summary, the only figure affected by a higher wage bill is the debt to the owners, yet the money they take back at the end will be exactly the same irrespective of whether it’s called “debt” or the “Burrows and Thomas jolly holiday fund”. If the debt was facilitated by an external source it would matter, but it isn’t so it doesn’t. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 18:12:05 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34734 on: August 18, 2022, 18:54:04 pm »

Let’s have a crack a simplifying this and please god put it to bed once and for all.

Option 1, in 6 months time the owners get 20 million for the land and sell the club for 4 million. If the debt is 8 million they will end up 16 million better off than when they started.

Option 2, Tomorrow the owners officially write off the debt to the club reducing the deficit to £0. In 6 months time the owners get 20 million for the land and sell the club for 4 million. If the debt they wrote off was 8 million, they will end up 16 million better off than when they started.

Can somebody explain to me why the debt to the owners and any wage bill that may increase it has any relevance for the supporters of the club based on the 2 scenarios above?
Report Spam   Logged

Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #34735 on: August 18, 2022, 19:34:32 pm »

Beds will be along soon to school you on your figures and those outsider land grabbers. 😎
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34736 on: August 18, 2022, 20:12:30 pm »

Let’s have a crack a simplifying this and please god put it to bed once and for all.

Option 1, in 6 months time the owners get 20 million for the land and sell the club for 4 million. If the debt is 8 million they will end up 16 million better off than when they started.

Option 2, Tomorrow the owners officially write off the debt to the club reducing the deficit to £0. In 6 months time the owners get 20 million for the land and sell the club for 4 million. If the debt they wrote off was 8 million, they will end up 16 million better off than when they started.

Can somebody explain to me why the debt to the owners and any wage bill that may increase it has any relevance for the supporters of the club based on the 2 scenarios above?

It doesn’t. But good luck with putting it to bed 😃😃

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34737 on: August 18, 2022, 23:48:18 pm »

Genuine question 1.8 - 2 million is accepted by who, and where did that figure come from? Additionally our turnover is quoted as 4.42 million? If the average total wage is 80% and ours is 89% then every other club is spending a not too dissimilar ratio between player/general staff or we are returning extraordinary results on a significantly reduced playing budget.
Either way it’s totally irrelevant, the loss is in the form of director loans so I will repeat the same 2 questions yet again.
1. Is the expectation that when the club, or any other business is sold the investors will take as much revenue as possible as part of any deal?
2. What difference does it make to NTFC and it’s supporters that any of that revenue taken is classed as repayment of a loan or straight payment for the club?
In summary, the only figure affected by a higher wage bill is the debt to the owners, yet the money they take back at the end will be exactly the same irrespective of whether it’s called “debt” or the “Burrows and Thomas jolly holiday fund”. If the debt was facilitated by an external source it would matter, but it isn’t so it doesn’t. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?
And you got up an 4am to post this 😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34738 on: August 19, 2022, 02:00:02 am »

And you got up an 4am to post this 😂
Nope 3am, some of us commuters have it hard m'lord. You aristocracy lead a pampered existence.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34739 on: August 19, 2022, 07:21:12 am »

Nope 3am, some of us commuters have it hard m'lord. You aristocracy lead a pampered existence.
Interesting which part of Melbourne do you live because the rest of it is +9hrs 😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 [1737] 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: