The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:57:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819732 times)
BedsCobb and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3494

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #34800 on: August 21, 2022, 11:34:16 am »

Each to their own, but personally I'd rather be represented by a democratically elected individual who uses quiet diplomacy to achieve his aims rather than a bunch of co-opted militants and their hangers on chucking rocks from the sidelines.

👏👏👏👏👏 and anonymous threats to snitch to teacher 😂
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34801 on: August 21, 2022, 12:15:58 pm »

Thank you Fez, could you answer the other questions too please?
Much appreciated
I'm afraid you'll have to ask the Trust those questions Glen.

I'm not a board member and haven't been for four years, and don't know the answers to your other questions.

Thought I'd help you with the one that I do know though  Smiley

Suspect emailing on ntfctrust1992@gmail.com will be the best option.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:18:44 pm by FezNTFC » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #34802 on: August 21, 2022, 12:49:49 pm »

FWIW I agree Tel, unfortunately you spoiled it by mentioning the utterly invisible and let’s face it pretty useless Tom Cliffe.
I’m sure Tom is a nice guy BUT he is definitely not the man for the fans rep job, KT wanted a yes man and got his wish.
anybody could have stood and anybody could have voted. you did neither
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #34803 on: August 21, 2022, 12:50:06 pm »

That's not quite true is it? How do you explain the bumper Wembley appearances or the huge turn out on the championship parade? The greater the success the greater the support.
only simpletons refer to a game 25 years ago as some sort of example of what could be.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34804 on: August 21, 2022, 13:06:32 pm »

It just amazes me that we have post after post, did the Trust hold an AGM, how many board members are co-opted, did you vote for Tom Cliffe ? All questions that in the big scheme of things mean nothing. Yet no one seems bothered that the "No Stand, No Land" has been removed from the deal for CDNL to buy the land, in the big scheme of NTFC's future means hell of a lot
 Ask yourself why has this been removed, WNC wouldn't remove it surely, Sixfields is, after all, their asset, so why would it be removed by CDNL  they were going to build the Stand ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34805 on: August 21, 2022, 13:16:40 pm »

It just amazes me that we have post after post, did the Trust hold an AGM, how many board members are co-opted, did you vote for Tom Cliffe ? All questions that in the big scheme of things mean nothing. Yet no one seems bothered that the "No Stand, No Land" has been removed from the deal for CDNL to buy the land, in the big scheme of NTFC's future means hell of a lot
 Ask yourself why has this been removed, WNC wouldn't remove it surely, Sixfields is, after all, their asset, so why would it be removed by CDNL  they were going to build the Stand ?
First post I’ve seen about the AGM and co-opted members.
Responded to quickly by Fez who is no longer anything to do with the Trust or co opted I assume.
Usual deflection back to the owners response from you though Rog, you, whose also not on the Trusts board?
If it’s right the Trust asks questions of the club, why can’t the fans, that the Trusts supposed to represent, get open answers from it?
Join the Trust.
Email the Trust.
I’m not part of the Trust etc
If Manwork can dig at Tom, why can’t the Trusts board members, answer these questions on here publicly?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34806 on: August 21, 2022, 13:25:38 pm »

First post I’ve seen about the AGM and co-opted members.
Responded to quickly by Fez who is no longer anything to do with the Trust or co opted I assume.
Usual deflection back to the owners response from you though Rog, you, whose also not on the Trusts board?
If it’s right the Trust asks questions of the club, why can’t the fans, that the Trusts supposed to represent, get open answers from it?
Join the Trust.
Email the Trust.
I’m not part of the Trust etc
If Manwork can dig at Tom, why can’t the Trusts board members, answer these questions on here publicly?
Why don’t you just ask them?
mailto:ntfctrust1992@gmail.com
Don’t be scared now!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34807 on: August 21, 2022, 13:31:08 pm »

The reason it doesn’t get any airplay Rog, is because it’s got nothing to do with the club. It is a glaring omission by the council, but not in any way the clubs fault. Yes, they must have been over the moon when it wasn’t a prerequisite to any deal, but there was no way anyone wishing to do anything with land would argue for that type of caveat to be reintroduced once it was omitted. I still don’t understand it, but in no way do I blame them..

On the other hand, the reason there is some questions around whether or not the Trust is acting in accordance with its own constitution, is simply because they have based a huge amount of their mantra on the adherence to due process. If they are within the confines of the rules of their model, then fine. But it would be totally appropriate to highlight any hypocrisy if it exists. For a long time now we have endured a situation where if something is irregular at the club, the usual suspects (as they are perfectly entitled to) crop up and remind us of it. Surely you would prefer a level playing field with these things.

Just a simple post by a current Trust board member, naming the current board members and how they were instated would clear it up. Surely that’s not too hard of a question for what is a supporters representative..
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34808 on: August 21, 2022, 13:35:33 pm »

Why don’t you just ask them?
mailto:ntfctrust1992@gmail.com
Don’t be scared now!

Or just update this

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/our-board

In the spirit of transparency.

I don’t see why it’s not current.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #34809 on: August 21, 2022, 14:02:41 pm »

From Oxford United's Yellows Forum;

I had the same thing happen to me when I tried telling everybody that Kelvin Thomas wasn’t the messiah and was in fact running the club into the ground, to the point that someone once tried to physically assault me at a game, and it eventually came out that I was right after he was banished virtually overnight by IL. I’ve been here before.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34810 on: August 21, 2022, 14:03:50 pm »

The reason it doesn’t get any airplay Rog, is because it’s got nothing to do with the club. It is a glaring omission by the council, but not in any way the clubs fault.
Are you really sure about this ? I have recently heard different to this.

Just a simple post by a current Trust board member, naming the current board members and how they were instated would clear it up. Surely that’s not too hard of a question for what is a supporters representative.
I agree with you on this, about updating, but as you know, if there are not more people than allowed standing to be elected, there is no election, nothing sinister at all and all above board
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34811 on: August 21, 2022, 14:22:53 pm »

Or just update this

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/our-board

In the spirit of transparency.

I don’t see why it’s not current.

It's not current because nobody updates the website....pretty simple!! I believe that Drilling (former Board member) updates it on request, however it is pretty much out of date apart from the news releases.

As per this article https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/report-of-trust-agm---thursday-10-february  the current board members are those shown on the website plus the three named in the report of the AGM.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34812 on: August 21, 2022, 14:49:30 pm »

It's not current because nobody updates the website....pretty simple!! I believe that Drilling (former Board member) updates it on request, however it is pretty much out of date apart from the news releases.

As per this article https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/report-of-trust-agm---thursday-10-february  the current board members are those shown on the website plus the three named in the report of the AGM.

Thanks for that Grange. So how many co-opted members does that mean now? 

It’s not a trick question. I genuinely don’t want to use the info for anything sinister, you have my word on that. Not even if it isn’t accurate to the model rules. It is purely to understand who is actually appointing the board. Is it the members, or the board members. That is something that does matter in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34813 on: August 21, 2022, 14:53:03 pm »

What I was saying Roger about the omission of the stand must be built section of the agreement is simple.

Even if the club requested its omission, the council took it out. So they are at fault. Whilst I agree with you that it should still be there, it can’t be the clubs fault that it was taken out.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34814 on: August 21, 2022, 15:24:29 pm »

What I was saying Roger about the omission of the stand must be built section of the agreement is simple.

Even if the club requested its omission, the council took it out. So they are at fault. Whilst I agree with you that it should still be there, it can’t be the clubs fault that it was taken out.

The Council did not take it out, CDNL took it out as a condition of their higher bid, the Council then accepted that higher bid as it matched the Cilldara bid on financial grounds and was/has always been the preferred bidder due to the leasehold arrangements on the various parcels of land thereby making for an easier legal process/sale going forward.
Report Spam   Logged

Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #34815 on: August 21, 2022, 15:51:12 pm »

The Council did not take it out, CDNL took it out as a condition of their higher bid, the Council then accepted that higher bid as it matched the Cilldara bid on financial grounds and was/has always been the preferred bidder due to the leasehold arrangements on the various parcels of land thereby making for an easier legal process/sale going forward.
Thank you for your responses.

You say 'the Council then accepted that higher bid', so am I right in saying the Council knew building the East Stand clause had been taken out?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34816 on: August 21, 2022, 16:02:33 pm »

Thank you for your responses.

You say 'the Council then accepted that higher bid', so am I right in saying the Council knew building the East Stand clause had been taken out?

Yes, when the higher bids came along the clause was dropped, the Council were well aware of this and have tried to cover it with the backstop arrangement which will see land revert back to Council ownership if the stand is not built within 5 years.

Both parties (Council and CDNL) are complicit in the disappearance of the "no stand no land" clause.
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34817 on: August 21, 2022, 16:05:31 pm »

My understanding as well but ultimately the council could (and in my opinion should) have refused that condition - very few people actually know if there is any intention to finish the East Stand as part of the current process (but many will of course be 100% sure on the outcome here) - but from a pragmatic business negotiation the more binding conditions you can take out of a bid the better - but as a football supporter, for me the council were simply weak to roll over on this condition particularly as there was no clear reason why they had to give the two offers were never like for like.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 16:08:37 pm by Peter Frost » Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34818 on: August 21, 2022, 16:22:14 pm »

My understanding as well but ultimately the council could (and in my opinion should) have refused that condition - very few people actually know if there is any intention to finish the East Stand as part of the current process (but many will of course be 100% sure on the outcome here) - but from a pragmatic business negotiation the more binding conditions you can take out of a bid the better - but as a football supporter, for me the council were simply weak to roll over on this condition particularly as there was no clear reason why they had to give the two offers were never like for like.

Agreed, but what if CDNL were not willing to raise their bid without the removal of the condition? That would have left Cilldara in the clear, or left The Council with no deal.....neither of which they (The Council) wanted.

The Council were a bit stuck as the higher Cilldara bid contained no stand clause, but it did seek to leave The Club with the 3.6 acres of ACV land.

Suppose it depends which side of the fence you are sitting on here as to which question you are asking (not you personally!)

Is it "Why did the Club (CDNL) remove the clause? What is their motive for doing so?"

or "Why did the Council accept the CDNL bid with the clause removed? What is their motivation for doing so?"
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34819 on: August 21, 2022, 16:28:28 pm »

Is it "Why did the Club (CDNL) remove the clause? What is their motive for doing so?"

I know it’s not the most palatable answer. But I would imagine simply because they could. I agree that suggests that they could renege on completing the East stand. But at this point only they know if that’s even a consideration. But I would still totally point the finger at the council for getting caught on the hop yet again..
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: