The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:03:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819641 times)
Ragdoll Cobbler and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
DavCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38740 on: March 31, 2023, 15:50:56 pm »

If you look around warehouse, office and housing projects…along with house sales, there cannot be a worse time to look at that land as a golden egg. Mind you, by the time the mess is sorted we’ll probably be in a period of massive growth!
There are empty warehouses, offices, shops and new builds all over the country at the moment. Any of these new food places that seem to pop up every 5 minutes do well to last a year or two.

This talk of £20m is fantasy in the current landscape. Without the spiralling cost of actually getting anything built.
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #38741 on: March 31, 2023, 15:57:38 pm »

Only in your head  Kiss

That is where erotic lives my darling.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
guest3574

« Reply #38742 on: March 31, 2023, 16:01:41 pm »

That is where erotic lives my darling.
Sexist!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #38743 on: March 31, 2023, 17:19:20 pm »

If you look around warehouse, office and housing projects…along with house sales, there cannot be a worse time to look at that land as a golden egg. Mind you, by the time the mess is sorted we’ll probably be in a period of massive growth!
There are empty warehouses, offices, shops and new builds all over the country at the moment. Any of these new food places that seem to pop up every 5 minutes do well to last a year or two.

This talk of £20m is fantasy in the current landscape. Without the spiralling cost of actually getting anything built.

Concrete is now the second most used commodity in The World after water.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #38744 on: March 31, 2023, 18:13:54 pm »

Coffee.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #38745 on: March 31, 2023, 18:40:25 pm »

Coffee.

That's my number one. I need at least three mugs in the morning just to be able to put my socks on.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #38746 on: March 31, 2023, 19:01:12 pm »

That's my number one. I need at least three mugs in the morning just to be able to put my socks on.

Pau Barrabeitg would be happy to hoist your undergarments for you.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #38747 on: March 31, 2023, 19:19:53 pm »

I wish the Cobblers all the very best against Stevenage,  Jon has been one of the very best managers I've seen at Sixfields.
But... What an awful thought of him being hounded out after a few l1 defeats due to being unable to compete because our small budget makes us unable to maximise earnings potential due to our tiny antiquated ground..

It's a vicious circle we can't or even try escape.. I can't even bother going despite the offer of a free ticket as we all know the exceptional work by Jon and his players will be wasted as relegation is almost a certainty in the first or 2nd  L1 season..

But the same folk who hounded out all the other managers will, as sure as eggs are eggs, turn on Jon, if he is still here, demanding 'why can't we compete at L1 level' as posh /Oxford/ MK give us another footballing lesson.. Secretly they know why and are in many ways to blame for not standing up for and protecting the long term interests of NTFC over that of land speculators only here to aquire 23 acres for their pension pots.
10 boxes in a tiny rusting stand,  on it's own Is not going to advance our club out of L2 and help us to retain L1 status allowing us to challenge at that level..

I just don’t buy that the size of our stadium almost guarantees relegation from league 1, as statistically the evidence doesn’t back this up. This season Burton, Fleetwood and Cheltenham all look likely to stay up despite average attendances is 3,241 3,412 and 4,348 respectively and although they will be relegated this year Accrington have stayed in league 1 for 5 years while having the lowest attendances of less than three thousand. When we last went down in 20/21 we were one of three teams relegated that weren’t in the bottom four places for average attendances.

When we have been in league one it’s not like we’ve been turning away fans week in week out. Would it be nice to have a bigger ground to maximise revenue? yes, but it it likely that if we had a bigger ground it would significantly effect our competitiveness? no. We saw what happened the last time we had a ‘very competitive budget’ in league with the Chinese investment, we were relegated.

Our relegations from league one have not been because of a 7,800 capacity stadium but through underachievement.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38748 on: March 31, 2023, 19:21:29 pm »

Pau Barrabeitg would be happy to hoist your undergarments for you.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #38749 on: March 31, 2023, 20:03:14 pm »

I just don’t buy that the size of our stadium almost guarantees relegation from league 1, as statistically the evidence doesn’t back this up. This season Burton, Fleetwood and Cheltenham all look likely to stay up despite average attendances is 3,241 3,412 and 4,348 respectively and although they will be relegated this year Accrington have stayed in league 1 for 5 years while having the lowest attendances of less than three thousand. When we last went down in 20/21 we were one of three teams relegated that weren’t in the bottom four places for average attendances.

When we have been in league one it’s not like we’ve been turning away fans week in week out. Would it be nice to have a bigger ground to maximise revenue? yes, but it it likely that if we had a bigger ground it would significantly effect our competitiveness? no. We saw what happened the last time we had a ‘very competitive budget’ in league with the Chinese investment, we were relegated.

Our relegations from league one have not been because of a 7,800 capacity stadium but through underachievement.

Incompetence, lack of ambition and poor leadership more likely.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38750 on: March 31, 2023, 21:13:19 pm »

You’re irrefutably right.  But you my friend (like so many others) are piśsing in the wind. His oxygen is not facts. It is attention. You’re not in a debate, where reasoned exchanges are the norm. You are cannon fodder to a troll.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3578

« Reply #38751 on: March 31, 2023, 21:22:29 pm »

I have it on good authority, that someone who is about to win the lottery may make all of this thread irrelevant.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38752 on: March 31, 2023, 22:29:23 pm »

Losing several hundred thousand in lost revenues per league 1 seasons have been a kick in the ball for our clubs hopes.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38753 on: March 31, 2023, 22:36:18 pm »

980k per acre x 23, do the maths....There are no empty warehouses in our area..On line shopping dictates a central distribution hub..
Lets all demand a fair share or forever regret..
We are walking into a nightmare situation where ntfc will be yet again, rinsed hard.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #38754 on: April 01, 2023, 08:15:45 am »

Isn't concrete a composite of commodities - including water?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #38755 on: April 01, 2023, 08:45:36 am »

Losing several hundred thousand in lost revenues per league 1 seasons have been a kick in the ball for our clubs hopes.
Morning Dopey, I’ve another cut and paste treat for you. Have a look down this list and note the average attendance and also note the column that lists how many times we sold out for each season in league 1. Can you clarify how we lost “several hundred thousand”? I’m sure there’s a convincing reason but the sceptic in me thinks it’s probably more bóllocks.
Thank you in advance.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/northampton-town/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/1302
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #38756 on: April 01, 2023, 08:54:11 am »

Morning Dopey, I’ve another cut and paste treat for you. Have a look down this list and note the average attendance and also note the column that lists how many times we sold out for each season in league 1. Can you clarify how we lost “several hundred thousand”? I’m sure there’s a convincing reason but the sceptic in me thinks it’s probably more bóllocks.
Thank you in advance.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/northampton-town/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/1302

Just stop engaging with the troll.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #38757 on: April 01, 2023, 09:28:57 am »

Just stop engaging with the troll.
No fun in that Sing.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #38758 on: April 01, 2023, 11:44:36 am »

No fun in that Sing.

It makes my finger ache with all that scrolling past his inane babble.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38759 on: April 01, 2023, 11:59:21 am »

Agreeing with him and asking for further guidance and leadership appears to engage his ignore mode  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: