The Hotel End
February 24, 2024, 15:29:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 [2091] 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 ... 2149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1799535 times)
FezNTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #41800 on: December 08, 2023, 10:45:36 am »

Perhaps if you are unhappy with the response itís because you didnít express your views in the most productive manner. Pressure groups and lobbyists seem very common in the democratic process, some have been spectacularly successful even if it has taken a number of years for their activities to bear fruit. I think you underestimate the effectiveness of this approach, it may yet turn out to be the most likely way to instigate change. Still, with you working on the inside and others working on the outside we can perhaps return the Trust to the organisation it once was. Good luck with it.
I can't apologise for being blunt about the situation or spelling out the reality of a course of inaction.

At the end of the day, in a democratic process, doesn't it all end up with someone having to stand for election?  Grin Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41801 on: December 08, 2023, 10:52:23 am »

I can't apologise for being blunt about the situation or spelling out the reality of a course of inaction.

At the end of the day, in a democratic process, doesn't it all end up with someone having to stand for election?  Grin Wink

It does, but those who choose not to stand are not eliminated from communicating their views or protesting if that is their decision.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #41802 on: December 08, 2023, 10:52:35 am »

Maybe that was because KT said that if the Trust wanted a seat on the board then, in his words, "It was a deal breaker"

Is that documented?
Was there any noise at the time?
What was his reasoning?
The only distant memory is that someone on the Trust signed the fated loan off, although again it was a long time ago.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #41803 on: December 08, 2023, 10:53:24 am »

It does, but those who choose not to stand are not eliminated from communicating their views or protesting if that is their decision.
I know. Have I ever indicated this isn't the case?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41804 on: December 08, 2023, 10:55:50 am »

Maybe that was because KT said that if the Trust wanted a seat on the board then, in his words, "It was a deal breaker"

While I'm posting, so Dale (Melbourne) are you saying that Tom Cliffe is just a puppet with no say or influence Huh???
If you recall Rog I was one of those who stuck up for the Trust board member who sat on the board of the club during the Cardoza fiasco. The poor sod would have been shown nothing and told nothing it would have all been a bolt from the blue. Which illustrates my point.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41805 on: December 08, 2023, 10:59:17 am »

I know. Have I ever indicated this isn't the case?
Well letís just say the following isnít a ringing endorsement or a seal of approval.
ďYou all waste countless hours on here moaning - fill in a paper form, stand for the board and change it. It will take up less of your f***ing timeĒ.
Report Spam   Logged

FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #41806 on: December 08, 2023, 11:08:59 am »

Well letís just say the following isnít a ringing endorsement or a seal of approval.
ďYou all waste countless hours on here moaning - fill in a paper form, stand for the board and change it. It will take up less of your f***ing timeĒ.
Of course you're entitled to moan. I'm pointing out that we've clearly reached the point, and we reached it long ago, where continuing to moan ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING unless there's a change of personnel.

It's not a binary argument. I support your right to criticise, but can also point out that you choosing to do that but nothing else beyond it isn't going to result in the change you want any time soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #41807 on: December 08, 2023, 11:13:35 am »

Is that documented?
Was there any noise at the time?
What was his reasoning?

It's not documented as it was said to myself and another former Trust board member when we met him before he bought the club. We weren't happy about the situation but he said he was going to finish the stand so we did what we thought was best for NTFC. He said they never held "formal" board meetings just zoom calls.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41808 on: December 08, 2023, 11:15:03 am »

Of course you're entitled to moan. I'm pointing out that we've clearly reached the point, and we reached it long ago, where continuing to moan ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING unless there's a change of personnel.

It's not a binary argument. I support your right to criticise, but can also point out that you choosing to do that but nothing else beyond it isn't going to result in the change you want any time soon.

ďIsnít going to change anything, in my opinionĒ, you missed a bit. It seems arrogance isnít the sole attribute of myself and Tel. In any event perhaps things have changed more than you imagine, believe it or not, not everyone discloses everything they know on here.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3649

« Reply #41809 on: December 08, 2023, 11:18:30 am »

The Trust board is not the trust, the trust is its members! I have repeatedly asked the question "when was the last time the membership was asked what they want from the trust" Derek or whoever posts as Duston Cobbler has pointedly ignored that question, why? Is it because they don't know or don't care what the membership wants or thinks? I think there is a disconnect between the board and the membership, that's dangerous and undemocratic. And no, I have no interest in standing for election, so sit on that argument! I want a trust that represents my views......... Is that too much to ask for? Again this is my opinion
Re the question, there are a few ex trust board members on here, do they know the answer?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #41810 on: December 08, 2023, 11:28:59 am »

ďIsnít going to change anything, in my opinionĒ, you missed a bit. It seems arrogance isnít the sole attribute of myself and Tel. In any event perhaps things have changed more than you imagine, believe it or not, not everyone discloses everything they know on here.
This is an internet forum for debate, I was under the assumption that everyone knew that people's posts were their own opinion? How on earth does that make me arrogant?

You seem to want an argument. I don't, so I'm happy to leave it there.
Report Spam   Logged
Gustavo Palcrice

In past I vote Spinoza now it is Tory.

View Profile
« Reply #41811 on: December 08, 2023, 11:34:21 am »

My name is in the hat. Any Kobblerz fans get ye down the DutchPot Satdee, cheap rum for ye.
Report Spam   Logged

There was a broken part now it fixed.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #41812 on: December 08, 2023, 11:36:06 am »

The Trust board is not the trust, the trust is its members! I have repeatedly asked the question "when was the last time the membership was asked what they want from the trust" Derek or whoever posts as Duston Cobbler has pointedly ignored that question, why? Is it because they don't know or don't care what the membership wants or thinks? I think there is a disconnect between the board and the membership, that's dangerous and undemocratic. And no, I have no interest in standing for election, so sit on that argument! I want a trust that represents my views......... Is that too much to ask for? Again this is my opinion
Re the question, there are a few ex trust board members on here, do they know the answer?
I agree, we need a Trust more than ever, as a democratic body and where possible you should always ask the members, but sometimes thatís just not possible and someone has to make a decision, donít forget a Camel is a Horse by designed by committee.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41813 on: December 08, 2023, 11:36:25 am »

With all due respect Melbourne, Terry, you have completely misunderstood the point I'm trying to make.

I haven't misunderstood anything. It's as clear as daylight, that you made a suggestion that anyone who did not agree with Trust, should in turn join the Trust to engineer a difference. Leaving it absolutely appropriate for me to list the reasons why I don't see it as a viable option. What did you want, just a no thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3649

« Reply #41814 on: December 08, 2023, 11:36:30 am »

This is an internet forum for debate, I was under the assumption that everyone knew that people's posts were their own opinion? How on earth does that make me arrogant?

Do you know the answer to my question?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3649

« Reply #41815 on: December 08, 2023, 11:39:39 am »

I agree, we need a Trust more than ever, as a democratic body and where possible you should always ask the members, but sometimes thatís just not possible and someone has to make a decision, donít forget a Camel is a Horse by designed by committee.
Most of the membership have email addresses, the trust is able to send out a monthly newsletter via email, what's to stop them sending out a short questionnaire along with it? I would like an open and democratic trust, it isn't that at present in my opinion
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41816 on: December 08, 2023, 11:43:15 am »

Itís not an argument, you just didnít give an opinion you gave a lecture. No problem with that, but donít pretend it was something it wasnít.
Report Spam   Logged

FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #41817 on: December 08, 2023, 11:44:06 am »

Do you know the answer to my question?
Assuming this is the question: When was the last time the membership was asked what they want from the trust?

The answer: Probably a long time ago. Agree that regular surveys and sense checks with supporters would be beneficial.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #41818 on: December 08, 2023, 11:46:00 am »

Most of the membership have email addresses, the trust is able to send out a monthly newsletter via email, what's to stop them sending out a short questionnaire along with it? I would like an open and democratic trust, it isn't that at present in my opinion
Yep, I agree, I actually think we as supporters could make a difference that way.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41819 on: December 08, 2023, 11:48:38 am »

True, but I know you would agree the would always be an appropriate open conduit for communication without suppression, particularly that of a covert nature. I happen to believe if you choose to put on the hat you always wear it, the responsibility and accountability goes with the position. The last bit is solely my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 [2091] 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 ... 2149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: