The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 22:38:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Official Liverpool Thread

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Liverpool Thread  (Read 24792 times)
DustCobb

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #560 on: September 22, 2010, 10:53:34 am »

My honest opinion is that if we had a bigger stadium our attendances would only increase by 1,000 at best. Winning games brings more fans in, simple. People ain't going to suddenly start going because we have a bigger stadium. The difference with Hull was they had some money behind them and were clearly going places.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2010, 11:24:31 am »

Precisely! Bring in better players, win games, crowds increase, demand for space increases, build up ground, invest further in players, win more games etc etc.
This is the Wigan and Hull approach...lots of money invested in both team and ground in tandem... Success followed!
The Oxford and Darlington approach of invest in ground only brought a somewhat less successful outcome!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Sid

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #562 on: September 22, 2010, 11:29:23 am »

Right back to the thread's title. Liverpool v. Northampton.

About to get going! COOOOMMMMMMMMMEEE OOOOOONNNN TEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYNNNNN!

(Is it ok to get excited about this match? Yes? Good) Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Cobblers Fans Team Skipper and forever NTFC.

"Ooooohhh Abdul Osman, He's got a big coc...." hhmm?? What d'ya mean they aren't the words?? Grin
DustCobb

« Reply #563 on: September 22, 2010, 11:33:14 am »

On the 606 site...the Liverpool fans are discussing if Torres start tonight....one of them says...

comment by Bozz (U14475760)
posted 1 Hour Ago

probably not against a team where players may try and make a name for themselves by injuring him. I'd "protect the player" in this instance

I don't think any player would really want to make a name of themselves by doing that!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #564 on: September 22, 2010, 11:42:48 am »

On the 606 site...the Liverpool fans are discussing if Torres start tonight....one of them says...

I don't think any player would really want to make a name of themselves by doing that!!!!

they would have to get near him first, best chance would be in the tunnel pre game.

we had better not play guinan then for the same reason
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #565 on: September 22, 2010, 11:50:22 am »

they would have to get near him first, best chance would be in the tunnel pre game.

we had better not play guinan then for the same reason

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #566 on: September 22, 2010, 12:41:01 pm »

Talking to a guy at work today, mentioned I was taking the grandson to Anfield tonight. He has a young 4 year old boy and is looking forward to taking him to football "probably" at Milton Keynes. That's what you get when you have the facilities.

As for our attendance, what you can be certain of is that if this had been a Saturday game, the 6,000 tickets Liverpool sent us wouldn't have been nearly enough.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: September 22, 2010, 14:53:12 pm »

Oi!! Hurry up you! Me and your bro are gonna meet you later!
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: September 22, 2010, 16:25:50 pm »

On my way. Come on Cobblers!
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Air-Dan

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 22, 2010, 17:21:25 pm »

Anybody not going found a live stream? I'm searching frantically but can't seem to find one. Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #570 on: September 22, 2010, 17:34:04 pm »

If you're not in Northamptonshire or Merseyside it's going to be Cobblers World I guess.

EDIT: Unless you mean TV, in which case they'll probably not have one going as no-one is there to show it.

Also, from RAWK

Just seen on Central News a small interview with Roy.

"They are a young team, who run round a lot so we'll be under some pressure".

Jesus wept

They really don't like Hodgson's appointment. Finding any excuse to have a go at him.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 17:36:43 pm by Welly Cobb » Report Spam   Logged
Air-Dan

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 22, 2010, 17:38:01 pm »

EDIT: Unless you mean TV, in which case they'll probably not have one going as no-one is there to show it.

I meant TV, but Radio will do, I suppose, as long as Cobblers world has radio Northampton playing. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2010, 17:43:59 pm »

At least it isnt just me tonight Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #573 on: September 22, 2010, 23:54:56 pm »

You didn't go Tyler!!!!!  I'm gutted for you.  Boy Bingers was crying at the end.  On the way in, I asked him if he wanted a Liverpool scarf or flag and he said no way.  Little Boy Bingers didn't really comprehand at any point that we might get a tonking and was always convinced that we would score again.  My little darlings, I going to write my wife out of the inheritance and give it all to them, they made me so proud tonight.

Although, when the first penalty didn't go in, the younger was nearly crying because he thought we'd miss all of them and Liverpool would score all of theirs.  Soon cheered up though.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
guest49

« Reply #574 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:31 am »

If we are louder than the kop I'll run naked down Abington Street on a Saturday lunchtime...

Is it this Saturday Banana? We should get the Chron there. 
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #575 on: September 23, 2010, 09:56:06 am »

Can we let him off, otherwise he might have to drop "banana" from his name.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #576 on: September 23, 2010, 10:01:56 am »

Can we let him off, otherwise he might have to drop "banana" from his name.  Grin

I dunno, we could rename him 'fun size' 
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #577 on: September 23, 2010, 14:58:38 pm »

Banana is conspicuous by his absence today. Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: