The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:43:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

This Season...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Season...  (Read 5802 times)
MCHammer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2010, 21:50:43 pm »

They probably have about as much idea of Slowe as they do of Bebe!

There was brief moment of shock around the crowd today as he came on to make his debut!!!!

Until the Aldershot announcer realised his mistake and it was actually Harris.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2010, 21:52:12 pm »

There was brief moment of shock around the crowd today as he came on to make his debut!!!!

Until the Aldershot announcer realised his mistake and it was actually Harris.
sounded like the announcer f***ed up a few times
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
TbananaG

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2010, 12:35:09 pm »

The announcer was hilarious - worse for young Alistair was probably to be announced as Alexandria Slowe as the teams were read out before the game.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2010, 12:37:58 pm »

sounded like the announcer f***ed up a few times

He did make a few errs - in comparison even our sixfields announcer would have  sounded perfect.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
abington_cobbler

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »

He did make a few errs - in comparison even our sixfields announcer would have  sounded perfect.

Talking of the Sixfields announcer, he needs to learn how to talk into a microphone because I can never understand a f***ing word he says because its all muffled!
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2010, 12:57:31 pm »

Talking of the Sixfields announcer, he needs to learn how to talk into a microphone because I can never understand a f***ing word he says because its all muffled!

Is it him or our PA system
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2010, 18:37:52 pm »

Is anyone else slightly concerned about our terrible start to the season, we are only 4 games in and are already 9 points off top spot and showing no signs of winning in the league. Ok we have a good Carling Cup draw to look forward to which will create a bit of income to the club but were still lying 19th and haven’t won a league game this season.

Our chances of being promoted are fading week by week and with the likes of Thornton leaving this summer, where will we be left? Despite having one of the larger budgets in league 2 Sampson has done nothing but disappoint in the summer transfer window, he gave Bayo a deadline to agree his deal to allow him a chance to land a striker that he feels good enough to score goals in this league which he hasn’t been able to do. He has repeatedly made mistakes in selecting the starting line up and has even admitted this himself.

Cardoza has confirmed that there is no money to be made in this league and he wants out of it as soon as possible, we are not going to be able to achieve this with the current squad and management strategies. I am starting to fear for the future of this club, with no money to spend and key players leaving next summer we are on a downward spiral. I know we are never going to be Championship level but we are slowly sliding closer and closer to non league football…

Is anyone else worried yet? A lot of you seemed to think there wasn't an issue 3 weeks ago, what about now? 
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2010, 18:58:24 pm »

Is anyone else worried yet? A lot of you seemed to think there wasn't an issue 3 weeks ago, what about now? 
]

When there are still 117 points to play for, and we aren't even out of September yet...no I am not worried.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2010, 19:10:44 pm »

A lot can change in a short space of time in football. I maintain that we've got a squad largely consisting of talented, but inexperienced and naive players, and as such, inconsistency is to be expected. Once they have a bit more experience under their belts and a few more pieces of the jigsaw have been added (which often happens mid-season, as it did last season with the additions of Thornton, Johnson and Gilbert), we have a squad that can pull up a few trees in this division and produce a few more Reading performances. Not overly concerned yet.
Report Spam   Logged

STEVIEG

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2010, 19:30:23 pm »

i personally am worried about where we will finish up this season. Had we not gone on this mini cup run and drawn liverpool then i think alot more people would started getting fed up with how things are going.

i can only see the slide continuing im afraid, with a relegation battle to look forward to come the spring.

i hope im wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2010, 20:01:38 pm »

I'm surprised you are worried after all you would rather have your day out on wednesday than getting three points today.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2010, 20:16:29 pm »

Question: Is Sammo getting more slack from us because he was a Cobblers legend?  Imagine if Fenwick or Gray had made some of these decisions....
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2010, 20:34:59 pm »

Question: Is Sammo getting more slack from us because he was a Cobblers legend?  Imagine if Fenwick or Gray had made some of these decisions....

Yes. Another manager would be getting absolutely slated by now.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2010, 20:44:24 pm »

Does Cardoza ever, ever learn.  Putting managers on long contracts in lower league football is a stupid idea.  I would now start to seriously question Crosby's part in this debacle.  Either he is giving Sammo daft advice or Sammo is not listening to some sensible advice.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2010, 20:51:14 pm »

I would now start to seriously question Crosby's part in this debacle.  Either he is giving Sammo daft advice or Sammo is not listening to some sensible advice.

it's the big dollar question. and why aren't we getting loan players from spurs or boro? Jansen, jonno and steele have proved popular choices for all concerned. why haven't we got a CB from one of these clubs? is it not a bit strange that we are suddenly f***ed on the loan front? where are our loan players? it's like one extreme to another...what a terrible day. s***.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2010, 20:53:10 pm »

Is it down to the fact the we are able to pay 0% of the wages and we expect the parent club to pick up the whole tab??
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2010, 21:09:21 pm »

I don't know. no one tells the friggin truth around here!
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2010, 21:13:57 pm »

Sammo def gets more slack because he is a club legend, personally i'm willing to give him more slack than i would other managers because of his status with the club. We are all willing him to lead us to success because its the perfect scenario, club legend turns around clubs fortunes etc

IMO mid table at best this season.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2010, 21:18:02 pm »

Im trying to retain some optimism after todays pre-Liverpool jolly. But Im struggling. The only comfort that I can find is that after the Hereford shocker last season (today was the worst we have played since then that I've seen and I've seen most) we only lost 2 from the next 22 matches.

Footballs a funny ole game I keep telling myself. I wont be there next Saturday though, Im doing the 3 peak challenge. I will stick the link on another section of this website for anybody interested in sponsoring me. I will be in a minibus between Ben Nevis and Scaffold whats it called come 3pm. Thank God.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2010, 21:20:28 pm »

Fcuking Cobblers........ Look what you've done to him...

Come to Daddy.........

Do i follow the light? do i daddy? do i?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: