The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:11:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Snedker

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snedker  (Read 5173 times)
Alfred

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 18:29:47 pm »

Better than what ..... being released to sign for a new club and play 1st team football ??

Only time will tell if this is the right move ..... none of us know what will happen but history suggests he wont get back into league football
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 18:49:56 pm »

Professional football is a hard and a very subjective world.
If he is good enough he will reappear somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 19:44:24 pm »

Another one bites the dust.... who next Hornby? maybe even Toney..... Grin

Granted we maybe on the look out for a replacement for Duke in the summer but its a very strange time of season to release a cheap home grown youngster for a 30 yr old keeper who may not play a game this season.

There will be plenty of keepers available this summer i just hope somebody points CW in the direction of Lee Nicholls or Mark Bunn.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 20:01:38 pm »

Jalal has plenty of experience and I think we can all mostly agree the gk area is a position that needs strengthening. Fine with this personally.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 20:12:45 pm »

Surprised Snedker was not kept on for this development squad

Me too. I've seen him play, perhaps a dozen times, and I thought he had a bright future. I was certainly comfortable with the thought of him coming on from the bench. Very strange timing, too.
As for Jahal... well, hardly been a prolific starter, has he?
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 20:24:35 pm »

Strange decision for me, especially at this time of the season. Not sure what we really gain in the fringe positions by replacing Moyo and Snedker with Bodin and Jalal who for me offer little more if anything in the short term and would be dissapointed if they we're still here come the end of the season. As for Archer I could see signing him turning into a disaster, I don't think it would be a popular signing after a poor loan spell and I don't think it would take much for the fans to get on his back and if he had a bad spell his confidence could be shot very quickly.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 20:34:50 pm »

Bodin and Jalal must have the same agent as Wilder..  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 20:49:12 pm »

Don't forget that Snedker has been recalled from loan twice this season just to keep the bench warm. I imagine it might be him that's asked to be released so he can play football.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 02:18:39 am »

Don't forget that Snedker has been recalled from loan twice this season just to keep the bench warm. I imagine it might be him that's asked to be released so he can play football.

Of course that's the reason. It amazes me how many times on here people go off on one about decisions made by the club when it's perfectly clear the decision was prompted by the player who in this case wishes to be playing regular first team football.
Report Spam   Logged

Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 05:57:16 am »

Archer wont be coming back ..... there was a "another" reason he was sent back early ..... and it wasn't because he was toilet  ... which of course he was
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:52 am »

Of course that's the reason.

Agreed. Wilder is as capable as the rest of us of seeing that Snedker was more than adequate back-up and a good, cheap option as cover. However if the guy wants out, and Wilder doesn't see him as a current or future number one, making him stay only serves to p!ss him off.

Decision is made a even easier if you have someone ready to step in and keep the bench warm for the rest of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 08:57:24 am »

Jordan Archer = Black Chris Dunn  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
TbananaG

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 09:04:34 am »

It's sad about Snedker - always been impressed by Jalal when I've seen him play.
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 09:47:05 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong on this - but if at the end of the season we were to have offered Snedker terms that were higher than what he is on now and he was to have signed for another club would we have got compensation as he is one of our own?

Purely out of interest, I'm not bothered by his release, quite what so many fans have managed to see in him by watching him catch the ball for 10 minutes each week is beyond me!
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 10:29:18 am »

It's sad about Snedker - always been impressed by Jalal when I've seen him play.

you've done well to see him, he has hardly played in the last 5/6 years
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 10:50:49 am »

I know I've seen him because I remember being intrigued by the name - maybe for Bournemouth in their (very recent!) bottom of L2 days.
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:40 am »

I wish young Dean all the very best but you have to feel he had been given time and does not look like he will make the grade. I hope I'm wrong but he hasn't forced his way in as Bunn and Dunn did.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 13:27:22 pm »

Dunn hardly forced his way in. That was Grays first mistake in not getting a keeper signed to replace Bunn
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 15:55:49 pm »

So basically, Duke is off at the end of the season, Snedker was deemed not suitable to be first choice and opted to go elsewhere, so they've signed Jalal as a sort of extended trial.

I for one I am suprised at this, I have seen him a few times and thought he was a good 'keeper, I can remember him comming on, his first job was to face a penalty, which he saved !
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 16:09:04 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong on this - but if at the end of the season we were to have offered Snedker terms that were higher than what he is on now and he was to have signed for another club would we have got compensation as he is one of our own?

Purely out of interest, I'm not bothered by his release, quite what so many fans have managed to see in him by watching him catch the ball for 10 minutes each week is beyond me!

Technically correct and I like your angle but the benefits of doing so would probably be negligible.

Fee would be decided by tribunal as this pre-dates EPPP.  Amount for a player with as little experience as he has (notwithstanding his 2 minutes for England U19's) is likely to be incredibly small.

But who would actually pay this small fee for him anyway?  Even if it's £10,000 it's going to take teams like Brackley and Carshalton out of the equation.   

Most likely outcome is you get stuck with a player you don't want who wants to play elsewhere and you've just given him a pay raise.  Tongue

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: