The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:16:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fleetwood

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fleetwood  (Read 7938 times)
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2012, 21:13:52 pm »

Having watched McNulty umpteen times last year, we made him look good. Don't get me wrong, he's clever enough to realise he's a fat fecker and uses his noodle to get him out of trouble - he anticipates play well. But pace scares him to death, hence my comment about replacing Platt. It amazes me AB hadn't done his homework on this fact.

We had no plan B once East went. Yes, the ref was a sack of $hite but the only plan we had was to defend. When we did have the ball we couldn't hold on to it.
We had no Plan B except for the plan B we used ie defending. Sorry mate but youve talked yourself into gobbledeguk there.
However I kind of agree with you about pace on McNulty.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2012, 07:56:49 am »

Well having not seen the game I think their managers comments on the sending off "I had a good veiw and there didnt seem much contact if any" and his actions of withdrawing a player he felt was lucky to still be on the pitch tells me all I need to know.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2012, 08:41:00 am »

Guys...we are only 6 games into the season! I agree that Platt is struggling at the moment but it is very early doors. Saturday he was very poor, make no mistake. But...and it's a big but...we dont know the precise reasons why. AB is no mug...well at least I don't think he is. This week we have 2 more matches and im pretty sure that providing he has the options he will mix things up a little up top. Given the circumstances, ie a completely new team, we have started fairly well and with a little more luck and concentration we could easily be in the top6.

2 big games this week...I'm hoping for at least 3 points and ideally 4. 6 would be a bonus. I will assess the team AND Platt
in my own mind after we've played 10 matches.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2012, 10:20:22 am »

Guys...we are only 6 games into the season! I agree that Platt is struggling at the moment but it is very early doors. Saturday he was very poor, make no mistake. But...and it's a big but...we dont know the precise reasons why. AB is no mug...well at least I don't think he is. This week we have 2 more matches and im pretty sure that providing he has the options he will mix things up a little up top. Given the circumstances, ie a completely new team, we have started fairly well and with a little more luck and concentration we could easily be in the top6.

2 big games this week...I'm hoping for at least 3 points and ideally 4. 6 would be a bonus. I will assess the team AND Platt
in my own mind after we've played 10 matches.

Oh no not a judge us in 10 games!

....but seriously, good post from the voice of reason
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2012, 11:42:03 am »

He would have got sent off anyway!  Roll Eyes Undecided

Totally agree, this was not a game for Bayo, the ref was not tolerant of any type of fould esp when it involved larger players, Parking being subbed very early the proof, if any was needed, Bayo would have acquired two yellos without even making a foul based on how cards were being issued.

Not commented on the game here yet but 0-0 in my view would have been a very fair result, but we were unlucky and conceeded in a late piece of silliness.

That said I enjoyed watching the games despite the result.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2012, 17:00:58 pm »

Totally agree, this was not a game for Bayo, the ref was not tolerant of any type of fould esp when it involved larger players, Parking being subbed very early the proof, if any was needed, Bayo would have acquired two yellos without even making a foul based on how cards were being issued.

Not commented on the game here yet but 0-0 in my view would have been a very fair result, but we were unlucky and conceeded in a late piece of silliness.

That said I enjoyed watching the games despite the result.

how opinions differ - FT deserved their victory but it took them 93 mins to do it. We defended very well thru' out. The sending off made the difference. If we had Carlisle playing we probably would not have lost Sad What did it for us was Platts poor performance up front. If he plays like that again he will be booed make no mistake on that.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
County Cobbler

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2012, 17:58:10 pm »

The first few games Platt has set up or been involved with many of our goals. The last 3 games he has not performed well enough BUT everbrite to start booing is ridiculous. I suggest if that is your way of supporting our team you f*ck off!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 19:05:37 pm »

I thought Lee Nichols booking was harsh ,yes he was waisting time but there were no ballboys behind either goal ,so when the ball went out for a goal kick he had to fetch it .If Fleetwood had supplied ballboys then a booking would have been fair enough but its not his job to fetch the ball ,he's a player not a bl**dy ballboy,did anyone expect him to be running to get the ball when we were down to 10 men  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2012, 19:45:54 pm »

Watching York concede at the weekend anyone else notice the oil tanker that was Clarke Carlisle trying to turn and chase the opposition strikers who scored?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2012, 19:56:32 pm »

The first few games Platt has set up or been involved with many of our goals. The last 3 games he has not performed well enough BUT everbrite to start booing is ridiculous.

I never, el thicko; suggest that I would boo him. I merely suggested that he will probably be booed if he turns in another performance like he did on Saturday
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2012, 20:09:03 pm »

I thought Lee Nichols booking was harsh ,yes he was waisting time but there were no ballboys behind either goal ,so when the ball went out for a goal kick he had to fetch it .If Fleetwood had supplied ballboys then a booking would have been fair enough but its not his job to fetch the ball ,he's a player not a bl**dy ballboy,did anyone expect him to be running to get the ball when we were down to 10 men  Huh?
sorry but you are wrong there he actully threw the ball away when Fleetwood were given a corner & this after he was warned for time wasting
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2012, 20:13:35 pm »

We had no Plan B except for the plan B we used ie defending. Sorry mate but youve talked yourself into gobbledeguk there.
However I kind of agree with you about pace on McNulty.

Ha Smiley

I meant positive plan B.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2012, 21:17:27 pm »

sorry but you are wrong there he actully threw the ball away when Fleetwood were given a corner & this after he was warned for time wasting
But did they have any ballboys behind the goal ?
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2012, 21:32:45 pm »

Watching York concede at the weekend anyone else notice the oil tanker that was Clarke Carlisle trying to turn and chase the opposition strikers who scored?
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2012, 22:35:31 pm »

There's some right numpties on the fleetwood site. Talk about biased views! Very sad
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2012, 00:06:00 am »

after watching the highlights they really should change the name to Fleetwood Highlights..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2012, 20:58:09 pm »

To put it into some sort of context Fleetwood have only conceded 2 goals so far this season.

We must have really worn them out the other day, they conceded five tonight!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2012, 20:36:05 pm »

I thought I might retain a soft spot for Fleetwood after living there so long but after enduring their fans crowing on about how we only went for a draw, were cynical cheats, etc and how they "dicked us", I quietly was quietly glad they got mauled last night. They are the least knowledgable and blinkered bunch I've ever happened upon. If we got dicked then they were truly buttfukced last night. Ha! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2012, 21:09:11 pm »

First season in the League, a winning run and 3000 turn up. Same for all the new clubs: Daggers, Morecombe, Stevenage, Crawley. Bring back proper clubs: Wrexham, Grimsby,Lincoln, Luton.
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2012, 23:15:49 pm »

First season in the League, a winning run and 3000 turn up. Same for all the new clubs: Daggers, Morecombe, Stevenage, Crawley. Bring back proper clubs: Wrexham, Grimsby,Lincoln, Luton.
considering the population of fleetwood is only 28000,Accrington 33000,Morecombe 38000 & Dagenham has to contend with being on the doorstep of West Ham, & Stevenage & Crawley are both overspill towns their support isnt that bad. other than Luton the other 3 "proper clubs" as you call them arent that well supported   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: