The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 02:48:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Android....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Android....  (Read 1302 times)
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 02, 2010, 13:22:59 pm »

Anyone know of any good apps? Football related or other..  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

abington_cobbler

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 13:54:15 pm »

I'd love to know as well cuz i just ordered the sony ericsson X10 pro mini
Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 17:52:11 pm »

I don't use any football ones, not sure there's any worth having at the minute.

For general apps though, I would recommend:

touiteur  - For Twitter, if you use it.
Calwidget- for calendars
Android Agenda Widget - for calendars
3g Watchdog - keep tab of data usage
BatteryLife - battery widget
shazam - music recognition service (think it's limited to 5 tags per month now for free version)
Beautiful widgets - nice clocks and weather etc (have to pay about £1.50 for that though)

All the above should be fine on the X10mini. Some apps won't work on different android systems. The x10 runs 1.6 at the min, but there will be an update to 2.1 by the end of the year, then 2.2 after that.

Also, get a gmail account sorted. You'll need one to use the market (and you'll need it when you first turn the phone on). Avoid task killers - people will tell you to get them but they don't help at all.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 17:53:59 pm by Son Of Geoff » Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 20:56:23 pm »

I'd love to know as well cuz i just ordered the sony ericsson X10 pro mini

I have the x10 - not mini version and find FotMob app really useful for football live scores, live tables and latest news. + future fixtures. Great for half time viewing.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 14:00:05 pm »

Cheers for the help  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 16:35:56 pm »

I have the x10 - not mini version and find FotMob app really useful for football live scores, live tables and latest news. + future fixtures. Great for half time viewing.

Thanks for that, I am still trying to fins my way around the phone at the moment but will be looking at adding apps soon
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 16:41:22 pm »

I don't use any football ones, not sure there's any worth having at the minute.

For general apps though, I would recommend:

touiteur  - For Twitter, if you use it.
Calwidget- for calendars
Android Agenda Widget - for calendars
3g Watchdog - keep tab of data usage
BatteryLife - battery widget
shazam - music recognition service (think it's limited to 5 tags per month now for free version)
Beautiful widgets - nice clocks and weather etc (have to pay about £1.50 for that though)

All the above should be fine on the X10mini. Some apps won't work on different android systems. The x10 runs 1.6 at the min, but there will be an update to 2.1 by the end of the year, then 2.2 after that.

Also, get a gmail account sorted. You'll need one to use the market (and you'll need it when you first turn the phone on). Avoid task killers - people will tell you to get them but they don't help at all.

Thank you for your help, I cant work the phone out at the minute it's a case of trial and error. Its the first touch screen phone I have had and I keep looking for the normal keypad  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 19:20:35 pm »

Thank you for your help, I cant work the phone out at the minute it's a case of trial and error. Its the first touch screen phone I have had and I keep looking for the normal keypad  Grin
Good luck - I had one too and sent it back after 48 hours. Couldn't figure any of it out or get more than half a day from the battery. Swapped it for an HTC Desire and love it. Best phone I've had by miles. With any smart phone like these you almost have to have the mindset that you haven't bought a phone but a hand held laptop that makes calls!
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 20:42:33 pm »

Good luck - I had one too and sent it back after 48 hours. Couldn't figure any of it out or get more than half a day from the battery. Swapped it for an HTC Desire and love it. Best phone I've had by miles. With any smart phone like these you almost have to have the mindset that you haven't bought a phone but a hand held laptop that makes calls!

What phone did you send back Luton Cobbler
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 10:52:19 am »

What phone did you send back Luton Cobbler
I sent back the Sony Ericsson X10. Very glad I did. How do you get on with yours?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 15:24:26 pm »

I am having the same trouble with the battery, I charged it over night and turned it on at 9am, I was looking at available apps for about an hour, I left the phone alone for 3 hours then looked for more apps but by 5pm the battery was only on 5%. I am sending mine back as well
Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 15:31:11 pm »

The battery will take a little bit of breaking in, but it doesn't sound too good at the minute. If you're sending it back you should consider the HTC wildfire. Already running 2.1, and if it's not branded you'll be able to go up to 2.2 with an update.
Report Spam   Logged

Luton Cobbler

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 16:14:21 pm »

The battery will take a little bit of breaking in, but it doesn't sound too good at the minute. If you're sending it back you should consider the HTC wildfire. Already running 2.1, and if it's not branded you'll be able to go up to 2.2 with an update.
Agree. All of the HTC range get very good reviews. As previously mentioned I got the Desire and updated it to 2.2 on Vodafone
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 20:48:25 pm »

I sent back the Sony Ericsson X10. Very glad I did. How do you get on with yours?

Very well, in fact I love it, to quote -best device I have ever had.

Battery power seems to be fine with me however the sat nav is a drainer, plus I always have a second battery for those long and heavy phone use days.
Report Spam   Logged

Luton Cobbler

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 09:12:38 am »

Very well, in fact I love it, to quote -best device I have ever had.

Battery power seems to be fine with me however the sat nav is a drainer, plus I always have a second battery for those long and heavy phone use days.
Glad you like it - Interesting how we all see things differently. The most amazing thing for me was that there is no facility to send group texts. I run 3 teams in various sports and would have had to send out individual texts for everything
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 11:08:32 am »

Glad you like it - Interesting how we all see things differently. The most amazing thing for me was that there is no facility to send group texts. I run 3 teams in various sports and would have had to send out individual texts for everything

You can do that by starting a single text then adding numbers  - this starts a converstaion thread of which you can use to send to the group at any time.

Were you on the away coach on Sat by any chance?
Report Spam   Logged

Luton Cobbler

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 11:17:59 am »

You can do that by starting a single text then adding numbers  - this starts a converstaion thread of which you can use to send to the group at any time.

Were you on the away coach on Sat by any chance?
Yep, but you have to add each number individually. On HTC I write text add group and it sends to all recipients.

No I was watching Hitchin vs North Greenford!
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 11:20:28 am »

Yep, but you have to add each number individually. On HTC I write text add group and it sends to all recipients.

No I was watching Hitchin vs North Greenford!

You only need to add once though as then you can save it.

Ah just there was someone on coach who had a new HTC.

I guess as you said each phone can suit diff people - guess that is whay there are so many different types of phone
Report Spam   Logged

abington_cobbler

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 15:31:30 pm »

I sent the X10 mini back and exchanged it for the HTC Wildfire, the battery has already lasted longer than the X10 mini and is much easier to navigate around. I just need to find some good apps to download now
Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 20:03:13 pm »

Good move Abb Cob. HTC Sense makes all the difference so that'll explain why it's easier to navigate around. Enjoy it, it'll dick all over any other phones you've had.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: