The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:51:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC off pitch improvements thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC off pitch improvements thread  (Read 5561 times)
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 22:31:31 pm »

.....if you know it's ****e why did you buy it?

Oh and I'm sure on a diet of burgers you will remain your svelte 70 kilo boyish good looks

They weren't offering me a try before you buy option so I was unsure of the product I was getting.

I can confirm, my boyish goodlooks are still in tact.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 22:37:43 pm »

They weren't offering me a try before you buy option so I was unsure of the product I was getting.

I can confirm, my boyish goodlooks are still in tact.

I find that a look before you buy option usually works.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
MCFC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:42 am »

Catering

How they are still in the job is beyond me, some of the **** they serve is an embarrassment and disrespectful to the fans who deserve better.

I got a £4 burger the other day, utter ****. I came close to throwing it back at the overweight grease ball that served it to me

It´s the same EVERYWHERE..regardless of what stadium you visit  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 10:53:28 am »

I find that a look before you buy option usually works.

Oh I see I didn’t realise that was allowed.

Next time I will remember to ask them to get the product out the heater, remove it from it's packaging and let me inspect it before handing over my money.
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 10:54:53 am »

Just out of intrest how much does your average City ticket cost for an average home game?
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 10:59:57 am »

Except Dagenham - food and drink there was superb and a fraction the cost of Sixfields. Plenty of variety served by people who seemed to understand that half-time is only 20 minutes long!
Report Spam   Logged
MCFC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 11:02:00 am »

Just out of intrest how much does your average City ticket cost for an average home game?

On the average?..Hmm, let´s say about £25-30 if you got a season ticket and about £40 for a single ticket.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 11:54:25 am »

Except Dagenham - food and drink there was superb and a fraction the cost of Sixfields. Plenty of variety served by people who seemed to understand that half-time is only 20 minutes long!

It may seem that long having to watch the kids take penalties but i believe it to be a 15 minute turnaround, could be wrong however.  The big slide down the hill sounds hilarious. Perhaps set one up like the barclaycard advert to take you straight into the stand?
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »

If this is possible then your idea is  Grin

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2012/oct/10/london-lidoline-commuters-swim-work-canal?newsfeed=true

They could have a clear slide that the players slide down onto the pitch on. Talk about an entrance  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 12:29:50 pm »

On the average?..Hmm, let´s say about £25-30 if you got a season ticket and about £40 for a single ticket.

What do you reckon to £20 for Northampton Town V Exeter City?
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2012, 12:36:14 pm »

Difficult for clubs to go ahead the grain in terms of ticket pricing. There needs to be a ticket price cap accross the board. Look at Germany where they are packing them in with sensible pricing.

I would think a good comprimise is to keep the prices below £20. I would then suggest a loyalty scheme in line with the "claret membership" whereby you get a reduction for how many games you buy tickets for.

i.e. Home games 1-5 £1,00 off, games 5-10 2.00 off, games 10-20 - £3.00 off, 20 games or more £5.00 off.

give or take a few quid.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
MCFC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 12:41:49 pm »

What do you reckon to £20 for Northampton Town V Exeter City?

Hmm, I know that many championship clubs sell their tickets at around £30..while Rangers that got demoted to the 4th tier in Scotland adjusted their tickets down to about £15.
So £20 might be a standard perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged
MCFC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 12:45:07 pm »

Not the usual stale pies or tasteless burgers for real?
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 12:48:56 pm »

It would also be a good idea to run cheap buses from the Town Centre (Drapery) to and from Sixfields after every match. This would A. Make it easy for the new fans to get to games B. Take fans that already use alternate means to cars to get to games. C. take away fans to the Ground.

Maybe leaving at 1.45, 2.00 and  2.15 and then post match at 4.55, 5.05, 5.15?
Report Spam   Logged

Elad

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 12:52:29 pm »

Not the usual stale pies or tasteless burgers for real?

If you look at morecambe they have got rave reviews for their pies. They sell them in Harrods now. Football fare is not complicated, you just do one or two things and do them well. I'd bin this Lindleys contract, look into selling something like foot long hot dogs. Couple of condiments and your away.

I find it puzzling that despite being only 10 mins away from the main carlsberg brewery we can't get a few of their beers served well.
Report Spam   Logged

DL2

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 13:06:38 pm »

The principle of a matchday bus to and from Sixfields from the Town centre is a good one imo but is not as simple as it appears.   I know from Cobblers Travel that the cost of even standard coaches/buses/minibus hire as increased substantially in the past couple of years so it may be that this could not compete on cost with the regular bus services to Sixfields from the town centre.  Personally I do think there could be scope for more transport for disabled supporters particularly as I believe there is increasing pressure on disabled parking spaces.

The Catering service .. Burton was another exemplar as good with choice and price as Daggers but we can go round and round in circles discussing this one to no effect while the contract with Linleys remains in place.  In fairness I understand Linleys have made some positive improvements behind the scenes it's just unfortunate these are not directly apparent to the customer.  I often think the club could be more transparent in news items about improvements behind the scenes as well as those directly involving match info.

On the subject of off-pitch development.  I understand good progress continues to be made but think the club are currently being very cautious about update announcements so as not to jump the gun as has happened in the past.  The Trust is hoping DC will be able to attend the Open Forum after the AGM on 8th November.  Perhaps an opportunity for people to ask questions regarding progress on all the above.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 13:53:04 pm »

It would also be a good idea to run cheap buses from the Town Centre (Drapery) to and from Sixfields after every match. This would A. Make it easy for the new fans to get to games B. Take fans that already use alternate means to cars to get to games. C. take away fans to the Ground.

Maybe leaving at 1.45, 2.00 and  2.15 and then post match at 4.55, 5.05, 5.15?

Stagecoach run buses from Greyfriars bus station. You can get the D1/D2/D3 (15 and 45 mins past each hour) from bay 12 that run to bus stop by Sixfields roundabout. The 22/22A (10 and 40 mins past the hour) from bay 14 that run to bus stop by the study centre on Edgar Mobbs way. The number 5 from bay 14 (56 and 26 mins past the hour) runs to bus stop by sainsburys. You can also get the 9/9A from bay 13 (every 10 mins) but you have to walk from lower down Weedon road. Ask for a day rider (£3.40 which is cheaper than official car parks) and you get unlimited travel on all stagecoach buses for the whole day so it is a reasonable price and allows you to drink  Wink
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 13:57:45 pm by abington_cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 15:40:00 pm »

Am I the only person who doesn't give a shyte about the sound system, the scoreboard, the food/food prices, the half time entertainment, the programme and all the other periferal nonsense that surrounds 'the match day experience'. As long as I see 11 players in Claret and white busting a gut for Northampton Town FC, then I'm happy. Relatively.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblers Till I Die

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 15:48:27 pm »

Am I the only person who doesn't give a shyte about the sound system, the scoreboard, the food/food prices, the half time entertainment, the programme and all the other periferal nonsense that surrounds 'the match day experience'. As long as I see 11 players in Claret and white busting a gut for Northampton Town FC, then I'm happy. Relatively.  Wink

i totally agree who gives a fcuk about off field stuff if u lot showed as much passion when it came to cheering the team on the atmosphere in the ground would be much better anyway the thing with a majority of Northamptonians is they like to moan about nothing. MORONS!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 16:30:51 pm »

Quite simple. Read another thread
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: