The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:18:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford FA cup game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford FA cup game.  (Read 9640 times)
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: October 30, 2012, 15:50:46 pm »

Bradford will be with out Luke Oliver who will miss the rest of the season after rupturing his Achilles tendon. We could have a couple off our injury list back and if we play with the same amount of fight and passion as we did last weekend I think we will win by the odd goal.
Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 16:19:20 pm »

The Bradford injury situation might even things up a bit, plus a bit of real passion returning to the team. I'm quite optimistic it'll be a good game.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 16:44:40 pm »

I'm quite expecting us to win this one because I've got a good weekend away lined up for the date of the 2nd round , if we lose ,so we are bound to win so I can't go .
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 20:57:14 pm »

I'm quite expecting us to win this one because I've got a good weekend away lined up for the date of the 2nd round , if we lose ,so we are bound to win so I can't go .

Same here, but away to Portsmouth would fit in very nicely.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 21:44:50 pm »

Bradford are in extra-time at Wigan. Tired legs for Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 22:01:08 pm »

I also thought I saw somewhere on twitter (from a Bradford fan) that Nakhi Wells had gone off injured?
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 22:01:16 pm »

Lets hope so. Understand Bradford have taken huge following there which will probably mean a good few do not bother on Saturday though
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 22:07:38 pm »

4000+ plus there tonight. Duke in goal.
Report Spam   Logged

IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 23:07:34 pm »

Having gone on and won on pens tonight (well done them) will they care as much about a result on Saturday. I would think not.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 23:09:50 pm by IwishIwasafly » Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 23:09:10 pm »

Over 5000 there tonight in a crowd of 11,000. Impressive!
Report Spam   Logged

Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 23:17:34 pm »

Having gone on and won on pens tonight (well done them) will they care as much about a result on Saturday. I would think not.
Wasn't our first game after the Anfield win vs Bradford? 
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 23:54:46 pm »

Wasn't our first game after the Anfield win vs Bradford? 

Yep, and we won it. I don't buy this whole "they've played extra time midweek so they'll be tired and it will work to our advantage" thing that you often hear bandied about, they're professional athletes, they should be able to play a one-off extra half hour without any real effects on their fitness, and the buzz they'll get from knocking out a Prem team on their own patch will more than compensate for any negative side-effects of the extra playing time. Saturday will be tough.
Report Spam   Logged

idlebantam

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 09:08:03 am »

Over 5000 there tonight in a crowd of 11,000. Impressive!

You wont be able to hear us on Saturday, we've all lost our voices after last night!!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 09:15:01 am »

You wont be able to hear us on Saturday, we've all lost our voices after last night!!

Good effort and well done, Prem club home or away next round or Leeds?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 09:25:18 am »

We're all hoping you won't have any reason to cheer anyway  Grin

Well done last night - always good to see a club like yours, with all you've gone through recently, turn over a Prem club. It's a good feeling that stay s with you for quite a while.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
idlebantam

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 09:35:12 am »

Good effort and well done, Prem club home or away next round or Leeds?  Wink

Anybody at home. Including this coming saturday, we have been drawn away in 6 out of 7 cup ties already this season in the 3 cup competitions. So it would be nice to reward the fans with a nice home tie. I think our chairmen might prefer an away tie to Arsenal though, to swell the coffers for a push for promotion, which of course is the priority.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 10:23:00 am »

Can't think of when we did the exact same thing....  Wink

We will beat Bradford on Saturday. They will have their minds elsewhere and like Vale they will probably think it will be an easy game.

It wasnt the most challenging game for them last week down here!
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:45 am »

There is no shame for Wigan as they lost to a bigger club  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 12:29:21 pm »

We'll beat braddy, there's no way they'll beat us twice at home..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:35:51 pm »

Quite often it's not the following game that the players will tire, but the one after that.  If we don't get to grips with Bradford's physical style (I never thought I would say that about a team managed by Aidy Boothroyd Grin) they'll beat us again.

I think we looked far more solid at the back on Saturday with the 5-3-2 formation, so hopefully that will make us more difficult for them to get through.

Congratulations to Bradford on their win last night as well, doing League Two proud Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: