The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:40:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Shrewsbury away...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrewsbury away...  (Read 4315 times)
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2010, 15:54:42 pm »

An improvement on last season though (!)
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2010, 15:57:12 pm »

It was a poor performance, but this is still one of the most difficult fixtures we'll be playing this year. Away against top-of-the-table opposition doesn't happen too often in a year. Shrewsbury coasted through the game, but this doesn't mean we're suddenly going to be propping up the table. A lot of worse teams out there we have had yet to play.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2010, 15:59:26 pm »

agree with everyone we have no chance of going up or eveb getting anywhere near the playoffs..lower half of the table me thinks
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2010, 16:01:44 pm »

Taking the positives (and its difficult today), I never expected to win today, so its a good job that win came last week.  We've only lost in the league to teams who subsequently go top.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2010, 16:03:47 pm »

Thank **** it's only a game. Roll on Bradford next Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2010, 16:13:59 pm »

The worst thing about this game really, despite the poor performance, is it has already shown up the gamble with our squad size already - and we're only in September! We don't have a single natural centre-back still standing unless we start to raid our youth team. Holt has been a revelation - but if he hadn't steppped up from where he was at the start, then we would be playing with a defence made up of utility players and whoever was left over on the bench.

Purcell has left us basically stikerless until we got a lucky carling cup draw and was able to bring in McKenzie. Hinton seems to have been out forever, and with Beckwith gone luck has basically blown our defence out the water, and god help us all if we lose Thornton. There's no-one to come in, so we can't dump under-performers. That's the main problem we have. Trying to keep a very small squad going all year.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2010, 18:21:51 pm »

A few thoughts after today's trip to Shrewsbury.

Leon will be a quality striker for us once fully match fit. Not seen a striker like him in a town shirt for a long time.

Thornton did one thing today, one. Nothing more, nothing less. We can't rely on him because he is nowhere near as good as people on here make him out to be. If he was better he wouldn't be playing for us.

Whatever formation we were playing today was stupid. Why not play with any wingers? Sammo got it wrong for me for the second time this season.

Promotion? Not a chance. .
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2010, 18:42:46 pm »

Our squad is far to small to get us through the season and the only person we can blame is Sampson. A tiny squad but he's still wasting money by bringing the likes of Slowe in.

His inexperience is showing....
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2010, 18:47:40 pm »

Our squad is far to small to get us through the season and the only person we can blame is Sampson. A tiny squad but he's still wasting money by bringing the likes of Slowe in.

This is exactly what I am talking about when I say he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. People like you moan about him "wasting money" on young, cheap, unproven (and ultimately not yet quite up to standard) players like Slowe and Harris, whereas if he put all his eggs in one basket and bought one decent player with that cash instead, I guarantee you'd be the first to moan when we started getting injuries and an even thinner squad than our current one got worn down to its bare bones.
Report Spam   Logged

cobblersareus

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2010, 20:33:06 pm »

How can you comment on a player that we've barely seen kick a ball?
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2010, 20:36:45 pm »

I've seen him kick a ball during the half-time funtime and to be fair he looks like a f***in mascot. today has broken me.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2010, 20:37:26 pm »

What a stupid comment.  Don't you think that if Slowe had half an ounce of ability we'd have already seen him kick a ball in action this season?  I don't even recall him running on as a sub in pre-season.  Tell you what, if you fancy a wager, I'll bet you £100 here and now that Slowe isn't on the books this time next season.  
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2010, 20:38:07 pm »

Bearing in mind that he can't get a game during an injury crisis and shambles, he probably isn't Ronaldo.
Report Spam   Logged

Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2010, 20:46:29 pm »

Bearing in mind that he can't get a game during an injury crisis and shambles, he probably isn't Ronaldo.

That made me smile bingers, a 1st for you , well done  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2010, 20:48:21 pm »

That made me smile bingers, a 1st for you , well done  Wink

A pleasure, Mr Grove, Sir.

I'm trying to cheer up auntie as well, but he isnt responding tonight.  Dunno what I've done wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2010, 21:07:30 pm »

Well that was total and utter garbage.

However, it was worth the trip for one reason alone. When Shrewsbury went 2-1 up and their fans started singing paedo paedo whats the score? !! Our legendary fan in question who was the target stood up and shouted fcuk off whilst waving his hands in the wakner sign at them! I haven't laughed as much at a football match for ages - now that was comedy gold!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2010, 11:13:28 am »

I would have thought that ''his inexperience is showing''.refers more to an inept Sampson..than Slowe! In which, I'm sure MK and the rest of us have seen him play...if not manage! Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2010, 11:18:25 am »

Well that was total and utter garbage.

However, it was worth the trip for one reason alone. When Shrewsbury went 2-1 up and their fans started singing paedo paedo whats the score? !! Our legendary fan in question who was the target stood up and shouted fcuk off whilst waving his hands in the wakner sign at them! I haven't laughed as much at a football match for ages - now that was comedy gold!  Grin Grin

Legendary..for being a fan...or a paedo?
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2010, 12:45:59 pm »

Let's be honest, it was a shambolic performance with very few players coming out of the game with any credit. If it was not for Thornton's superb strike the team would have been roundly booed off at half-time. It was all over when we went 3-1 down early in the second half.
Getting worried about the Bradford and Macc games already !!
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2010, 23:03:25 pm »

What a stupid comment.  Don't you think that if Slowe had half an ounce of ability we'd have already seen him kick a ball in action this season?  I don't even recall him running on as a sub in pre-season.  Tell you what, if you fancy a wager, I'll bet you £100 here and now that Slowe isn't on the books this time next season.  

He came on against.. Coventry, I think? For about 5 minutes. Based on that and what I've seen of him warming up, I'd go along with that bet. In fact, he might still be here next season due to the questionable nature of his arrival but he'll never start a game here. He'd struggle to get a game at Corby from what I've seen.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: