The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:48:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Open forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open forum  (Read 6004 times)
abington_cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 29, 2012, 19:25:20 pm »

The trust are tweeting from the open forum at Sixfield, here are some of the tweets...

NTFC Supporters Ltd ‏@ntfc_trust
The club looked at doing a marquee similar to The Priory at Oxford, but the cost would have been 'astronomical' and easy to break into #ntfc

If things go well, #ntfc could have one of the new stands completed half way through next season.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

abington_cobbler

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 19:30:41 pm »

We should stress that's a very big if. DC said if complications arise it could be delayed by a further 9-12 months.#ntfc
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 21:11:53 pm »

Todays highlights.

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/30112-forum-509940.aspx?pageView=full#anchored
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Whitedogdo

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 21:24:50 pm »

Shocking turn out tonight.
Given the moaning by some I am amazed...
No.. hang on. ... Roll Eyes

Keyboard heroes....
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 22:54:43 pm »

from those highlights real Ale isnt that bigger seller & safe standing is a no go
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:39:55 am »

I quite often go to the forums but I didn't even consider going last night. I'm interested in hearing the manager's views about the team and you occasionally get some insight into team selections and behind the scenes goings on. Without anyone from the playing side in attendance (and with the greatest respect to DC and the stadium staff) I'm afraid it was never going to be a big draw for most people.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Whitedogdo

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:48:50 am »

I would have thought the subject of real ale and the food alone would have been enough to fill the room.... Still..my suggestion to the Trust to underwrite the first barrel of frog spawn and pigeon snot IPA should give people the the choice to put their throat where there request was.... if the barrel goes off... I.e 2 weeks life...it won't come back.Watch the media for details real ale lovers.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 08:41:39 am »

That was a waste of time looking at that, has anyone a link that can be read?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
sbedscobb

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:33 am »

Had my breakfast on wednesday in Hitchin Towns supporters club house, come weekday cafe, noticed it had 3 real ales on and they have an average attendance of just 450 fans!  They must be all raging alcoholics or Northampton Town supporters are non drinkers.

Just read the Chairmans QA session, Answer to question 1 is all we need to know, nothings going to happen anytime soon.

With Carrs Barr being unable to cater for any more than 50 people maybe its time to link up with a struggling town centre/ wellingborough rd pub and use it for pre/after match drinks, transferring to the ground at 2.30 from a fleet of minibuses from a local taxi firm it could sell match day tickets and club merchandise seven days a week and show Cobblers match reruns for a small fee on say a thursday night.

Never going to happen but for the grand sum of nowt the Cobblers would get a free town centre ticket office and merchandise store, they could make money showing full match re runs, Fans would get the catering and real ale they crave and a pub landlord would get lots of new clients.

Hopefully the club can be successful and sixfields gets packed to the rafters, The club then won't need to provide adequate supporters provisions.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 09:11:40 am »

That was a waste of time looking at that, has anyone a link that can be read?  Roll Eyes

Go to the top of the page and click close on the stupid pop up bit. Then all will become clear....
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 10:14:52 am »

Why not go direct to the NTFC web page then you wont need a link. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 10:24:36 am »

Had my breakfast on wednesday in Hitchin Towns supporters club house, come weekday cafe, noticed it had 3 real ales on and they have an average attendance of just 450 fans!  They must be all raging alcoholics or Northampton Town supporters are non drinkers.

Just read the Chairmans QA session, Answer to question 1 is all we need to know, nothings going to happen anytime soon.

With Carrs Barr being unable to cater for any more than 50 people maybe its time to link up with a struggling town centre/ wellingborough rd pub and use it for pre/after match drinks, transferring to the ground at 2.30 from a fleet of minibuses from a local taxi firm it could sell match day tickets and club merchandise seven days a week and show Cobblers match reruns for a small fee on say a thursday night.

Never going to happen but for the grand sum of nowt the Cobblers would get a free town centre ticket office and merchandise store, they could make money showing full match re runs, Fans would get the catering and real ale they crave and a pub landlord would get lots of new clients.

Hopefully the club can be successful and sixfields gets packed to the rafters, The club then won't need to provide adequate supporters provisions.

The key difference is in the opening line of your post. The Hitchin one is a weekday cafe as well, meaning that they can sell real ale all week. Carr's Bar isn't, meaning there is a chance that the it could have gone off by the time the next home game arrives and have to be thrown away.

You also missed the fact that the Trust and the club are going to try and make a push one last time to satisfy the ale brigade. The Trust have agreed to underwrite the cost of a cask of real ale at one of the upcoming home matches. It's up to the ale brigade to take them up on that offer. Our deal with Carlsberg dictates that it would have to come from them, but they do offer real ale. If the demand still isn't there then you'll have to face the fact that the majority of people who go to Carr's Bar aren't bothered about real ale. If that is the case then I'm afraid that is tough luck on your part.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 10:39:20 am »

The trust are tweeting from the open forum at Sixfield, here are some of the tweets...

The club looked at doing a marquee similar to The Priory at Oxford, but the cost would have been 'astronomical' and easy to break into #ntfc

If things go well, #ntfc could have one of the new stands completed half way through next season.

One of the new stands? How many are we getting then?
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 10:42:33 am »

Thanks for answering the question Fez. I can so no reason why the club can't arrange with Carlsberg to offer a greater range of their bottled beers . As I've said elsewhere they produce over 300 varieties of beers, lagers and ciders and some are quite sophisticated. I will email the club directly on this one. The big standard Carslberg and Tetleys in tins is just a token effort with the brewery 10 mins down the road.

Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 11:48:07 am »

I think the East Stand is to be developed first and to incorporate executive boxes.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 12:23:49 pm »

Whats happening with the athletics track then?
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »

If I remember correctly they said the athletics track would need to be re-located/new one built elsewhere in the town so it could house the athletics club - That was mentioned quite a while ago, things could have changed since.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 13:21:30 pm »

I think the East Stand is to be developed first and to incorporate executive boxes.

would make most sense.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 14:07:35 pm »

Could somebody from the club or one who attended the forum expand on what was said about the expansion of a stand. It is the first time I have heard that it might start within the next 12 MONTHS!!!
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 15:51:51 pm »

The speed of development will be significantly influenced by the results of testing on the land which is the first step.

As the ground and surrounding area is built on an old rubbish tip various tests need to take place regarding suitability for building on it.  If the tests don't throw up any major issues work on the East stand could begin as soon as the middle of 13-14 season. 

If the tests indicate more preparation work is required to make the land safe then it would not halt but would put back the project.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: