The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:04:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Open forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open forum  (Read 6006 times)
MKMal

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 17:11:50 pm »

Why is this the first time we have heard of this? It's not even in the summary on the official site.
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 17:36:20 pm »

Probably because the people who are keying in the reports as the meeting progresses are trying to provide a snapshot of the evening. They are not providing a transcript of every item and every word.  I don't think I have ever seen a summary of the Open Forums that covers everything.

I would imagine at some point in the New Year an update will go up on the Stadium redevelopment section of the offish site.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 17:47:48 pm »

Surely everyone knew that a lot of survey work would be needed because of the tip. It is hadly a surprise and would be factored in.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 20:25:33 pm »

I hope that all the people who have been asking for real ale in carrs bar buy the ale when it is available... They did real ale for £2 a pint when they first trialed real ale and it appears that the wasn't a big demand as the ale hasn't been available since. I fear that people will still not buy and the club will stop selling for good.... A big thank you should go to the trust for covering the cost of the ale
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 20:54:44 pm »

I hope that all the people who have been asking for real ale in carrs bar buy the ale when it is available... They did real ale for £2 a pint when they first trialed real ale and it appears that the wasn't a big demand as the ale hasn't been available since. I fear that people will still not buy and the club will stop selling for good.... A big thank you should go to the trust for covering the cost of the ale

Will of course support any efforts in that department..and thanks to FEZ for putting forward questions and DC's reply. Extremely fleeting trial last time..and I know of at least half a dozen of us buying a shed load of bottled ales at a couple of games...so not quite sure about DC's 'no one bought the bottled beers'  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 21:02:21 pm »

Will of course support any efforts in that department..and thanks to FEZ for putting forward questions and DC's reply. Extremely fleeting trial last time..and I know of at least half a dozen of us buying a shed load of bottled ales at a couple of games...so not quite sure about DC's 'no one bought the bottled beers'  Huh?

I also questioned what DC said in regards to bottled beers. I have seen a few people buy bottled beers while I have been waiting to be served especially before the Wycombe and Morecambe games
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 21:57:02 pm »

I've only been in Carrs Bar once since it became such, when I approached the bar it was 3 deep and 2 staff one whom had just just started that day and had never pulled a pint before, she stood there pouring a pint of lager that looked more like something from a Gallones ice cream van whilst the other just waited behind as there was no other alternative pump! I just walked away.

I just hope that when we get to share the special cask  ( That if not drunk it'll never be seen ever again at Sixfields as threatened by Fez Shocked ) That the place will be more professional sports club bar than village church hall refreshments table!

I'm just a little concerned that all we'll get is a Watneys party seven and after Coolcat, realale, Elad etc have had their fill they'll be nothing left for me. Some beer festival this is going to be!
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 22:08:16 pm »

The speed of development will be significantly influenced by the results of testing on the land which is the first step.

As the ground and surrounding area is built on an old rubbish tip various tests need to take place regarding suitability for building on it.  If the tests don't throw up any major issues work on the East stand could begin as soon as the middle of 13-14 season. 

If the tests indicate more preparation work is required to make the land safe then it would not halt but would put back the project.
There's a lot of gas up at Sixfields, but it ain't coming out of the ground
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 23:07:58 pm »

I've only been in Carrs Bar once since it became such, when I approached the bar it was 3 deep and 2 staff one whom had just just started that day and had never pulled a pint before, she stood there pouring a pint of lager that looked more like something from a Gallones ice cream van whilst the other just waited behind as there was no other alternative pump! I just walked away.

I just hope that when we get to share the special cask  ( That if not drunk it'll never be seen ever again at Sixfields as threatened by Fez Shocked ) That the place will be more professional sports club bar than village church hall refreshments table!

I'm just a little concerned that all we'll get is a Watneys party seven and after Coolcat, realale, Elad etc have had their fill they'll be nothing left for me. Some beer festival this is going to be!

Grin  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 23:09:08 pm »

I was thinking a Party 4 might be enough  Grin

Seriously though , one thing that came out of the Open Forum was that Carrs Bar will stock anything that is viable. They do stock bottles of London Pride , Black Sheep and Old Speckled Hen and I'm sure if Elad sent an e mail stating the other Carlsberg products that he thinks will sell . they will give them a try.
      I'm in discussions with NTFC as to what real ales and the prices are available , when I get this I'll post on here to see what everyone thinks  they should get in. Realistically it's going to be a Saturday game in the new year when they do the trial. The last time they had cask ale in ,they had to tip over half of it away so they are not going to do that very often , but hopefully it will sell and then it can be a regular feature.
      We are also going to try to get them to have more bar staff ,which to me , is common sense.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 23:19:53 pm »

For someone who took the time and effort to raise the issue in the first place, I'm glad you've painted me in such favourable light Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 06:34:59 am »

Ah but which ale should it be? Evil
Report Spam   Logged
cobblersareus

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 06:58:59 am »

The trouble with hand pumps is that it takes a lot longer to pour a pint, meaning less pints pulled in the two busy hours before kick off. Thus meaning less takings.
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 07:28:05 am »

The speed of development will be significantly influenced by the results of testing on the land which is the first step.

As the ground and surrounding area is built on an old rubbish tip various tests need to take place regarding suitability for building on it.  If the tests don't throw up any major issues work on the East stand could begin as soon as the middle of 13-14 season. 

If the tests indicate more preparation work is required to make the land safe then it would not halt but would put back the project.
Any idea when these 'tests' start?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 08:58:50 am »

Ah but which ale should it be? Evil

Pump Fiction by local brewery Hoggleys is a good golden ale. It is brewed in Litchborough (near Towcester). Frog Island brewery in Westbridge, St. James do a good beer called Natterjack... The Malt Shovel pub (opposite Calsberg) sell some frog island ales.

Although this probably isn't possible due to having to sell beers supplied by Carlsberg
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 09:18:20 am »

Carlsberg actually act as a wholesaler to pubs and can supply a wide range of drinks (both soft and alcoholic) that aren't brewed by themselves, including real ales. I don't know if this falls under the terms of the contract we have with them at Sixfields or not, but it might be worth asking the question.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest48

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 10:04:11 am »

Carlsberg actually act as a wholesaler to pubs and can supply a wide range of drinks (both soft and alcoholic) that aren't brewed by themselves, including real ales. I don't know if this falls under the terms of the contract we have with them at Sixfields or not, but it might be worth asking the question.
This is spot on ,the beers will have to come through Carlsberg ,so that does rule out some ales but , I've been told , that there is still a good selection.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 17:30:02 pm »

Carlsberg order their beers in the following

Pilsner, Strong Pilsner, Wheat Beer, Cider, Ale (give or take a few varieties)

It would be good maybe to get one of each i.e.

Pilsner - Tuborg
Strong Pilsner - Kronenbourg 1664
Wheat Beer - Jacobsen Sommer Wit 
Cider - Somersby Cider
Ale - Jacobsen Saaz blonde

And then either  a seasonal beer like their Jacobsen Golden Naked Christmas Ale (7.2% ahem) or a foreign one like the Russian Baltika.

Given that Carlsberg make over 300 diff beers there is real scope there for drinkers and that is without a cask of real ale.

All these are listed as I have said at http://www.carlsberggroup.com/brands/Pages/default.aspx
should you wish to peruse. Lets actually make use of the tie in with Carlsberg for a change.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 17:51:42 pm »

I think Kronenbourg is owned by Heineken in the UK
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 12:23:57 pm »

It's on Carlsberg's website as one of their brands
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: