The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:54:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Open forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open forum  (Read 6074 times)
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 14:10:14 pm »

It's on Carlsberg's website as one of their brands
Agreed but for some odd reason Heineken have the UK Rights. 
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 15:11:05 pm »

Even though I don't drink real ale, if we get a cask I am going to be at Carrs Bar the second it opens, rapidly drink pint after pint after pint until I am ridiculously p!ssed or sick all over the floor.

I literally want real ale coming out of my nostrils - I understand that because its not fizzy, like many lagers, this will be a pleasurable experience due the hoppy aroma.

If I sh!t myself as well, all the better.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 16:24:08 pm »

Even though I don't drink real ale, if we get a cask I am going to be at Carrs Bar the second it opens, rapidly drink pint after pint after pint until I am ridiculously p!ssed or sick all over the floor.

I literally want real ale coming out of my nostrils - I understand that because its not fizzy, like many lagers, this will be a pleasurable experience due the hoppy aroma.

That has to be one of the best posts ever.
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 16:36:03 pm »

Ah a connoisseur.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 20:50:01 pm »

Carlsberg order their beers in the following

Pilsner, Strong Pilsner, Wheat Beer, Cider, Ale (give or take a few varieties)

It would be good maybe to get one of each i.e.

Pilsner - Tuborg
Strong Pilsner - Kronenbourg 1664
Wheat Beer - Jacobsen Sommer Wit 

Cider - Somersby Cider
Ale - Jacobsen Saaz blonde

And then either  a seasonal beer like their Jacobsen Golden Naked Christmas Ale (7.2% ahem) or a foreign one like the Russian Baltika.

Given that Carlsberg make over 300 diff beers there is real scope there for drinkers and that is without a cask of real ale.

All these are listed as I have said at http://www.carlsberggroup.com/brands/Pages/default.aspx
should you wish to peruse. Lets actually make use of the tie in with Carlsberg for a change.

Almost everything you've quoted there - including the Baltika - is a lager!!! Ok, a wheat beer and a very (un)real cider....If the Trust are going to under-write a cask or two, why not support a local micro such as frog Island? Carlsberg run a 'tied' contract, as do Greene King and other conglomerates but surely there can be flexibility if the competition really is only a single cask?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 20:51:56 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 20:55:11 pm »

Almost everything you've quoted there - including the Baltika - is a lager!!! Ok, a wheat beer and a very (un)real cider....If the Trust are going to under-write a cask or two, why not support a local micro such as frog Island? Carlsberg run a 'tied' contract, as do Greene King and other conglomerates but surely there can be flexibility if the competition really is only a single cask?
  As someone stated earlier Carlsberg are also a wholesaler and stock Real Ale not just Lager , so it would have to be something they stock.Like I said when I get the selection and prices I will post it on here.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 21:28:26 pm »

As someone stated earlier Carlsberg are also a wholesaler and stock Real Ale not just Lager , so it would have to be something they stock.Like I said when I get the selection and prices I will post it on here.

Sounds good!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
cobblersareus

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 23:53:53 pm »

I still think handpumps are not a good idea for Carrs Bar.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:02 am »

They could pre pour pints of the real ale before the bar opens to save time, no one would notice the difference.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 09:36:42 am »

A good pint of real ale is a thing of beauty.
I sometimes talk to mine and tell it how lovely it is before I drink it.

If they are definately having it in Carrs I will fight me way in , struggle to get to the bar ,
wait ten minutes to be served , order a pint and whisper sweet nothings to it.
My vote goes to London Pride.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 10:00:45 am »

Agreed but for some odd reason Heineken have the UK Rights. 

I suppose the odd reason is that Heineken brew Kronenbourg in Manchester.  A great traditional Alsacian biere.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
TbananaG

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:16 am »

I still think handpumps are not a good idea for Carrs Bar.

Are you being a bit mucky and suggestive there?
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 11:13:02 am »

Are you being a bit mucky and suggestive there?
  Grin  Grin
One way to get more people in!
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:42 pm »

Il have a hand pump please Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 12:07:17 pm »

I appreciate that. I am still for a cask of real ale too but it wouldnt hurt to get a better representation of Carlsberg's range in aswell.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 17:03:06 pm »

i'd be suprised if any of the bar staff knew how to pull a pint of ale, got asked how to do a lager top the other day  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2012, 08:32:11 am »

I'm sure it would be great to have a wide range of ales in Carrs bar but in my opinion that's totally not what's needed. In the 2 hours before kick off service is so slow offering a choice including real ale would slow things even more. Most busy bars cut the choice probably only offering only one lager and one bitter with someone pouring theses while someone else just sells. Not great but people get served quick they probably sell more and it seems to work well at vastly busier venues I've been to.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:04 am »

The last time we played Hull and won 3~2 they're concourse bars had pint and a half glasses. Saved going back so often. Simple.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 09:16:16 am »

i'd be suprised if any of the bar staff knew how to pull a pint of ale, got asked how to do a lager top the other day  Grin

You make me sick - ordering 3/4 pint of lager and adding lemonade  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 12:35:52 pm »

It shows how bored people are when things are better on the pitch, when you look at the shyte on this thread...  Grin

A couple losses and you won't give a flying fcuk about pi$$ water and car parking...

This thread is not relevant to you. You're more than happy to not park in the car park at Sixfields, not eat or drink in the ground and walk around on a carpet of your own arrogance so done one. Nothing personal  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: