The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 14:24:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Clive Platt

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clive Platt  (Read 6769 times)
MKMal

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2013, 23:06:02 pm »

some fans forget the good games the players have but will constantly moan as soon as they have a poor game.

And it only took a week. Most people on here were raving about him and Carlisle after the Fleetwood game. What a difference severn days make  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 12:55:11 pm »

When he had the odd good game earlier in the season (eg Wolves), that wasn't enough to make him a worthwhile signing according to some on here, but when he puts in one poor performance in the midst of a good run he's immediately 'back to his worst'. Roll Eyes I think some of our fans have already made their minds up about him and he won't win them over no matter what he does...

If you witnessed his performances at Bristol , Fleetwood and other games your views may well be more negative. Yes Sir Clive has improved over the past few games unfortunately his performance last Sat recalled his previous poor form. If Sir Clive starts to score a few more goals all will be forgiven and forgotten at least by me.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2013, 08:49:02 am »

Quote from: Insider on October 07, 2012, 11:26:48 am
I didn't say Platt is lazy...but a number of others have. If he gets more than 6 league goals this season, I'll run around the pitch naked!

I think that makes it 7 for Clive this season now. I have no desire to see Insider run around the pitch naked. A simple apology will do!
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2013, 08:52:27 am »

Big Clive has scored 4 League Goals this season as the Press Association claim it is an og.  He has scored in the FA Cup / League Cup to come to 6 or 7.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2013, 08:57:12 am »

Platt worked hard enough yesterday to deserve his round of applause when he left the field, however the plain fact is that he's only a grade 2 front runner, as is Robinson; even Hackett lacks consistency. Bayo is worth his place but even he is annoyingly anonymous one game in three.
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2013, 08:57:21 am »

Big Clive has scored 4 League Goals this season as the Press Association claim it is an og.  He has scored in the FA Cup / League Cup to come to 6 or 7.

Fair enough. Another couple of weeks wait won't do any harm I guess  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2013, 08:57:56 am »

To be fair to Insider he did state 'league' goals so Platty still has another two to get before we are subjected to his streak.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2013, 08:58:38 am »

Platt worked hard enough yesterday to deserve his round of applause when he left the field, however the plain fact is that he's only a grade 2 front runner, as is Robinson; even Hackett lacks consistency. Bayo is worth his place but even he is annoyingly anonymous one game in three.

But we saw this last season - it is almost like Aidy is playing with Bayo - and then he unleashes him.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2013, 09:11:34 am »

The dubious goals on the Football League site and our Offy site both have Platty as the scorer.
Two to go.... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:00 am »

I'd expect more than that simplistic critique from you Steve. We are not privvy to what injuries particular players are carrying. They have even gone so far as saying that Platt has an ongoing back problem yet you choose to offer a totally unhelpful and cynical comment. We are in league 2, if you want complete players watch the Champions League.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:35 am »

Press Association must have amended it as on FL Show it was down as Cole (og).

Was there another one where NTFC tried to give it to Platt as well?
Report Spam   Logged
Bunny
Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2013, 21:35:36 pm »

Platt worked hard enough yesterday to deserve his round of applause when he left the field, however the plain fact is that he's only a grade 2 front runner

Grade 2 or League 2?

Platty is an honest player who puts in a shift when he is selected. I think him and Bayo have a good understanding and compliment each other. I like him and really don't understand the general antipathy he receives from certain quarters of the forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Always a happy bunny
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2013, 22:28:11 pm »

Clive for mayor  Grin 2 more to go .
Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2013, 00:37:47 am »

I'd expect more than that simplistic critique from you Steve. We are not privvy to what injuries particular players are carrying. They have even gone so far as saying that Platt has an ongoing back problem yet you choose to offer a totally unhelpful and cynical comment. We are in league 2, if you want complete players watch the Champions League.

Platt does have an ongoing back problem. It was a fact I mentioned when he signed, as it is common knowledge around Coventry. His performances, although not always great, are livelier than in the early part of this season. That being said, if he is struggling with an injury then why is he still being picked ahead of Bayo? In fact, many might ask why he is being picked ahead of Bayo, regardless of injuries.
Report Spam   Logged
jimmysaville

hows about that then.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2013, 11:41:47 am »

Now is the time to back the boys for the final push. Clive Platt hasn't changed my thoughts about him but i really want to go into league 1 and i don't care if it is Platt, Bayo or Langmead scoring the goals that help us do it.

Report Spam   Logged

now then, now then, now then.
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2013, 09:29:57 am »

What's wrong with telling the truth?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2013, 09:48:24 am »

I am absolutely fed up of reading the drivel that Marvo and SteveRiches put on the bottom of Chron articles.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013, 09:54:11 am »

I am absolutely fed up of reading the drivel that Marvo and SteveRiches put on the bottom of Chron articles.
Its free speech and sometimes its quite entertaining.
Long may they be allowed to write whatever they like.
Same as you really.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2013, 11:25:16 am »

Well there's a simple enough answer Cry
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Mobile User Search Combination
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2013, 11:56:04 am »

Very impressed with the vastly improved form of Platt-y, see ms much fitter  & now a vital member of the team.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: