The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 17:49:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Will Bayo move in the January sales?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bayo move in the January sales?  (Read 9705 times)
wrigleys

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 18:34:12 pm »

He has been our best centre forward for 30 years or even longer. You have to go back to Cliff Holton,Frank Large,Alec Ashworth,Bobby Brown etc to find better. Yet you seem to ignore this with narrow minded criticism so ignorant that the facts are simply ignored. You should apologise to all on here for your views on Bayo.

Don't be a d1ck. I have never said anything about his ability because that is obvious. But I don't think we should keep him if we were offered more than £80k, I don't think we should build a team around him, I think our tactics are obvious to many teams (remember we are 11th, not 2nd...) and to be honest, the frenzied battering you give your nob every time he stretches his 'beastmode' thighs near you winds me up.

I think you should cancel your account to make your own life happier
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
did.cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 19:06:23 pm »

Whatever your opinion of Bayo no one can deny his contribution, can we really afford to let him go at a time when our only other proven goalscorer is injured with no guarantee of ever returning? He is a massive crowd favourite, and if he were to depart im sure crowds would suffer. Its a massive decision, one that the club MUST get right . . . . . . . .
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 20:06:42 pm »

No player is bigger than the club. I hope we keep him but agree with Wrigleys, anything around 100k or above then we should sell and trust Aidy to find a replacement.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 20:46:03 pm »

He may make us one-dimensional but I don't think you can underestimate the importance of Bayo to this side. Wrigleys says we shouldn't build a team around him, well unfortunately we already have- how many points has he been worth to us this season already? We will need to move him out sooner or later, of course we will, but that needs to be done at a time where a. we can spend time making sure the replacement we get in is up to the job, b. at a time where there is plenty of opportunity to re-structure our tactics and get the players up to speed with a different way of playing, and c. when his departure will have minimal impact on and off the pitch. So for me, he has to stay to the summer at least, even if that means we don't get a fee for him. We have had a solid start but as it happens we only have 3 more points than Macclesfield had at this stage last season and at risk of repeating myself, Bayo's importance to this team cannot be understated. We cannot start getting complacent and expecting to just absorb the loss of our main asset.   
Report Spam   Logged

betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 21:28:11 pm »

Weve been through this all before, fairly recently, with the departures of Woodman, Grayson, Mcleish, Warburton, Howard, etc.. All fans favourites and all apparently irreplaceable. But when the opportunity arose, either the money was taken, or they were released and off the wage bill.
We are, and always have been, a selling club. I am in no doubt, that if the right offer comes in, then Bayo will be sold regardless of the consequences.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
guest49

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 08:47:45 am »

It really depends if we fancy our chances of going up this season or not.
If he leaves our chances drop massively. If we don't intend keeping him, or believe that he is leaving at the end of the season, then it probably makes financial sense to take any six figure offers. It won't be a popular move though with the masses, as I struggle to see anyone coming in with such an impact on the team. His form and contribution means that he should be one of the top earners in Div 2, if not now then on his new contract. That is the payback and cost for being/having a top performer. I'm sure that there are plenty of Div 1 sides who would want him too.

In terms of finishing and hold up/lay off play, he is as good as anyone I have ever seen for us since 1978. You can count the amount of times he gives the ball away in a game on a couple of fingers and his scoring record speaks for itself.
If he does sign on for another two years and continues in a similar fashion then he would go down as one of the all time greats. I don't see the argument that he will need to move again, especially if we can kick on and pay him in line with Div 1/2 teams. Sure, he left before but obviously realised that the grass isn't always greener and he also has his interests outside of football now. It will be more difficult if a Championship club come in and offer to double his wages but hopefully that doesn't happen.

Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 09:41:26 am »

Just because teams know how we're going to play doesn't mean they are able to stop it.
You don't see Barcelona fans saying drop Messi as it's too obvious we're going to give him the ball and let him run.

I think the issue here is that our Plan B was Bayo and he is doing better than Plan A (Platt) was.

What's the logic in selling our best player? Because we're one dimensional, that's because we have a lack of depth.
When Nichols was putting the goals in we didn't have a problem, so surely we need to find someone to cover his role rather than replace the one person who is scoring.

Seriously... do people want rid of Bayo because he forces us to play a certain way? HE SCORES.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 09:50:09 am »

The one dimensional argument...is just that. One dimensional. It has zero substance.

Bayo likes ball to feet...he can play alongside pretty much anybody because he will finish chances, create opportunities and create space for his team mates. The only thing he lacks is a quick turn of pace, and he isn't overly mobile. But you cannot have everything. People who want him sold to improve the team will have a surprise in store for them.

The club should do what it can to keep him. End of. If a championship club comes in or somebody right at the top end of league 1 like Sheffield Utd with the right money...then fair play, let him leave if he wants to. He's 30 and it would be his last chance. BUT if that doesn't happen I would love to see him see out his playing days with us.
Report Spam   Logged
New Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 10:11:17 am »

It would not be a disaster if he left because secretly I think Boothroyd would rather play Platt as the focul point because he offers a lot more movement and work-rate, but the problem is Bayo gets goals, Platt doesn't. I don't think we should sell him, because am not sure we can get  proven replacement, but it does seem something might happen. Boothroyd has subtley mentioed is transfer plans wilbe effected by who stays at the club, the interest from Gillingham seems genuine and Cobblers have been linked with other strikers as a possible replacement, Jamille Matt for instance so we can not rule it out at all.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 10:20:01 am »

but the problem is Bayo gets goals

We need more problems like this.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Bu-Bu-Buchanan

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 10:25:42 am »

Every club needs weapons, the more the better and Bayo is one of the most potent at this level. We need him.

I'm sure Aidy would love to keep him as it gives us many options, he scares the hell out of most teams and whether he starts or comes off the bench he distracts opposition. He scores.

If the club can afford to offer him equal to, or the best deal out of the Championship, I'm sure the club will, as long as it fits with what Aidy wants, but if he has to be sold to make that happen it's a shame but all down to money. We just have to believe in Aidy and the long term.

One saving grace is that Bayo would not start as much football in the Championship, and he likes to play, so he may just want to where he's loved!

Interesting new year it will be.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 11:01:37 am »

Platt has more movement and work rate??
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 11:23:09 am »

After his suspension and no games over Xmas, Bayo has probably been going #beastmode on turkey all week and about 22 stone by now. It could work out well if we sell him by the pound.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 11:51:26 am »

Whatever Bayo, DC or AB decides I hope it is done in the first week of January. I hope any replacements are already signed so we do not waste the 4 weeks of January, resulting in a last day panic!
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 13:48:54 pm »

Don't be a d1ck. I have never said anything about his ability because that is obvious. But I don't think we should keep him if we were offered more than £80k, I don't think we should build a team around him, I think our tactics are obvious to many teams (remember we are 11th, not 2nd...) and to be honest, the frenzied battering you give your nob every time he stretches his 'beastmode' thighs near you winds me up.

I think you should cancel your account to make your own life happier

What a load of rubbish! We're clearly progressing as a side and you want to change things for the sake of it with no knowledge of what will come next. Will you see this mystical 80k will you fcuk I'd rather keep a very effective player thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 14:15:44 pm »

Don't be a d1ck.

No point being rude and abusive spiced with obscene comments - your the dick and prat too.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 14:22:39 pm »

GET RID OF BAYO

what a potato head comment
Report Spam   Logged

Clint

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 15:27:51 pm »

For goodness' sake, some people on this forum need to calm down. Each of us has his/her own favourite players, ones we love and those we would like to see the back of. There's no need to be abusive to fellow Cobbs fans just because they might have a different point of view.
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 17:01:52 pm »

For goodness' sake, some people on this forum need to calm down. Each of us has his/her own favourite players, ones we love and those we would like to see the back of. There's no need to be abusive to fellow Cobbs fans just because they might have a different point of view.

This is the reason why this forum is dying on its feet. People can't offer reasoned debate so resort to insults. No wonder so many regulars posters have drifted away.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 12:54:29 pm »

spot on!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: