The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 09:13:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Real Ale in Carrs Bar

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Ale in Carrs Bar  (Read 9633 times)
wrigleys

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2013, 21:43:55 pm »

Whilst chatting to Mr Cardoza briefly after Saturdays game I intimated from his comments that if we get to the play-offs, the sale of home leg semi-final tickets will be SOLELY based on how many pints of real ale you have bought from Carrs Bar. Evidently demand has been so popular thus far for the aforementioned real ale, anyone hoping to even have a chance of getting on the ticket shortlist needs to drink a minimum of 8 pints of lovely amber ale for each of our remaining home matches.

I personally hope that we don't reach the play-offs because my ringpiece can seriously not handle another nasty ale induced episode. Albeit the club is laying on special septic facilities to deal with the resulting tides of painfully blackened stools.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
sbedscobb

« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2013, 21:53:33 pm »

Whilst chatting to Mr Cardoza briefly after Saturdays game I intimated from his comments that if we get to the play-offs, the sale of home leg semi-final tickets will be SOLELY based on how many pints of real ale you have bought from Carrs Bar. Evidently demand has been so popular thus far for the aforementioned real ale, anyone hoping to even have a chance of getting on the ticket shortlist needs to drink a minimum of 8 pints of lovely amber ale for each of our remaining home matches.

I personally hope that we don't reach the play-offs because my ringpiece can seriously not handle another nasty ale induced episode. Albeit the club is laying on special septic facilities to deal with the resulting tides of painfully blackened stools.
You sound a bit pi ssed off me duck?
 Why ever would that be Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2013, 22:03:16 pm »

I seem to remember a few of us on here remarking/suggesting that real ale wasn't being sold but that there would be a market...and certain quarters from our support offering nothing but excuses as to why it shouldn't/can't/won't be! Not too sure how those opinions finally getting through to DC (as does infamous criticism of said chairman on here) can be labelled some Trust coup!  Roll Eyes
I wouldn't say it was a coup as such, but it was raised at a Trust open forum and the Trust offered to underwrite the first cask and get the ball rolling. So they have certainly played a big part in getting the ball rolling.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2013, 22:32:44 pm »

If enough is sunk will there be a chance of investing the profits into squad strengthening or something nice like a decent scoreboard.?

What's wrong with the scoreboard?
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2013, 00:01:18 am »

another good idea by the Trust to subsidise the trial of selling Real Ale 
Still..my suggestion to the Trust to underwrite the first barrel of frog spawn and pigeon snot IPA should give people the the choice to put their throat where there request was....
So, who do you believe? My money is with poodle plops.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
guest48

« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2013, 16:33:34 pm »

So, who do you believe? My money is with poodle plops.  Cheesy

Re: Open forum
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 22:11:53 pm »
Todays highlights.

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/30112-forum-509940.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

If you are so worried about this I would have thought you would have checked the dates  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2013, 18:49:23 pm »

I wouldn't say it was a coup as such, but it was raised at a Trust open forum and the Trust offered to underwrite the first cask and get the ball rolling. So they have certainly played a big part in getting the ball rolling.

Yes Fez..the ball rolling through you putting forward questions from us (or some of us)...It's like CAMRA campaigning for an eternity on a cut on pub tax levis or min alcohol pricing in supermarkets.. just for the Tories after finally relenting to say "What a great party we are, great ideas to protect your local"!
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2013, 21:18:10 pm »

Oh for heavens sake what does it matter who suggested it originally. The thing that matters is that the club are trying to please their customers and it seems to be working. You'll be saying my dads got a bigger one than your dad next  Roll Eyes

If some of you are so anti the trust why don't you join and get elected on to the commitee. Then you can claim it was your idea first. Personally I think as its all voluntary they do a great job for majority of the fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2013, 21:37:17 pm »

Oh for heavens sake what does it matter who suggested it originally. The thing that matters is that the club are trying to please their customers and it seems to be working. You'll be saying my dads got a bigger one than your dad next 

If some of you are so anti the trust why don't you join and get elected on to the commitee. Then you can claim it was your idea first. Personally I think as its all voluntary they do a great job for majority of the fans.

Oh dear, I fear that's done it.           From now on you will be a marked man.        Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2013, 18:18:53 pm »

Yes Fez..the ball rolling through you putting forward questions from us (or some of us)...It's like CAMRA campaigning for an eternity on a cut on pub tax levis or min alcohol pricing in supermarkets.. just for the Tories after finally relenting to say "What a great party we are, great ideas to protect your local"!
Well I wasn't really passing it off like that was I Roll Eyes Even so, do we not deserve a modicum of credit for getting something done about it?

Frankly we get that much stick off people it's nice to highlight some of the positive things we do, but when we post them...we get criticised.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2013, 18:47:39 pm »

Well I wasn't really passing it off like that was I Roll Eyes Even so, do we not deserve a modicum of credit for getting something done about it?

Frankly we get that much stick off people it's nice to highlight some of the positive things we do, but when we post them...we get criticised.
No one gets 'stick' for being pro active and listening to customers requests, but it took 17 years to open up the bar and sell ale to the most numerous of all Cobblers fan groups, that of the Father and his kid paying a visit every now and then, these are the folk who need welcoming and if they enjoy a pint of finest... And return, Well that's job done.
All credit due to those who who saw this problem and never gave up pushing for it.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2013, 18:53:44 pm »

No one gets 'stick' for being pro active and listening to customers requests, but it took 17 years to open up the bar and sell ale to the most numerous of all Cobblers fan groups, that of the Father and his kid paying a visit every now and then, these are the folk who need welcoming and if they enjoy a pint of finest... And return, Well that's job done.
All credit due to those who who saw this problem and never gave up pushing for it.

A few season ago I got turned away from the Carlsberg bar (as it was at the time) because I didn't show my season ticket at the door. It was a FA cup game so I didn't need to have my st with me. It was nearly empty in there at the time and they turned away me and my 2 boys and I would've spent at least £10 that day. Thankfully they now let every Cobblers fan in (and occasionally away fans)
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2013, 19:06:02 pm »

[/quote
The bar at Sixfields was a members bar from 1994 ,when the stadium opened, the membership was open to everyone and cost £5 per year. I paid my £5 and my son and myself used the bar every game.The reason it was a members bar was that this was requested by the police , I think the membership was dropped about 7 years ago , but for certain high profile games NTFC would only admit Season Ticket holders , this was to stop away fans , i.e. Millwall , Leeds ect. and any potential trouble , since then it has been open to everyone including most sets of away fans.
Report Spam   Logged
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2013, 20:28:06 pm »

Thought I`d comment after a pre game visit against Newport.

Couple of things.
1. Why only 3 staff on when the bar was rammed?
2. Why are we (the paying customer) made to feel like we are in the way of important business by simply wanting a drink.
3. If a bloke spoke to me in the rude manner that i was by the staff they would be put on the floor.

I know its busy, but surely there must be a solution to waiting 15 minutes for a drink only to get moaned at once its your turn to order.

New season, Same problems?
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
guest48

« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2013, 22:58:12 pm »

Couple of things.
2. Why are we (the paying customer) made to feel like we are in the way of important business by simply wanting a drink.
3. If a bloke spoke to me in the rude manner that i was by the staff they would be put on the floor.

I know its busy, but surely there must be a solution to waiting 15 minutes for a drink only to get moaned at once its your turn to order.

Ask Mr Cardoza on the 5th September .
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2013, 18:06:33 pm »

Couple of things.

simple answer is take your custom else where
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2013, 20:19:02 pm »

Simple answer is to go else where but I like the thought of supporting the club with my custom. It wouldn't be hard to have one fast serve side with people getting one of the lagers and one of the bitters ready for quick service if others want Guinness, cider or a port and lemon they can wait a little longer the other side. Works else where.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2013, 21:31:12 pm »

Simple answer is to go else where but I like the thought of supporting the club with my custom. It wouldn't be hard to have one fast serve side with people getting one of the lagers and one of the bitters ready for quick service if others want Guinness, cider or a port and lemon they can wait a little longer the other side. Works else where.
Complain to NTFC , they are the only ones who can make any difference. They sometimes listen to good idea's but sometimes they don't.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2013, 08:56:03 am »

By the way you lot bang on about real ale maybe this site should seek CAMRA accreditation?
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
sbedscobb

« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2013, 09:24:35 am »

CAMRA? Cobblers against more rubbish acquisitions, (joking)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: