The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:40:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Chesterfield

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chesterfield  (Read 10746 times)
Adam-NTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 20:33:28 pm »

Normally you only make a saving if you buy ages in advance, going today was more of a last minute decision due to not having to work today, personally I haven't looked at Chesterfield tickets but if i did i would most certainly check single fares etc. just didn't have time this morning Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2016
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 05:48:39 am »

I see quite a few of you travel by train to away games as a pose to the travel coaches... just wondered why? isnt it easier and cheaper to go by coach? not knocking just saying like.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 06:00:41 am »

Try www.londonmidland.com/sale they have 25% off if booked in advance.... The offer may have expired but worth a quick look
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 06:47:19 am »

I see quite a few of you travel by train to away games as a pose to the travel coaches... just wondered why? isnt it easier and cheaper to go by coach? not knocking just saying like.

its far easier to get properly ****ed on the train and its easier to be sick
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
bigcitylights

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 06:55:11 am »

Have you not seen some of the people who get on the coaches?
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 07:46:35 am »

Not only a snob but predujiced as well  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:14 am »

Much more freedom by train, especially if you want a proper day out drinking and the fact it's more expensive means you get a better type of fan.

You should try it, its fun
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
bigcitylights

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 10:10:24 am »

Not only a snob but predujiced as well  Embarrassed

How do work out I'm a snob?

I've travelled on the coaches. It's now why I travel to away games by car or train.
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 10:54:14 am »

I've travelled on the coaches. It's now why I travel to away games by car or train.

Enough said!
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:07 am »

How do work out I'm a snob?

The S was probably a typing error.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:05 am »

the fact it's more expensive means you get a better type of fan.

I must just have bad luck because most the fans I come accross if getting a train on a Saturday tend to be pissed up chavs looking for an arguement.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 13:25:00 pm »

The S was probably a typing error.

Grin Grin Grin good one Baby Bear
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
bigcitylights

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 14:30:05 pm »

Grin Grin Grin good one Baby Bear

What's this? The coach travelling, replica shirt wearing brigade ganging up on me?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 15:23:09 pm »

The train offers more freedom with times. Plus you can drink whilst travelling. And on the way home you can spread the Cobblers word with some gentle renditions of historical Cobblers songs. Provides the club with free advertising. I think they should subsidise it, on the way home from Burton we ensured that everybody in our carriage new exactly who were were, our association with horses, who Eric Sabin is and that our travelling involves both the UK and overseas. Nobody mentioned the IRA once either.
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 15:40:01 pm »

Shocked  I love you too Ben   Tongue  Was it me getting everyone up on stage that at Tan Hill Inn that put you off forever  Grin

Just to add ....   I would say about 50% of the people travelling on my coaches now are under 25; 80% are as concerned they get their full lunch stop drinking time as they are about getting to the game on time; several pick up points from EB through to SF specifically so people don't have to worry about driving after a drink when they get back; no worries about parking when you get there, often half the price of travelling by train.  Of course the downside is we can't have alcohol on the coach because its against the law.

I have sometimes seen similar stereotype comments on here about coach-travellers in Carrs bar but I can only think of a few people from the coach who drink in the bar and some of those have played a significant part in the re-introduction of real ale.  

So I'm not sure how the 'typical' coach traveller might be described but it's certainly not imo someone who doesn't like a bit of fun, a good drink, good banter, a good cobblers song or less than 100% behind the team.  
Report Spam   Logged
RayTrainSpotter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 16:10:08 pm »

Hello everyone, first post but I thought it was time to join the online party!

I used to travel by bus when I was younger, my first trip being to Burnley with The Mounties and the start of the magical Carr era, but found after a couple of years it was much, much more fun and you had more freedom on the train.

You can drink what you like and stop off wherever and take all night to get back if you fancy. It was also "interesting" to meet other fans on the move especially if you happened to pass through New St. on a Sat evening!

As a full blown anorak, train for me every time but as long as we take as many as possible to every away game who cares, just get there and back the Town. UTC.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 16:21:58 pm »

As a full blown anorak, train for me every time but as long as we take as many as possible to every away game who cares, just get there and back the Town. UTC.  Wink

Well said Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 17:07:08 pm »

Shocked  I love you too Ben   Tongue  Was it me getting everyone up on stage that at Tan Hill Inn that put you off forever  Grin

Just to add ....   I would say about 50% of the people travelling on my coaches now are under 25; 80% are as concerned they get their full lunch stop drinking time as they are about getting to the game on time; several pick up points from EB through to SF specifically so people don't have to worry about driving after a drink when they get back; no worries about parking when you get there, often half the price of travelling by train.  Of course the downside is we can't have alcohol on the coach because its against the law.

I have sometimes seen similar stereotype comments on here about coach-travellers in Carrs bar but I can only think of a few people from the coach who drink in the bar and some of those have played a significant part in the re-introduction of real ale.  

So I'm not sure how the 'typical' coach traveller might be described but it's certainly not imo someone who doesn't like a bit of fun, a good drink, good banter, a good cobblers song or less than 100% behind the team.  

There you go Linda. Your next challenge. Booking up a train and filling it for an away game. All aboard the Cobblers special  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 17:12:04 pm »

Oddly enough I have often said I would like to do just  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
RayTrainSpotter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 17:22:25 pm »

If I remember right the last Cobblers special before the Wembley trips was to Wolves?

DL2, Lets hope this improvement in form continues so you get the chance one day!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: