The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 04:28:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sod the Liverpool game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sod the Liverpool game.  (Read 3367 times)
Ted

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 18, 2010, 16:31:48 pm »

I've just about had enough of all the crap talk about the game on Wednesday.The twit on the radio even asked Sammo if he was going to get his boots on for Anfield FFS! We'll all troop up to scouse land on Wednesday, get beat but enjoy the experience and then what are we left with ? A  very average squad, managed by a very average manager and looking forward to a very average season at best in a very average league.Everything about the club is based on being very average, and it ain't good enough.As an individual I've never settled for mediocrity, and it more than irritates me to see the club and the vast majority of supporters being satisfied with it. Roll on next Saturday!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 16:49:15 pm »

I'm certainly not happy with mediocrity, in fact whilst looking forward to the day out, am dreading Wednesday!
I was amongst them to be calling for the likes of calderwood and grey during the bad spells,  but looking at this side now, maybe we weren't that bad after all!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 16:56:48 pm »

After 7 games, we have 7 points and are in 17th place. This is exactly the same record as at the same stage last season.

The difference being last season we had scored 10 goals versus 7 this season. Plus we had the Bayo effect. This year we've got a left winger at centre half, our back-up is an American college kid.

Frankly, we're looking dodgy for the top half, but no doubt the sheep element of our fans will be satisfied.
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 16:59:12 pm »

i think Ted is spot on.  I'm fed up with all the excuses...council, recession etc. the club has been negative since x-mas 2009 and we are now at best an average league 2 side.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 17:04:59 pm »

we've sucked ever since Calderwood left
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 17:09:09 pm »

A  very average squad, managed by a very average manager and looking forward to a very average season at best in a very average league.Everything about the club is based on being very average, and it ain't good enough.As an individual I've never settled for mediocrity, and it more than irritates me to see the club and the vast majority of supporters being satisfied with it.

Well said, Ted.  Some of decisions and the use of his budget are now starting to look like serious misjudgments notably awarding contracts to Slowe and Harris, and even already McKenzie.  It was painfully obvious we needed and still need central defensive cover, and what do get? Nothing. We needed either young and pacey or a big brick s***house up front, and what do we get?  Neither.  Yet again Sammo played Gilligan and Osman in the same starting line up and yet again we lost.  Where are all the "we play better against quality opposition" proponents now?  The clock has started to tick....
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 17:13:29 pm »

we've sucked ever since Calderwood left

Someone has spent too long living on the other side of the pond, methinks. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 17:15:47 pm »

Someone has spent too long living on the other side of the pond, methinks. Wink
not really mate I'm a results man he got them the other haven't. We did have that run last season but we started so badly it was way too late..
Report Spam   Logged

Insider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 17:20:08 pm »

not really mate I'm a results man he got them the other haven't. We did have that run last season but we started so badly it was way too late..

Yeah, 7 million quid and three years...that's some f***ing result.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 17:25:01 pm »

Yeah, 7 million quid and three years...that's some f***ing result.
He got us up and we didn't concede many goals with him either..Now look he's the assistant coach at Newcastle and they're doing very well in the Prem..
Report Spam   Logged

Insider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 17:33:49 pm »

If you think spending £7m and taking three years to get us out of this division is a result then you've obviously been in the US for too long,  watching too much mega bucks american sport.  And let's not forget that Calderwood got sacked from Forest along the way...
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 17:38:29 pm »

Yeah, not arguing with any of that, my point was more related to your choice of phrase in the post I was quoting. Look at the bit I highlighted, you'll see what I mean. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

northerncobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 18:01:09 pm »

I am really worried about Sammo's judgement, once again we have him saying he has made a tactical error in putting Harris in the team, and to cap it off he actually praised the effort of the players, whereas today it seemed the opposite was true.

the team looks weak after 7 games, we have not seen a good team performance that has lasted 90 mins against an opposition who have put out there first team.

i cannot see many plus points at the moment, Wednesday will be a good day out but after that we have to get back to the cold reality that this team (and mostly the manager) just are not good enough
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 18:03:03 pm »

Ted........... I love you..

But you might as well talk to a brick wall...

Most on here are too busy experiencing multiple orgasms at the thought of playing Liverpool reserves in front of an empty Anfield, to see the real point.

They'll be tipping the stewards for letting them in on Wednesday..

To be honest I'm sick of the whole thing, as it makes us look like what we at the moment-Tinpot!.From the radio going overboard about the fixture to the almost total devotion to the subject on the official website, it is extremely embarrassing. I actually find it as nauseating as the euphoria surrounding Susan Boyle's singing in front of the Pope.However, the most disturbing aspect of the whole charade is that it's overshadowing the abysmal start that we have made to the season.
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 18:40:55 pm »

I've just about had enough of all the crap talk about the game on Wednesday.The twit on the radio even asked Sammo if he was going to get his boots on for Anfield FFS! We'll all troop up to scouse land on Wednesday, get beat but enjoy the experience and then what are we left with ? A  very average squad, managed by a very average manager and looking forward to a very average season at best in a very average league.Everything about the club is based on being very average, and it ain't good enough.As an individual I've never settled for mediocrity, and it more than irritates me to see the club and the vast majority of supporters being satisfied with it. Roll on next Saturday!

I'm still waiting for your big news to come to fruition....Teds average rumours! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 18:50:22 pm »

Karl.....on Wednesday...can we discuss re-naming this website to www.miserablefeckingc***swhocantevenenjoythefactwehaveabiggameforonceinourhistory.com???

Ted/Insider/Hamster.. your misery is nothing short of inspirational...
I look at the tough times being experienced by many and think...ah well, at least I have a sense of optimism to keep me going....
If I was any of you guys I'd have killed myself by know.... you guys know so much that we aren't privvy to . If I had your internal knowledge of all things NTFC I'd have gone up the road to Leicester by now....we must surely be doomed forever.

Thank you every time you post for making me feel good...
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 18:57:46 pm »

I am really worried about Sammo's judgement, once again we have him saying he has made a tactical error in putting Harris in the team, and to cap it off he actually praised the effort of the players, whereas today it seemed the opposite was true.

Well, what else could Sammo do? When Harris went off we conceded 2 goals in 2-3 minutes.

Too early to get on his back. Of course its average, we ARE an average club. We're not spending above average wages anymore but unless you or someone is willing to fund them above average wages and please be my guest.

Lets be honest, we're not a BAD team. We're sloppy, we give away cheap goals and dont score enough. We're in a very competitive division and we're the average run of the mill team.

I do agree I think Sammo has got a squad with not enough depth but that because he has spent an 'substantial' amount of wages signing the players we wanted, Johnson and Thornton. I mean how many of us would swap them players for others?

Wednesday we'll most likely go out of the cup but pick up a few bob on the way, the most the club could have hoped for in that cup this season. Its a LONG season, even money-bags County struggles until someone took over who organised and re-energised them.

Sammo and Crosby last season did well, signed some good players in Gilbert, Johnson and Steel but also some duff ones in Lumely, O'Flynn and maybe Herbert who is yet to make a HUGE impact. He had the 'Bayo' effect but hes gone, if he was so determined to move closer to his family no amount of money we could offer would make him stay, so we move on. This season we have the Thornton effect and who knows the Leon McKenzie effect or maybe someone else will step up.

It's a LONG season ladies and gents, its up to us to enjoy it. We are average, we are poor but most importantly we're Northampton Town.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 19:59:08 pm »

Karl.....on Wednesday...can we discuss re-naming this website to www.miserablefeckingc***swhocantevenenjoythefactwehaveabiggameforonceinourhistory.com???

Ted/Insider/Hamster.. your misery is nothing short of inspirational...
I look at the tough times being experienced by many and think...ah well, at least I have a sense of optimism to keep me going....
If I was any of you guys I'd have killed myself by know.... you guys know so much that we aren't privvy to . If I had your internal knowledge of all things NTFC I'd have gone up the road to Leicester by now....we must surely be doomed forever.

Thank you every time you post for making me feel good...
Grin

Keep selling those towels, Glen.  Maybe if you sell enough by 2026 you'll be able to fund the purchase of a 46 year old Michael Owen.   Maybe you should combine the towels with pairs of rose tinted classes and sell them as "The sun always shines broghtly on Sixfields" pack.   Add some Cardoza SPF30 bulls*** oil and you'll be made. 

Perhaps this is a generational thing.  You're perfectly happy watching s*** mediocrity week in, week out...and we're not.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 20:18:43 pm »

Keep selling those towels, Glen.  Maybe if you sell enough by 2026 you'll be able to fund the purchase of a 46 year old Michael Owen.   Maybe you should combine the towels with pairs of rose tinted classes and sell them as "The sun always shines broghtly on Sixfields" pack.   Add some Cardoza SPF30 bullsh*t oil and you'll be made. 

Perhaps this is a generational thing.  You're perfectly happy watching sh*t mediocrity week in, week out...and we're not.

As much as I think Glen talks as much s*** as the rest of you on here how can you say it's a generational thing!!!! When have we ever not been mediocre? Are you for f***in for real? Perhaps you're the one with the flowery f***in face furniture. jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 20:18:45 pm »

I'm not happy either. Most, if not every week is f***ing garbage, then people moan when only 3500 home fans trickle through the gates. There used to be a time when people enjoyed going to sixfields, and when opposition teams hated it, that atmosphere has completely gone now
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: