The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:30:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Aldershot - Tuesday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aldershot - Tuesday  (Read 8896 times)
Luton Cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2013, 22:00:50 pm »

Surely Bayo was benched for the remarks he made after the Burton game. I would have thought that was obvious.

Eh? Which specific remark makes you say that?

After the performance at Chesterfield AB said he needed to change the way we play away from home and this was it
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2013, 22:07:19 pm »

Eh? Which specific remark makes you say that?

After the performance at Chesterfield AB said he needed to change the way we play away from home and this was it

Did you hear the interview?
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2013, 22:07:27 pm »

Why not Bayo up front by himself rather than Platt though? You could well be right about him being punished for causing a sir with his interview mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2013, 22:09:59 pm »

The electrician request was for their new 'bright' scoreboard that suddenly went blank...  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2013, 22:13:05 pm »

That garish green kit was certainly good in the conditions tonight.
It's great for on-field vision yet vile as leisure-wear.
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2013, 22:22:23 pm »

Just looking at the BBC & NTFC Stats on the game,how can they show such discrepencies even down to having different numbers of corners!! How we scored twice when we only had one shot on target is interesting!

BBC                NTFC Website
Aldershot
Shots on                           7                    3
Shots Off                          3                    5
Corners                             6                    5
Fouls                                11                  14

Cobblers
Shots On                           2                    9
Shots Off                          1                    2
Corners                             4                    5
Fouls                                11                   9
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2013, 22:26:31 pm »

Did you hear the interview?

Yes I did. Very non-commital and tongue in cheek.
Report Spam   Logged
RayTrainSpotter

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2013, 22:29:28 pm »

Surely Bayo was benched for the remarks he made after the Burton game. I would have thought that was obvious.

Take your point Alton but I would suspect that ADB makes his decisions on football matters. I really think that we're all putting 2+2 together and making 6 as usual.

Time obviously will tell but for tonight Aidy made the correct tactical decisions to take us into the top 3 and that's all that really matters.

UTC.
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2013, 05:32:52 am »

Three reasons why Bayo may have been benched...

(1) He's off!

(2) He wants 2 strikers to run the channels in an away match as we keep losing them.

(3) Bayo doesn't like playing on snow.
I think it was all three ...
Report Spam   Logged
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2013, 06:54:19 am »

This could prove to be one of the most significant results of the season. A gutsy performance in adverse conditions when they must have been surprised to play at all. Any comments on the Bayo situation can only be speculation - I am glad we got through without him, and the rest wont hurt him. Bring on the Gills.
Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2013, 07:02:21 am »

Oh no. Everyone's getting carried away again.
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:15 am »

It makes a bloody nice change worrying about if we'll keep up with the chasing pack rather than worrying if we'll drop into oblivion.
Report Spam   Logged
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:37 am »

Sounded like a well ground out result, and ADB picked a team to suit the conditions and opposition, and also the next fixture in mind.

I keep getting fooled by the table, start looking at the mid section of it, then nearly get dizzy when I see where we are, lets hope our away form improves and we can stay up there.

Report Spam   Logged
black_army

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2013, 08:03:59 am »

That was one of my favourite ever away games and reminded me of being a wee nipper on cold Tuesday nights at The County Ground!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2013, 08:19:31 am »

Just looking at the BBC & NTFC Stats on the game,how can they show such discrepencies even down to having different numbers of corners!! How we scored twice when we only had one shot on target is interesting!

BBC                NTFC Website
Aldershot
Shots on                           7                    3
Shots Off                          3                    5
Corners                             6                    5
Fouls                                11                  14

Cobblers
Shots On                           2                    9
Shots Off                          1                    2
Corners                             4                    5
Fouls                                11                   9

well, neither of those stats say we had one shot on target.

and as has been mentioned on here before, but ignored by everyone, penalties dont count in the shots on/off.
Report Spam   Logged
black_army

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:36 am »

I don't really see what all the fuss is about. We won 2-1 and we're 3rd...job done!

Anybody who was trying to get stats together for last nights game would have a near impossible task seeing some of it, let alone trying to work out what constitutes a shot!
Report Spam   Logged
Bunny
Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2013, 10:07:21 am »

Absolutely delighted, I knew 2013 was going to be ace. Congrats to everyone who got the match on.
Report Spam   Logged

Always a happy bunny
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2013, 10:24:39 am »

The real stat of the night and one for future quiz questions must be for how many different coloured balls used in a game.

We started with yellow. Changed after about 20 mins to orange. That went out into their wonderful no stand end and they threw on the yellow again.  That went out so they threw on a white ball and eventually managed to get the orange one back Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2013, 10:32:22 am »

Having just read the doom and gloom on the Shots web site as they struggle to see where the next points coming from and how they can see nothing but relegation, it brings back the not so distant memories. What a difference a year makes.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2013, 10:49:05 am »

A few observations from one of the 142:
I've never seen conditions like that in over 50 years watching the Cobblers, but thankfully all 11 put in a proper shift and it was worth it in the end. There really must be a good conspiracy theory why that game was ever played, it can't just be their player's 3 match ban surely. I almost turned round at Cobham services on the M25 when it started pitching it down at 6 p.m.  
I've rarely seen a game with so few stoppages (apart from players climbing through the snow around the touchlines to retrieve the ball). When did we last have less fouls given against than the opposition?
As mentioned before, what was it with the ever changing ball, white, orange, yellow, white, orange...?
Why did the Shots drummer only show up after half time, why can they only sing when he's there?
Jake R looked really up for it which probably squashes any thoughts that he is a lightweight, but we should be proud of the lot of them.
And lastly, why is it that 142 Cobblers fans create more atmosphere than 13,000 Saints fans?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: