The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:24:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Arsenal

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 590 times)
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: January 31, 2013, 10:06:49 am »

I was completly shocked by the Arsenal fans attitude last night I thought us Cobblers fans were fickle but christ they take it to a new level.

Theo Walcott has been booed alot this season due to contract issues and sometimes being a bit pants, then last night first run he has they all call his name out.

Also the constant moans and groans of the fans (which we all do at games) followed by a mass boo chorus at halftime was shocking, then all of a sudden they score a goal and they chirp up with the songs. Yeah I know we have our moments at sixfields, but nothing on that level.

I thought I heard boos at fulltime time but not sure as was watching on telly.

Im just glad we support a proper club, where are expectations are kept in check, if we started acting like that up at sixfields I wouldnt bother again.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 11:32:24 am »

Loads of empty seats to be seen again.....yet they always announce the attendance as less than 100 below the 60000+ capacity.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 13:54:11 pm »

I had seen the empty seats but not the attendence that is digraceful, you couldnt even spot 100 or so empty seats in 60000, unless they were in a block. There had to be a few thousand empty seats.

I bet most of them are corperate season tickets holders and fair weather season ticket holders.

I used to think they were half decent a few years back, but the fans still think its there god given right to success.

At least at clubs like liverpool, Man utd Newcastle it takes some serious problems to lose the fans, but they still back them.

It takes a poor touch or bad first half and they are baying for the players and wengers blood, no wonder all there best players go.
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 16:23:28 pm »

Among the worst set of fans in the premier league have'nt met a more arrogant set of fans other than Aston Villas
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 17:43:35 pm »

Rushden Cobbler let me know what tv you have, how the hell did you hear all the moans and groans that the Arsenal fans were making ? Its hard enough to work out who is being booed and why when your at a game let alone when you hear it on tv.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:25:11 am »

Ha Ha, They was even boing Gerrard when he was taking corners, I could understand suarez, but cant remember what Gerrard has done.

There was no atmosphere in the first half so the only thing you could here from the gooners was moans and groans.

Disgracefull.

Its similar at Chelsea, a few years of success and suddenly every season they think there name is on trophy before they kick off, neither of them have that much history compared to Liverpool and Man utd, Its taken Liverpool fans a few years to realise they are now not what they were 20yrs ago Liverpool fans might put the history card out a bit but at least they dont berate there own players week in week out.

We should start an I hate arsenal thread.

Report Spam   Logged
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:26:13 am »

Although reading my previous comments it appears it may well have started already Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 09:05:02 am »

I didnt say the scousers didnt bring up the history thing, to me they just seem to be a bit quiter about (it would be nice to have that history to harp on about), all the scousers I know have gone quieter about it, but I was saying you dont here scousers or mancs berate the players in the same way at the stadium.

I know a Gooner who went to the match and he was shocked at the level of abuse, and then the quick change of tune.

Of course its world through match of day or sky at those prices

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: