The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 09:26:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

"Staying with the pack"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Staying with the pack"  (Read 854 times)
Towcester ntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 30, 2013, 21:31:20 pm »

Aidy has used "staying with the pack" alot in his radio interview and i belive we are not going to be staying with them for much longer.Alot of teams around us have brought players of good quality in and we have got a youngster from brentford yay.We had mukendi from liver pool he played 2/3 and has gone back.We need a experienced midfielder and also a fast striker i know we have alex injured but a short term transfer.I also herd artell might be leaving i bloody hope not because i think me and 90% of cobblers fans dont have faith in clarke.I think craig hinton was better and he was poor.Tozer and langers would be good but not going to happen.Top teams dont let goals in like we do some of the goals we let in are almost sunday leauge standerd.Dont get me wrong i have faith in aidy and i am happy at the momment but to stay with the pack we need to improve
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

oop_north

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 21:45:34 pm »

Will the club earn more from being on the fringe of the promotion pack with "curate's egg" performances, or a relegation struggle with lots of blood & guts?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 21:48:44 pm »

Aidy has used "staying with the pack" alot in his radio interview and i belive we are not going to be staying with them for much longer.Alot of teams around us have brought players of good quality in and we have got a youngster from brentford yay.We had mukendi from liver pool he played 2/3 and has gone back.We need a experienced midfielder and also a fast striker i know we have alex injured but a short term transfer.I also herd artell might be leaving i bloody hope not because i think me and 90% of cobblers fans dont have faith in clarke.I think craig hinton was better and he was poor.Tozer and langers would be good but not going to happen.Top teams dont let goals in like we do some of the goals we let in are almost sunday leauge standerd.Dont get me wrong i have faith in aidy and i am happy at the momment but to stay with the pack we need to improve

I know Towcester is in a wild part of the county but even so your grammar could be better!

"90% of cobblers fans dont have faith in clarke" fair enough but 90% ...........phew ; like yr style though Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 21:49:36 pm »

I'd like to point out we've started to move up through the pack rather than stay with them, with the squad we have now. Would like us to strengthen, but we've done okay with the squad we have at the moment!
Report Spam   Logged
Towcester ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 21:54:30 pm »

Stayed with the pack not got away because 3 teams on same points and other team 1 point away
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:18:39 am »

90% of cobblers fans dont have faith in clarke

To be fair, I think you've got those numbers the wrong way round. From all the Cobblers fans I know and speak to, and from what I hear around me at matches, I reckon that about 90% of our fans are hugely appreciative of CC and what he did last season and what he's done since coming back, even if the start was a bot shaky this time round.

I'd say it's about 10% who have reservations about him, but it's not a scientific survey and we're all entitled to our opinions!
Report Spam   Logged
SeanODonovan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:32 am »

I'd say it's about 10% who have reservations about him, but it's not a scientific survey and we're all entitled to our opinions!

The only problem is when members of that 10% are very loud or sitting next to me .......... or in the case of the Gillingham game both
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:33 am »

Maybe Boothys on about his new workout routine..Staying with the 6-pack
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 09:13:05 am »

To be fair, I think you've got those numbers the wrong way round. From all the Cobblers fans I know and speak to, and from what I hear around me at matches, I reckon that about 90% of our fans are hugely appreciative of CC and what he did last season and what he's done since coming back, even if the start was a bot shaky this time round.

Would say that there's a lot more than 10% with reservations about Carlisle but then the same could be said about Platt.
Fact is that Aidy rates them both and they both have decent contracts so they are here to stay , at least in the short term.
Its called managerial judgement and its why he's currently got the job and we havent.
Personally I dont think there are more than 3 or 4 of our players who would regularly feature in a competitive league one team.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:54:26 am »

The only problem is when members of that 10% are very loud or sitting next to me .......... or in the case of the Gillingham game both

I was in the middle of the pack on Tues - and I heard one bloke in particular having a go at CC after they scored the first goal. I didnt realize that CC was in goal as well Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: