The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 01:55:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Next Please

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Please  (Read 3175 times)
SteveRiches

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 06:58:06 am »

For a midweek game, thousands of people would not be able to get more time off to go to those more distant grounds, so something like Villa away would be better...but in a way, better still would be a big club at Sixfields, because the TV money would be great, and the committed fans would already be OK for tickets because they're on the Sixfield's database. All the one-off attenders can watch it at home on the box instead. Also, importantly, there would be a well-better chance that we could actually win and go through further and become a rich club for a short time. Sorted!
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 08:03:18 am »

We are away on holiday in Northumberland, so Newcastle away would be great  Smiley

You booked your holiday when you knew that was the date for the last 16 of the Carling Cup?  Shocked

Talk about having Oh little faith  Tongue Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2010, 08:03:58 am »

Brentford at home or something would do me, selfish reasons. I'm on holiday for the first 3 weeks of October and if we have a big club will struggle to get my ticket, however if we get a s*** draw i have no worries about getting a ticket on my return!
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2010, 08:11:14 am »

For a midweek game, thousands of people would not be able to get more time off to go to those more distant grounds, so something like Villa away would be better...but in a way, better still would be a big club at Sixfields, because the TV money would be great, and the committed fans would already be OK for tickets because they're on the Sixfield's database. All the one-off attenders can watch it at home on the box instead. Also, importantly, there would be a well-better chance that we could actually win and go through further and become a rich club for a short time. Sorted!

No way Steve. The night was what it was because we were away, the regulars at Sixfields have seldom created anything like such an atmosphere. Old Trafford has to be the goal, both financially and for a night to remember. As for our chances, well we just beat Liverpool at Anfield so why should we be scared of going anywhere?

PS: Unlike some on here, I thought the "one-off attenders" made the night. In my books they're welcome anytime and if we only got a dozen of them to become regulars it would have been worthwhile.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2010, 09:22:08 am »

PS: Unlike some on here, I thought the "one-off attenders" made the night. In my books they're welcome anytime and if we only got a dozen of them to become regulars it would have been worthwhile.

Spot on - I bet they're not one-off attenders but more intermittent attenders - exactly the sort of people in Northampton and the wider catchment who might one day be regular attenders and fill a re-developed Sixfields for Championship football.
[/quote]
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2010, 09:27:39 am »

Yeah definatly agree with that , i was sat in block 126 and no one would sing in the first quater of the game which annoyed me. As the game went on every one started joining in and the atmosphere was f***ing immense , it actually sends shivers down my spine listening to the cobblers songs on lfctv.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:56:30 pm by Gen.Disorda » Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2010, 09:58:52 am »

I was in block 123 Gen, and I sang from first whistle to last!
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
black_army

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2010, 10:06:58 am »

I know it's wonderful and all but let's not get carried away... Semi's and out I reckon!

I had more than a semi out after Wednesdays magic!
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2010, 12:07:36 pm »

Favourites for me would be Villa, West Ham or Arsenal away! Ones to avoid-Wigan, Swansea, brentford away
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 12:55:35 pm »

126 sorry
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2010, 12:58:48 pm »

How do you think it would work? If we got say Brentford away, do you think the following would drop down to the usual few hundred or would there still be a large following because it was the last 16 of the League Cup?
Of course, if it was Brentford we'd only get an allocation of around 1900 tickets (based on the away capacity, Everton took 1800), in fact only at Villa, Man U, Arsenal or Newcastle would we get an allocation similar to Wednesday night based on the 15% rule. Even Leicester away, local trip and all, we'd only get 4500 or so.

As for a home game against a big team.....no thanks! I think we perform better away for one thing, and with only 5500 home tickets to be had I could see "doubled prices", organisational chaos, and too many disappointed people....... and yes i'm still bitter that I couldnt get a ticket for that ManUre game!!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
County Cobbler

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2010, 13:27:30 pm »

GPC-how would you distribute the tickets for the perfect practical system you seek?
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2010, 13:30:23 pm »

I wouldn't worry, should we get a big side at home the club would price the game such that a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford to go.
Report Spam   Logged
black_army

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 13:31:30 pm »

Think you must have had your ears plugged up Gen, I was in 123 as well and sung my heart out for the full 90. And the 'part-timers' did make it what it was. As much as we tried to make some noise up at H'pool, Wednesdays noise level was superb throughout and can only be creted when you get a following of that size.
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2010, 13:33:43 pm »

Villa,Arsenal or Man Utd away failing that West Ham or Leicester away
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2010, 13:35:29 pm »

GPC-how would you distribute the tickets for the perfect practical system you seek?

Now thats the question!!!

For a home game......Normal prices, Season Ticket Holders first, Members second, Everyone else third!

For an away game, Personally, I would say that everyone who attended the Liverpool game should get first chance at the next round! A way of thanking them for the fantastic support, the financial outlay and the commitment shown in giving 12 or 13 hours out for a 120 minute game!!
Rather that than tie future tickets into the Hereford game (on 16th October) which follows on two consecutive away Saturday games and therefore is the only realistic tie-in anyway!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2010, 13:40:03 pm »

Now thats the question!!!

For a home game......Normal prices, Season Ticket Holders first, Members second, Everyone else third!

For an away game, Personally, I would say that everyone who attended the Liverpool game should get first chance at the next round! A way of thanking them for the fantastic support, the financial outlay and the commitment shown in giving 12 or 13 hours out for a 120 minute game!!
Rather that than tie future tickets into the Hereford game (on 16th October) which follows on two consecutive away Saturday games and therefore is the only realistic tie-in anyway!
thats fair enough but iam sure that the membership thing is for under 18s only to prove their age for the cheaper tickets   
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2010, 14:32:17 pm »

I wouldn't worry, should we get a big side at home the club would price the game such that a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford to go.

Do you know what - I'd pretty much go along with that. Given that I'm going to go to pretty much every game home and away for the foreseeable future, if that one game buys us a striker that I can watch knocking in goals at Port Vale and Cheltenham when all the part-time fans have disappeared...
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2010, 14:52:26 pm »

Do you know what - I'd pretty much go along with that. Given that I'm going to go to pretty much every game home and away for the foreseeable future, if that one game buys us a striker that I can watch knocking in goals at Port Vale and Cheltenham when all the part-time fans have disappeared...

I guess people who bough the cup bolt on will be desperately praying for a home game otherwise the Brighton match may be the most expensive ticket of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
stevecobb

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 14:58:45 pm »

www.footballgroundguide.com   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: