The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 12:51:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Handbags in 1st Half ??

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Handbags in 1st Half ??  (Read 1266 times)
Tiki-Taka

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Level 5 Combination
« on: September 23, 2010, 19:50:47 pm »

anyone know what got the stewards and police excited in the bottom left hand corner of the stand in the 1st half ?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Marvo

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 22:28:05 pm »

I believe it was to do with people standing and blocking others view.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 22:31:02 pm »

some f***ing old twat told me to sit down probably about 10 seconds after we scored our 2nd! Now, usually if I'm in the way of somebody I will sit down but for f*** sake we'd just taken the lead at Anfield! They hadn't even kicked off again. Some people should just stay at home
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 22:31:54 pm »

oh and for the thread, I think somebody pushed a copper away or something and they didn't like it
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 22:50:33 pm »

Someone called Natalie! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 23:36:54 pm »

Fair play to the bloke who it took about eight stewards and five plod to eject, I couldn't ever imagine ever drinking quite that much.
Report Spam   Logged
black_army

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 09:07:59 am »

some f***ing old twat told me to sit down probably about 10 seconds after we scored our 2nd! Now, usually if I'm in the way of somebody I will sit down but for f*** sake we'd just taken the lead at Anfield! They hadn't even kicked off again. Some people should just stay at home

We were lucky where we sat in that respect, but still had the old one grumble after we'd equalised. Got no time for people that turn up and expect it to be like the bloody ballet.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 09:49:23 am »

I was right down the front at the bottom left, some guy wouldnt sit down i think, so they decided to send about 20 coppers up to him....just seemed like overkill

But the steward infront of us was the same, a guy behind me shouted your sh*t to one of the liverpool players...and got told to shut up or get out by a steward.
Report Spam   Logged

Realale

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 09:55:46 am »

I had a girl sat behind me who was blatantly supporting Liverpool so I made sure I took every opportunity to stand up and block her view.
There was a bit of trouble in block 127 with the NAT lads and the old bill during the 1st half, a couple got taken away but they put up a fair old struggle.
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
DustCobb

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 09:58:53 am »

The guys next to me were def supporting Liverpool aswell, made sure i jumped all over them when Osman banged the penalty in  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
black_army

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 10:09:31 am »

The guys next to me were def supporting Liverpool aswell, made sure i jumped all over them when Osman banged the penalty in  Grin

Good lad. Didn't see any obvious Liverpool fans around me. Stewards around Block 123 seemed pretty decent and I never usually get on with the over-officious yellow coated dumplings.
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 10:38:10 am »

Good lad. Didn't see any obvious Liverpool fans around me. Stewards around Block 123 seemed pretty decent and I never usually get on with the over-officious yellow coated dumplings.

I was in 123 and us four middle aged blokes were surrounded by spikey haired youngsters who I think were a bit worried we might want to sit all game..lol. They needn't have worried as I hate sitting and we were leaping around with the best of them. Oh for the terraces again, German safe style of course.
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 11:17:44 am »

We were in the middle of block 123 as well.

From the footage I watch on LFCTV it seemed to the "the block" that was standing the most. We probably stood for a fair old share of the game. I did get one prod in the back from the old boy behind me but I'll let him off as he was about 70 and about 5ft.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 11:25:22 am »

We were in block 122, i'll be honest, the atmosphere from our supporters was much better than expected.
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 15:16:16 pm »

I was by block 123 by the stairs, and the stewards were decent to be honest. But then when we scored and I was down the front had some scrawny scouse pikey trying to drag me away but hadn't had his wheetabix in the morning so needed a few of his mates to help.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 15:36:27 pm »

So there you have it...and the winner is:....BLOCK 123.....
...127 for part timers! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 15:43:56 pm »

So there you have it...and the winner is:....BLOCK 123.....
...127 for part timers! Grin

Good job I was looking over from 126 then!
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 16:39:16 pm »

I was in block 127 as I brought a ticket on the day as wasnt sure if I could make it with it being freshers week and there were no trains back till the next morning, made the decision the previous night and was obviously glad i did go Smiley....However, the amount of liverpool supporters there were was unbelievable and to make it so obvious as well (why didn't they just go in the home end?)....I was a couple of rows in front of the trouble, and it looked like they didnt catch the man they were looking for as he ran away towards block 126,25 and had alot of 'mates' blocking the police off so they took them instead.
Report Spam   Logged
dodger

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 18:23:05 pm »

Plod told us after the game that there had been 50 arrests (8 from Northampton) Bit worrying at the time because we had a couple of empty seats, luckily they turned up soon after
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: