The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:08:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Accy @ Home

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accy @ Home  (Read 7417 times)
A view from the east

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2013, 17:56:59 pm »

I do hope that is not true Sad
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2013, 18:34:06 pm »

I do hope that is not true Sad
If it is true, it would explain why the steward was taking statements. Could be a legal issue?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2013, 19:10:22 pm »

Comfortable win. Disappointing 2nd half performance. Should have won 4 or 5-0.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2013, 19:13:53 pm »

If this is the case then the book should be thrown at Hunt.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2013, 20:50:23 pm »

Towards the end o the game Ish was pulled up for a foul on Hunt and beckoned to the ref for a chat. As he passed Hunt something was clearly said as Ish reacted aggressively then calmed hiself down immediately. Maybe this is when Hunt upset him.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2013, 21:18:41 pm »

Towards the end o the game Ish was pulled up for a foul on Hunt and beckoned to the ref for a chat. As he passed Hunt something was clearly said as Ish reacted aggressively then calmed hiself down immediately. Maybe this is when Hunt upset him.
I must say hunt was a very unusual looking footballer. Like the child of Miranda Hart and Gladstone Small.
Report Spam   Logged
Ed

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2013, 21:33:00 pm »

Probably not the smartest move if you're playing against a team with Bayo/Platt in who would eat you alive and the chairmen of PFA who's recently done a documentary on racism in football. Saying that, footballers aren't always known for their brains.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2013, 23:34:56 pm »

I must say hunt was a very unusual looking footballer. Like the child of Miranda Hart and Gladstone Small.
What a mental image!
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2013, 01:25:22 am »

Don't want to just seem grumpy and ungrateful for the three points, but left feeling there was maybe a bit of a missed opportunity there today. Accrington were, I thought, significantly weaker than any of Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth...that we've struggled against recently and there just might have been a couple more goals there for taking. Let's hope goal difference won't be significant come the end of the season.

Agreed. I know they have injuries but Accy looked one of the poorer sides to have visted Sixfields. I made comment at half-time, to the effect that if we kept our foot to the metal we could smash a few more past them, but would likely retreat into our shell and make hard work of it. It never was hard work, but if they had managed to score once then who knows? Fingers crossed we can perform away this week, because if we do it will be massive for us.
It is all very tight at the top, and I reckon come the final day four teams may be going for two of the promotion places. Goal difference will almost certainly come into it. 
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2013, 08:28:56 am »

Why would a steward take a statement?

I'd be surprised if any of them can write to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2013, 15:16:31 pm »

I didn't go to the Accy game but have just seen the highlights. Please correct me if I'm wrong but could we have easily not won that game? A 'strange' goal for us, and they should have easily put a couple over the line in the 2nd half. When are we going to prove that we are actually better than any one team in this division, I haven't seen it yet? Please don't just write me off as a moaner, I don't moan at games, I give all my support to the lads, but is there anything actually incorrect with my earlier sentences?  At present, I'm fearful of our run in. Oddly enough, I think the only team we have possibly outplayed in the last couple of months is Gillingham.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2013, 15:37:59 pm »

I didn't go to the Accy game but have just seen the highlights. Please correct me if I'm wrong but could we have easily not won that game? A 'strange' goal for us, and they should have easily put a couple over the line in the 2nd half. When are we going to prove that we are actually better than any one team in this division, I haven't seen it yet? Please don't just write me off as a moaner, I don't moan at games, I give all my support to the lads, but is there anything actually incorrect with my earlier sentences?  At present, I'm fearful of our run in. Oddly enough, I think the only team we have possibly outplayed in the last couple of months is Gillingham.

They were terrible. The Jeffers miss at the end was offside in any case so don't let that fool you - I think left in by Sky so they had an Accy attack to show (and so they could laugh at Jeffers). It was one of those games where I think we could always have scored two more goals than them if we needed to but were already easing up before half time - bit of a shame as there were more goals there for the taking, but less of a drain I guess in advance of the Morecambe game on Tuesday. It's an odd league: I'd say all of Wimbledon, Plymouth and Bristol Rovers looked better than Southend when we've played them recently, but Accy really did look like relegation fodder.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2013, 15:59:20 pm »

There was never any danger of us losing it. As soon as the second (hilarious) goal went in, you could see everyone just take there foot off the guess. A little frustrating we didnt push for more goals as goal difference could very well be key, and other than the top 2, our GD is similar to teams around us. That being said, happy that the players should be fairly fresh for the game against morecombe!
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2013, 16:02:25 pm »

It's an odd league: I'd say all of Wimbledon, Plymouth and Bristol Rovers looked better than Southend when we've played them recently, but Accy really did look like relegation fodder.
True I'm afraid. Watched every team in our division this season and they have to be one of the worst.
Unfortunately we didnt take full advantage of their shortcomings.
If they perform like that in many more games they will be for the drop.
Maybe Big Ears will get them out of trouble. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2013, 17:12:29 pm »

So if they were so bad why didn't we score 4 or 5? Most other teams, Barnet for example, seem occasionally able to get more than a maximum of 2 or 3 goals in a game and therefore avoid squeeky bum time every game. I don't believe we took the foot off the gas, we just aren't good enough to score a hatful, even against the worst of opposition.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2013, 17:33:52 pm »

So if they were so bad why didn't we score 4 or 5? Most other teams, Barnet for example, seem occasionally able to get more than a maximum of 2 or 3 goals in a game and therefore avoid squeeky bum time every game. I don't believe we took the foot off the gas, we just aren't good enough to score a hatful, even against the worst of opposition.

Good point  ... what was the scored in the Accrington away game ?
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2013, 17:52:05 pm »

I don't believe we took the foot off the gas, we just aren't good enough...

Didn't you say earlier that you weren't there?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2013, 19:08:28 pm »

I can't remember us forcing many saves from ex cobblers loaner Rachubka
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2013, 19:20:59 pm »

I can't remember us forcing many saves from ex cobblers loaner Rachubka
Because we didn't create anything of real note after the goals & that could come back to haunt us if it goes down to ether GD or Goals Scored for where we finish in the top 7
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2013, 19:35:21 pm »

I was happy to hear 'C'mon feel the noize' at half time as much as I was with the three points.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: