The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 07:30:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Top 50 Football League Players

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 50 Football League Players  (Read 2349 times)
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« on: April 03, 2013, 18:54:32 pm »

In the latest issue of Four Four Two magazine there is a top 50 Football League players and Bayo has made the cut at number 38. Not bad I suppose. We rarely feature in things like this. I'm guessing this poll was put together before his barren run in front of goal.....
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 19:11:38 pm »

Its just the Bayo PR machine whirring away again. I think he's on Question of Sport soon, and Come Dine With Me
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 19:18:11 pm »

He's been everywhere - Zoo magazine, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Guardian and probably others. I've heard he is the guest presenter on Have I got News for you on Friday......This top 50 was chosen by fans rather than any media type people, who were asked to name their top 3 players this season. They then applied a mysterious calculation to get the top 50. Joint winners were Wilfred Zaha and Tom Ince
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 20:03:13 pm »

To be honest ... the sooner he fooks off the better
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 20:16:01 pm »

To be honest ... the sooner he fooks off the better

I've been saying that since the transfer deadline speculation that he was on his way out. I was told by many posters on here that we wouldn't get in the play offs let alone automatic with Bayo in the side. We are currently in 3rd and automatic promotion is in our own hands. Funnily enough that since the transfer window has shut Bayo has been on the bench a lot and looks like his mind is on where his next contract is going to be (obviously away from Sixfields) and not on playing for ntfc. He has scored 2 goals in that time both penalties.... Proof that we didn't need Bayo all along.

Oh! and he still owes my son Ben the beast mode t shirt he promised him last October
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 20:17:39 pm by abington_cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 20:19:16 pm »

Form, is temporary.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 20:26:12 pm »

Where would we be without his 17 goals though, and his 18 last season...
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 20:28:25 pm »

Bayo on " Come dine with me "  absolute classic !  Grin
Wonder what recipe he would come up with ?
Report Spam   Logged
Jgill1976

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 20:31:18 pm »

Where would we be without his 17 goals though, and his 18 last season...
Where would he be without Ben Tozer?
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 21:34:58 pm »

Clearly the list is based on profile and fame rather than efficacy. Hackett has been our best attacking player by a country mile IMO.

Bayo has been a great servant. We need him to score some goals and bully some defences over the next few games. It would have been wrong to sell him in January, but the summer is a different matter.

Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 21:37:52 pm »

I'm a big Bayo fan, but for the first time at Cheltenham on Monday I did feel like I was watching the beginning of the end.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 21:42:33 pm »

Bayo has been excellent for us, but since January has head has obviously been turned and it looks like he's going through the motions a tad, which is sad.
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 21:53:02 pm »

He was meant to go in January, he didn't. He'll be off in the summer, lets hope he enjoys promotion with us before he departs - over his two spells with us he has been immense but it's the right time to part ways IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 21:58:17 pm »

He was meant to go in January, he didn't. He'll be off in the summer, lets hope he enjoys promotion with us before he departs - over his two spells with us he has been immense but it's the right time to part ways IMO.

Quite. Bayo is one of my all time favourite players and if you'd told me at the start of the season that I'd be agreeing with a statement like this I'd have laughed in your face but sadly it's looking like he should probably move on. Let's hope he manages to muster a bit more enthusiasm between now and the end of the season and signs off his Cobblers career with a bang rather than a whimper.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 22:00:25 pm »

He's just not having the same effect as he used to, which is a shame. Personally I'd rather have Platt and O'Donovan start ahead of him, which if someone had said that he'd be third choice striker at the start you'd have laughed at.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 22:04:33 pm »

Derisory as it was, maybe it would have been better to accept the Sheffield Wednesday shilling.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 22:11:58 pm »

Perhaps, has he done anything since January? He scored at Wimbledon but it was Platt that changed the game. Anyone think of anything?
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 22:23:53 pm »

Lets be honest, his mind has been elsewhere, since January when a couple of offers were confirmed by the club to have been received.
When hes on form, he is unstoppable, but that is not as frequent as it should be.
My personal view? He should stop looking at himself in the mirror. Bulk does not equate to ability.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Jgill1976

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 23:08:22 pm »

The only reason he settled in Northampton is because we put up with his lack of professionalism and paid him handsomely for it. The guy is the wrong shape!he obviously puts more time into body building than into sports fitness.
AB was never going to put up with that, Bayo lost weight last year when he had to and put it on again when the end of his contract was in sight.
Why do we protect players who's attitude is wrong.
The tragedy is that pushed and motivated he could have gone on to be a very good footballer , instead we have heralded a guy always had one eye elsewhere.
Live and learn!!
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 06:53:36 am »

I'm a big Bayo fan, but for the first time at Cheltenham on Monday I did feel like I was watching the beginning of the end.
I got that feeling too. If we'd started with Platty & Roy, I think we would have definitely got something out of the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: