The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:03:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

York City

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: York City  (Read 5912 times)
abington_cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 18:31:52 pm »

We lost to a team who out fought us and cleary wanted it more than us. Simple as that
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2013, 18:37:07 pm »

Just got back home, after seeing what the worst performance we'd seen in a long time, totally lacking in ambition or creativity. Amusing to read some of the posts on here blaming the pitch - surely it's same for both sides? (and in any case the ball hardly touched the ground) and the ref (thought he was much better than most we get). The sad reality is that we are not good enough for promotion, or even the playoffs.  The chairman exhorts us to turn up in numbers and this is what we get. Hoofball. The manager thinks the players must have been nervous because of the large crowd! How would we manage if we did scrape a playoff position? If by any miracle we got to Wembley, they'd surely be terrified. Zero points out of the last nine possible, 3 goals scored in 6 games, and we have to put up with Terry Angus twittering on about getting 9 points from the last 3 three games. Pigs will fly first. Only Collins was worthy of a mention today. A poor Cobblers performance, a deserved win by York, and the end of our chance of auto promotion.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2013, 18:40:47 pm »

Just got back home, after seeing what the worst performance we'd seen in a long time, totally lacking in ambition or creativity. Amusing to read some of the posts on here blaming the pitch - surely it's same for both sides? (and in any case the ball hardly touched the ground) and the ref (thought he was much better than most we get). The sad reality is that we are not good enough for promotion, or even the playoffs.  The chairman exhorts us to turn up in numbers and this is what we get. Hoofball. The manager thinks the players must have been nervous because of the large crowd! How would we manage if we did scrape a playoff position? If by any miracle we got to Wembley, they'd surely be terrified. Zero points out of the last nine possible, 3 goals scored in 6 games, and we have to put up with Terry Angus twittering on about getting 9 points from the last 3 three games. Pigs will fly first. Only Collins was worthy of a mention today. A poor Cobblers performance, a deserved win by York, and the end of our chance of auto promotion.

Wind your neck in you cry baby. 
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2013, 18:44:34 pm »

Grow up Elad  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2013, 18:47:41 pm »

Wind your neck in you cry baby. 
Wind yours in. He's right !

He's also right about Terry Angus.
Gone from talking sense to complete bollox. " Some of our players couldn't handle the expectation of a big crowd "
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2013, 19:15:15 pm »

Yes it was a shocking performance today and York deserved the points,but in truth it's been coming for weeks. We just don't really look like scoring from open play and when Hackett is ineffective ,so are we .Bayo looks a shadow of the player he was in Jan/Feb and seems to have his mind else where. But let's get things in perspective ,we still have 3 games left, 9 points to play for and barring a total disaster will be in the play offs. Most people would have settled for this at the start of the season ,so although i'm bitterly dissapointed with todays result ,we're still in a great position with everything to play for and at least it's good to be moaning about points dropped in the race for promotion rather than the usual relegation!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2013, 19:43:56 pm »

I think the performance was similar to many games at Sixfields this season. The only difference was York took one of their chances and we didn't take any.
When was the the last time we really dominated a game?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2013, 19:52:01 pm »

Yes it was a shocking performance today and York deserved the points,but in truth it's been coming for weeks. We just don't really look like scoring from open play and when Hackett is ineffective ,so are we .Bayo looks a shadow of the player he was in Jan/Feb and seems to have his mind else where. But let's get things in perspective ,we still have 3 games left, 9 points to play for and barring a total disaster will be in the play offs. Most people would have settled for this at the start of the season ,so although i'm bitterly dissapointed with todays result ,we're still in a great position with everything to play for and at least it's good to be moaning about points dropped in the race for promotion rather than the usual relegation!

Fair amount of reasonable optimism here !! - many posters on here clearly cannot handle pressure and expectations. While we played better! at Bradford todays performance was poor even with comparison with the two previous games. If only forum members would show as much enthusiasm for posting some encouragement as opposed to an endless stream of witless negativity; after all if they can do it on a controversial thread they could at least show more enthusiasm on here. As one solitary poster suggested we just have to win the next three! Difficult it maybe but we all know it is possible. See you all at WW Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Jgill1976

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2013, 20:09:08 pm »

Fair amount of reasonable optimism here !! - many posters on here clearly cannot handle pressure and expectations. While we played better! at Bradford todays performance was poor even with comparison with the two previous games. If only forum members would show as much enthusiasm for posting some encouragement as opposed to an endless stream of witless negativity; after all if they can do it on a controversial thread they could at least show more enthusiasm on here. As one solitary poster suggested we just have to win the next three! Difficult it maybe but we all know it is possible. See you all at WW Wink

The thing is in seriousness everbrite , there is very little to enthuse about its been ages since we have seen a performance and I think the fans have a right to say so.
Ill tell you what summed up not the game but the general mindset at the club, we are 1-0 down 5 minutes to go and we have a corner , York left one player up, how many players would you have kept back if you was manager?

1 , 2 or throw everyone forward including keeper which by the way in the circumstances would not have been outrageous?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2013, 22:35:52 pm »

Just got back home, after seeing what the worst performance we'd seen in a long time, totally lacking in ambition or creativity. Amusing to read some of the posts on here blaming the pitch - surely it's same for both sides? (and in any case the ball hardly touched the ground) and the ref (thought he was much better than most we get). The sad reality is that we are not good enough for promotion, or even the playoffs. The chairman exhorts us to turn up in numbers and this is what we get. Hoofball. The manager thinks the players must have been nervous because of the large crowd! How would we manage if we did scrape a playoff position? If by any miracle we got to Wembley, they'd surely be terrified. Zero points out of the last nine possible, 3 goals scored in 6 games, and we have to put up with Terry Angus twittering on about getting 9 points from the last 3 three games. Pigs will fly first. Only Collins was worthy of a mention today. A poor Cobblers performance, a deserved win by York, and the end of our chance of auto promotion.

That's what fcuks me off so much! If I get any more stupid txts from NTFC saying 'thank you for your support..the next game is important blah blah' I'll shove it up their.. Bring a friend...if anyone did today, you've just lost  a buddy!
Report Spam   Logged
Bunny
Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2013, 22:56:44 pm »

We lost to a team who out fought us and cleary wanted it more than us. Simple as that

Yep.

I'm always staggered when people complain about Div IV football...from a Div IV side in Div IV.

They came to fight for points to preserve their status and they did it very well, even if Chambers looked a passenger for the bulk of his time on the pitch. Their second came as a result of a counter against a side thrusting everything forward...that's one of those risks you take when chasing for the points.

As I said earlier, let's get to Wembley, lose and look forward to being in the Premier League in ten years time  Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Always a happy bunny
SmithyNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2013, 23:22:33 pm »

Difference between most games at Sixfields this season was that York City came to PLAY football and take the game to us, instead of time wasting, 5 man defence, hoof ball, counter attacks or any other s***ty tactics I've seen by an away side this season at home so massive credit to them.

Thought their fans were brilliant and traveled in great numbers. York completely deserved the win as we were truly awful. Probably the worst home performance of the season but we haven't looked great for a number of weeks now. We're starting to fade at the crunch time of the season and with Burton's late winner today, things are looking dull for us. Out of luck? Or just s***e?

Probably both but hey ho, still three games to play, most of our rivals have two so still in our own hands but Wycombe really is a must win game. Lose that and it will dent our confidence (fans + players) hugely ahead of a daunting trip to Port Vale
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2013, 07:02:41 am »

There's not much left to say that hasn't already been said. It was an abysmal performance. I took two mates who rarely go (we who spent £60 for the restaurant package). They won't be speaking to me for a while.
We played no football at all, no-one other then Guttridge when he came on wanted to put their foot on the ball. Bayo looks shot and needs to be dropped completely. Carlisle and Collins were the better players. Aidy has a massive drop to lift everybody for back-to-back away games. We need to get something from the Wycombe game or I can see us slipping out of the playoffs altogether. I have this feeling however, that now the home form has come to an end, the away form will take an upturn  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2013, 07:30:11 am »

Well I spent over £100 yesterday and most of the day travelling to be served that shi!!
I really fear we are going to take a beating at Wycombe and Port Vale and probably still make the play offs but then turn in a coupel of embarrassing performances live on sky.
What really gets me is that we could have gone out a got a couple of decent loans in to see us over teh line, what did we end up with Nathan Cameron (he is going to be a class footballer), who has sunk without trace after 45 mins football! That just looks liek naievity from Aidy
Report Spam   Logged
Mattofthespurs

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2013, 07:40:00 am »

Hello.
Spurs fan who comes in peace.
Due to Spurs not having a match this weekend and me and a couple of buddies doing 'the 92' we took this opportunity to visit Sixfields yesterday for the first time.
Was pretty impressed with the ground. Nice main stand. Thought the stewarding was excellent as were the burgers off the chap outside the main stand who rings the bell  Smiley
Initially we were seated in the East Stand right at the end next to the York supporters. Their support, for a team fighting relegation, was excellent, it has to be said. It seemed to me that the Northampton support started well but the early goal to York seemed to knock the stuffing out of you chaps, and understandably so.
Have to say I was disappointed with the standard of play served up by The Cobblers. I know the pitch was a bit bobbly but lumping the ball up to Akinfenwa never looked like it was going to work.
As the rain lashed down we moved for the second half into the lower West Stand at the corner with The Hotel End. The standard of play from York was pretty decent and were showing their hosts up at times and probably, on the balance of things, deserved their second goal.
I will say, having read this thread, that the standard of officiating was appalling. Northampton should have had a stonewall penalty in the first half when one of your players was clotheslined in the penalty area and twice the referee gave goal kicks when corners should have been awarded. If this was a good referee then you have my sympathies.
Overall we enjoyed our day out. A nice ground with passionate supporters in pleasant enough surroundings. Getting away wasn't too bad and we were back on the M1 from the car park inside 15 minutes.
Disappointed that we could not see a Cobblers win (although not as disappointed as you chaps) but a good day out at reasonable prices (well, reasonable compared to paying £60+ at Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham).
I do hope Northampton at least make the play offs and wish you all the best and good luck for the rest of the season.
Keep the faith. You're team needs you!
Report Spam   Logged
Ulster Cobbler

Ulster Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2013, 15:15:36 pm »

Hello.
Due to Spurs not having a match this weekend and me and a couple of buddies doing 'the 92' we took this opportunity to visit Sixfields yesterday for the first time.
Was pretty impressed with the ground. Nice main stand. Thought the stewarding was excellent as were the burgers off the chap outside the main stand who rings the bell  Smiley
Initially we were seated in the East Stand right at the end next to the York supporters. Their support, for a team fighting relegation, was excellent, it has to be said. It seemed to me that the Northampton support started well but the early goal to York seemed to knock the stuffing out of you chaps, and understandably so.
Have to say I was disappointed with the standard of play served up by The Cobblers. I know the pitch was a bit bobbly but lumping the ball up to Akinfenwa never looked like it was going to work.
As the rain lashed down we moved for the second half into the lower West Stand at the corner with The Hotel End. The standard of play from York was pretty decent and were showing their hosts up at times and probably, on the balance of things, deserved their second goal.
I will say, having read this thread, that the standard of officiating was appalling. Northampton should have had a stonewall penalty in the first half when one of your players was clotheslined in the penalty area and twice the referee gave goal kicks when corners should have been awarded. If this was a good referee then you have my sympathies.
Overall we enjoyed our day out. A nice ground with passionate supporters in pleasant enough surroundings. Getting away wasn't too bad and we were back on the M1 from the car park inside 15 minutes.
Disappointed that we could not see a Cobblers win (although not as disappointed as you chaps) but a good day out at reasonable prices (well, reasonable compared to paying £60+ at Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham).
I do hope Northampton at least make the play offs and wish you all the best and good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts, always good to get a neutral perspective on things - especially on the standard of L2 referee's  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2013, 15:30:34 pm »

Very nervous?? As you would be playing a team second bottom of the league at home, a fortress which had seen you win your last 10 games on the bounce!!
Over confident I could relate to...but nervous??
FFS, some people Elad will try and make an excuse for anything!!
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2013, 18:44:08 pm »

Hello.

Glad you agree that the ref had a bad game. You'll find that a lot of people on this site get a twisted satisfaction in defeat. I guess it offers them an outlet to express the frustration of their lives on an area they believe mistakenly is always black and white.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2013, 18:49:19 pm »

Hello.

Thanks for that review of your day at our place Matt. Good luck to you and your team.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2013, 19:49:12 pm »

Don't worry lads I have a good feeling about the Wycombe game.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: