The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 22:40:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Who was in the home end today?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was in the home end today?  (Read 1213 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: May 06, 2013, 00:27:31 am »

Brilliant evening in the end...Cobblers fans singing throughout, though to be honest, apart from the end, not too loud. Those on the far left of the away end seemed to win the awards for singing!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:05:22 am »

When we scored I could have sworn I saw a bunch a people jump up and cheer in the home end.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:59:24 am »

I was down the left of the away end and there were about 10 Cobblers fans in the terrace that I noticed.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:09:07 am »

A few friends of mine were.
 Took their pubs as well. Walking in Cheltenham town centre you would have thought it was a Cobblers home game.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:58:19 am »

There were about 10 on the terrace right up by the Cobblers fans. To be fair to the stewards they seemed to be telling them not to make it too obvious and they wouldn't do anything about it.
Who were the two bloke who went on the pitch when we scored? One of them seemed to come out of the Cheltenham seats to try and get in Cobblers end?
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:28 am »

There will be some sore heads today  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
fwalden

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 08:08:51 am »

There were about 10 on the terrace right up by the Cobblers fans. To be fair to the stewards they seemed to be telling them not to make it too obvious and they wouldn't do anything about it.
Who were the two bloke who went on the pitch when we scored? One of them seemed to come out of the Cheltenham seats to try and get in Cobblers end?

Really thought about doing it but was worried about getting ejected. Tried to get some tickets via a mate I know who works for notts county and is in contact with bayo. I copied my text below from him as I found it interesting that aidy clearly tried to keep the chelts game and the magnitude of the game down to not distract them...obviously worked!

Just got this from Bayo

- Hey bro we did not get any ticks from Cheltenham so no comp ticks also we had to sort out ticks by weds our gaffer did not want distractions

Sorry mate I'm struggling.
Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
Moocher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 14:24:26 pm »

We sat in the family enclosure with no issues, good seats and it was great to see how good the cobblers fans were. It was quite obvious there was a few of us judging by the mixed reaction gutts got when he was substituted.
To be fair the Cheltenham fans and stewards were fine with it.
The goal was just surreal, took a while to register it had really happened.
Also interesting to hear Cheltenham fans view on us, bloke next to us thought donavon was best player on pitch in first half
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 14:54:33 pm »

We sat in the family enclosure with no issues, good seats and it was great to see how good the cobblers fans were. It was quite obvious there was a few of us judging by the mixed reaction gutts got when he was substituted.
To be fair the Cheltenham fans and stewards were fine with it.
The goal was just surreal, took a while to register it had really happened.
Also interesting to hear Cheltenham fans view on us, bloke next to us thought donavon was best player on pitch in first half

Talking to a couple of Cheltenham fans after the game. They thought we were loud and their own fans quiet (contrary to what's said on their messageboard) that Nicholls was an amazing goalie and how Bayo wasn't booked for constantly fouling...........and that we must have paid the ref!! We then had the pleasure, with our new friends, to marvel at Luke's goal as it was replayed on the pub telly! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Moocher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 15:37:13 pm »

Hadn't realised just how good goal was until seeing it again today. I think the ref was pretty poor, thought he gave a few free kicks for some good tackles, and pretty much ignored all the pushing and pulling going on. Was worried he was going to send guttridge off after booking him for nothing. couldnt see from where i was but understand the foul was outside the box! Bayo was consistently fouled but being consistently fouled against. Thought bayo had a very good game as well, their centre halves were very decent and he was often very isolated
Report Spam   Logged
wiseman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 15:52:04 pm »

Watched it again on TV. Foul was outside the area, just. Gutts booking fully justified, in the prem it could have been red.
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 16:18:10 pm »

I was in the home end in the terrace behind the home dug out. Difficult not to celebrate the penalty save and Guttridge wonder strike but managed to get on the pitch to celebrate at the end.

A decent atmosphere in the Specter / Shooters before the game which the Cobblers pretty much took over. A strange set up in Shooters where the bar staff flipped a coin and if you called it correct they gave you your round again for free. I won on both occasions I went to the bar and plenty of others seemed to be in luck as well.

Best away game in a long time and I've just about recovered.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 16:51:37 pm »

Cheltenham town centre was decent.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: